• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What post are you thinking of?
the one where you grossly joked about sucking on the paws of a cartoon dog
Level-5 in general got nothing. Not even any Yokai Watch spirits despite how big it was in Japan.

Hopefully we will get some bones thrown during DLC but...
That bone is probably gonna end up going to Kats dog xD
I dont expect anything for Layton now anyway

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also, after learning the amount of cutscenes and bosses in the game, I want DLC outside of fighter pass even less. Team Let development team rest.
i just wanna play WoL at this point
i don't even care about DLC, it'll come when it comes

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
is a list of mii costumes out yet or just spirirts?

i saw the mii costumes datamine text last night but just curious if a list has been made yet

D

Deleted member

Those cutscenes sure are something.
I like Dharkon’s design, but I am very slightly dissapointed that most of the cutscenes revolve around the OCs and not the fighters

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Also, after learning the amount of cutscenes and bosses in the game, I want DLC outside of fighter pass even less. Team Let development team rest.
Honestly, and realistically speaking, they won't even if they stopped working on Ultimate. They'd move on to the next game pretty soon if they stopped, similar to how they did for 4 and Ultimate.

It's actually a lot less work for them to develop a few characters at a slower pace than to make another game. I'm okay with them making more characters beyond the 6, but only if they enjoy doing it. This is the perfect game to add more consistent content to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem I have with that is that Saturn Valley has literally nothing to do with Porky. It'd be a great location to have a stage, but bundled with Porky?
Fourside would also work with Porky, so in that sense, anything from MOTHER would be nice. K.Rool and Ridley also didn't have home stages, but funciton well with whatever is already present in game. I think it would work with Porky as well.

Also, I still hope Sakurai secretly is making new Echo Fighters as well. I still think it's kinda tame that they didn't make far more of them. There's lots of potential fun ones, and this is a oppertunity they missed out on greatly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There being no Piranha Plant spirit seriously turns my speculation into a complete 180%.

Dear god. Dear god.
TBH, it hasn't changed much for me. The fact that they had a near-complete character ready to show off in the Direct tells me that he had been a work in progress for some time. Since PP was likely being developed all the way back in spring of this year, and because he's a generic enemy who doesn't absolutely have to have a Spirit in the base game, Sakurai may have wanted to save others the confusion by intentionally leaving out a PP Spirit.

D

Deleted member

https://pastebin.com/ZmAnrQJh

Woolly Yoshi was a pleasant surprise to me :yoshi:
"Business Suit"

All I needed to see! But some new ones like

Butler Outfit and Isaac have me intrigued.

It's kind of weird to think that Yoshi didn't have a costume until now, but hey, we've got Crafted Yoshi as an alt and Woolly Woshi as a Mii costume. That's neat.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what is this garbage? They remove the other business suit? What the hell, Sakurai?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
This whole idea that a character didn't get a spirit so it must be a character is a bad mindset to have. It definitely gives them a step up, but we don't have many DLC characters. It's best not to assume for certain. Especially third parties.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After Cloud getting barred from World of Light, I'm not surprised...
Also, why he wasn't included in that? Like, they didn't have to put him in any cutscenes, just making him recruit-able was that hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom