• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Eh, I really wouldn't call him "Important..."
To Nintendo as a whole? No. Within his own series? Yes. A ton of characters more minor than Porky have spirits, like Ness's Dad the phone.

I really don't think it means anything though. We still have the Absolutely Safe Capsule, and if we have a battle with that which would be unwinnable it'll reference Porky.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
DK and Metroid always had the same amount of newcomers in every other installment of the series
1 in SSB64
0 in SSBM
1 in SSBB
0 in SSB4

But the satisfying pattern is broken now and it makes my eye twitch every time I'm reminded of it
Funky Kong for DLC? :denzel:

D

Deleted member

Sylux being out is just proof the Smash fanbase overhyped him as an important character when he really just isn't.
I’d agree but other Metroid Prime Hunters characters are spirits while he isn’t.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Personally, I'd be kinda pissed to have Sylux right at this very point. We just recently got Ridley and Dark Samus, neither looked likely. I lowkey supported Sylux because I never thought either Ridley or Dark Samus would make it, neither Anthony Higgs, so that's why I thought Sylux would be cool. But now that BOTH Ridley and Dark Samus are here, I really don't see much reason to have a 3rd Metroid newcomer. It would literally be the Fire Emblem situation from Smash 4 all over again.
Inb4 incoming ironic "Sakurai has a Metroid bias" accusations if one of the five DLC characters is another Metroid newcomer....

D

Deleted member

Nintendo and Ubisoft have a very good relationship though and Rayman was a trophy is Smash 4. It's not that weird to see him in a similar state again, especially since Rabbid characters are there too.

I don't think Activision has that same relationship. So I don't feel it means anything.
Diablo got a themed Switch bundle, and Activision has released cool ports on the system.
Diablo 3’s port got a reveal trailer featuring Reggie, and we will get an amiibo soon.

They may not be like Ubisoft, but there’s some sort of support between Nintendo and Activision.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Dear SE,

When people say they like limited content, they dont mean having as little content as posible.
With concern and confusion, the Smash fanbase.

Anyway, has there been any news about the order of WoL unlocks?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Diablo got a themed Switch bundle, and Activision has released cool ports on the system.
Diablo 3’s port got a reveal trailer featuring Reggie, and we will get an amiibo soon.

They may not be like Ubisoft, but there’s some sort of support between Nintendo and Activision.
TBH. I forgot about that so he still has a better shot than most third parties.

D

Deleted member

If anyone here is gonna speculate on DLC for real, be prepared to do an immense amount of research to speculate on newcomers. That is all I will say.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to speculate on Smash Bros?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sylux and Porky missing isn't really as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. With Sylux, we don't even know how big of a role he'll have in MP4, and his appearances in previous games haven't been nearly as notable as other characters from the series who are already in Smash. Him missing entirely wouldn't be suprising. Porky is weirdly absent, and if he were a highly requested, promotable character from an active franchise, I might actually be inclined to believe it's an indicator of him getting in through DLC. Unfortunately, there's little to no reason for Nintendo to suggest Porky when there's no upcoming EarthBound game and dozens of other options who would likely sell far better.

I think this is another example of the fanbase making a huge deal over nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if 2020 rolls around and people are saying, "What!! Sylux and Porky aren't represented at all!! This can't be true!! That's about as likely as Isaac not getting in Smash 4's DLC as a playable character because his AT was cut!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DLC hopes but they're filenames like that hilariously fake leak from a couple days ago
>choco
>crash
>poochy
>agumn
>ztrent

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sylux and Porky missing isn't really as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. With Sylux, we don't even know how big of a role he'll have in MP4, and his appearances in previous games haven't been nearly as notable as other characters from the series who are already in Smash. Him missing entirely wouldn't be suprising. Porky is weirdly missing, and if he were a highly requested, promotable character from an active franchise, I might actually be inclined to believe it's an indicator of him getting in through DLC. Unfortunately, there's little to no reason for Nintendo to suggest Porky when there's no upcoming EarthBound game and dozens of other options who would likely sell far better.

I think this is another example of the fanbase making a huge deal over nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if 2020 rolls around and people are saying, "What!! Sylux and Porky aren't represented at all!! This can't be true!! That's about as likely as Isaac not getting in Smash 4's DLC as a playable character because his AT was cut!!"
If you say sylux is not important

Why was the other Metroid hunters spirits but not him.

Hmmmmm.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I was just listening to all of the victory themes, and lol
Robin and Lucina get one based on ID (Purpose), while Chrom is stuck with the generic FE main theme one...
I'm telling you, he's getting the short end of the stick

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sylux and Porky missing isn't really as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. With Sylux, we don't even know how big of a role he'll have in MP4, and his appearances in previous games haven't been nearly as notable as other characters from the series who are already in Smash. Him missing entirely wouldn't be suprising. Porky is weirdly missing, and if he were a highly requested, promotable character from an active franchise, I might actually be inclined to believe it's an indicator of him getting in through DLC. Unfortunately, there's little to no reason for Nintendo to suggest Porky when there's no upcoming EarthBound game and dozens of other options who would likely sell far better.

Everything is possible.
Maybe Sylux will get in to promote Prime 4 (and i was fine when they did a similar thing with Corrin)... Or maybe he just isn’t present in any form.

I will see if he gets in, but i will try to keep myself relaxed in case he doesn’t.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
All right, I’m awake let’s what I missed.

-All Spirits shown, no PP supporting the deconfirmation argument.

-All costumes shown, no third party ones.

-Geno costume cut

-No Cloud in WoL....wait, WHAT!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stylus and Porky not having spirits is interesting, but I don’t think it super worth looking into that deeply.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I was just listening to all of the victory themes, and lol
Robin and Lucina get one based on ID (Purpose) while Chrom is stuck with the generic FE main theme one...
I'm telling you, he's getting the short end of the stick
I mean, he's lucky to be even be playable.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Welp, I guess it's time for me to go.

I wanna avoid being seriously spoiled. Music leaks are fine, but once we get to the serious stuff that's where I draw the line.
It's been really fun everybody! From E3 to Verg and the box to the Grinch and everything in between! It was my first Smash hype season, and i'm glad I joined for this one because it was really wacky!

I met a lot of cool people too! Like @Luigi The President and @Mr. Wario and Pyra Pyra , and @Zabadoo and @Mc.Rad and @Arigarmy and @Indecisive Fisher and @staindgrey and @Idon and @TotsBS and @Shroob and @lightdrago and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and @tehponycorn, I can't name all the cool people because you're all cool! Except Zinith Zinith ...nah just kidding, you're cool too buddy!

This isn't the last time you'll see me, i'll still pop in here and there, and once the game's out i'll be back for good. But I really don't wanna be spoiled. You know how it is. I just wanna say thanks for putting up with me the past 8 months, I know i'm kinda annoying and weird but you've all been great to me.

Once we're at 12 days left I wanna do a daily countdown thing, where I post a drawing once a day until Ultimate's out, so i'm gonna do that. But besides that I won't be posting as much until release.

Don't think of it as a goodbye, more of a see you later. Because i'll definitely see you guys later! Even if you wanted to you'll never get rid of Noipoi!

I'll leave you with this image. I could just leave like a normal person, but if i'm gonna leave, I gotta make a dramatic exit!

View attachment 179458

See you guys soon, especially once the game is released!

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar:RAWR! (Later, Losers!)
:ultinkling:Woomy! (See ya on the flipside!)

:ultisabelle:(I-I hope we weren't too annoying!)
We’ll all miss you here, lad. Here’s an extra Incineroar for you.
B515C3E1-3234-499E-8CE5-20AF86DB90F0.jpeg

Take care. :)

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, like many others, I'm gonna dip out of this thread until the game launches. I'll stick around the individual character forums as more information comes out, but I'd rather not know everything about the game before I turn it on.

It's been real, @Noipoi osby osby @TyrantLizardKing @Opossum @Indecisive Fisher @Luigi The President @Luigifan18 Gothitelle Gothitelle @Tougon @CaptainAmerica @KMDP @Idon @NineS @SvartWolf @Flyboy @Mc.Rad @praline and @anyoneelseicantthinkofrightnow.

Jill for DLC.
Yay, I'm memorable!

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom