• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So I was just listening to all of the victory themes, and lol
Robin and Lucina get one based on ID (Purpose), while Chrom is stuck with the generic FE main theme one...
I'm telling you, he's getting the short end of the stick
Chrom very well could have been the very last character added into Ultimate. I imagine his Final Smash model was what even got him into the roster.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If you say sylux is not important

Why was the other Metroid hunters spirits but not him.

Hmmmmm.
You're right! Let's jump to conclusions and say he's the most likely character!

Or we could take a step back, acknowledge the possibility that he isn't a Spirit, and think of other reasons why he'd get in aside from, "Missing Spirit! Sylux confirmed!"

FreeFox

Smash Lord
All right, I’m awake let’s what I missed.

-All Spirits shown, no PP supporting the deconfirmation argument.

-All costumes shown

-Geno costume cut

-No Cloud in WoL....wait, WHAT!?
SE gave us a total of 4 spirits, 2 songs, 1 stage, 1 character, no assist trophies/mii costumes. No Cloud on WoL is just the cherry on top.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, I guess it's time for me to go.

I wanna avoid being seriously spoiled. Music leaks are fine, but once we get to the serious stuff that's where I draw the line.
It's been really fun everybody! From E3 to Verg and the box to the Grinch and everything in between! It was my first Smash hype season, and i'm glad I joined for this one because it was really wacky!

I met a lot of cool people too! Like @Luigi The President and @Mr. Wario and @ToasterBrains, and @Zabadoo and @Mc.Rad and @Arigarmy and @Indecisive Fisher and @staindgrey and @Idon and @TotsBS and @Shroob and lightdrago lightdrago and @Smashing Ramen and @tehponycorn, I can't name all the cool people because you're all cool! Except @Zinith...nah just kidding, you're cool too buddy!

This isn't the last time you'll see me, i'll still pop in here and there, and once the game's out i'll be back for good. But I really don't wanna be spoiled. You know how it is. I just wanna say thanks for putting up with me the past 8 months, I know i'm kinda annoying and weird but you've all been great to me.

Once we're at 12 days left I wanna do a daily countdown thing, where I post a drawing once a day until Ultimate's out, so i'm gonna do that. But besides that I won't be posting as much until release.

Don't think of it as a goodbye, more of a see you later. Because i'll definitely see you guys later! Even if you wanted to you'll never get rid of Noipoi!

I'll leave you with this image. I could just leave like a normal person, but if i'm gonna leave, I gotta make a dramatic exit!

View attachment 179458

See you guys soon, especially once the game is released!

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar:RAWR! (Later, Losers!)
:ultinkling:Woomy! (See ya on the flipside!)

:ultisabelle:(I-I hope we weren't too annoying!)
Goodbye pal! I hope that you enjoy Ultimate!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Or we could take a step back, acknowledge the possibility that he isn't a Spirit, and think of other reasons why he'd get in aside from, "Missing Spirit! Sylux confirmed!"
First option, please, I want to blame Sakurai for my own hyperactive imagination.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I’m not saying he’s confirmed as a ticket

It’s just suspicious that he’s not a spirit but the other hunters are

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I’m gonna ask again

Do we have a full boss list or any others reveal?

And no trolling answers allowed
- Master Hand
- Crazy hand
- Galleom
- Rathalos
- Dracula
- Marx
- Ganon
- Galeem
- Darz/Darx/whatever
- Galeem/Darz fused.

That's what we know, so expect that to be it unless proven otherwise.

Interesting enough, Isabelle only fights females in her classic mode. Not sure if this means anything but it's possible her boss is female and we just don't know who it is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
- Master Hand
- Crazy hand
- Galleom
- Rathalos
- Dracula
- Marx
- Ganon
- Galeem
- Darz/Darx/whatever
- Galeem/Darz fused.

That's what we know, so expect that to be it unless proven otherwise.

Interesting enough, Isabelle only fights females in her classic mode. Not sure if this means anything but it's possible her boss is female and we just don't know who it is.
Thank you that’s all I needed.

Still not confirmed if it’s final yet

So that ganon thing was a boss battle beginning and not final smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
All of the Spirits are now known
Interestingly enough, Piranha Plant isn't one of them
Glad King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard are in!

Disappointed there's no Mike Jones...I figured with so many Spirits, even the obscure Nintendo franchises would get SOMETHING. Now Star Tropics is the only Nintendo game on the Classic Editions with no representation in Smash.

Was also hoping for The Amazon from Pro Wrestling.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
DK and Metroid always had the same amount of newcomers in every other installment of the series
1 in SSB64
0 in SSBM
1 in SSBB
0 in SSB4

But the satisfying pattern is broken now and it makes my eye twitch every time I'm reminded of it
I really wish we had also got in Dixie Kong. She got a reference through a Mii hat, but I would think that having been planned for Brawl would mean she would eventually be revisited. Unfortunately, spirits seems to be deconfirmations (Piranha Plant does not have one despite there being 1,300 spirits in the game).

I am thrilled with the rest of the game's content, however, Dixie Kong would have just been the cherry, or if looking at Dixie's hair, the banana on top.

The only two other pieces of missing content I wish was in Ultimate was a track rip of Dark Samus's battle theme (from either Prime 2 or Prime 3) and a track rip or remix of Lower Norfair (track rip remixes could include Magmoor Caverns and that remix from Samus Returns). I also wish Mike Jones had a spirit, but I understand why he did not (a pair of retro games that was never released for the Famicom).

D

Deleted member

I only see him likely for the fact that Nintendo is hyping him up a lot to Metroid fans.

And considering that the director of the Metroid titles wants to work with Sylux a lot, he could use him as the main villain of Prime 4.

Him not having a spirit is just an extra detail, because the main idea is that he would be like Corrin if he joins the roster (and i liked Corrin’s gameplay, so i wouldn’t mind something like that again)ñ

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Can someone please confirm this? People keep saying this and no one has posted a source.
I don’t have a source, but I assume the user was watching the stream of the datamine and had this to say:
serious. "There's a separate roster for characters you unlock in your "party" for WoL and Cloud is the only one not included in it."

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
:glare:

This is different

Besides the moment Sakurai said why isabelle was not echo that made me realized shadow is not as likely as a thought “the personality partl is what got me
Nah... that can't be a reason why he didn't get in

The personality could've easily been translated into taunts and victory poses

Ken and Richter both have different personalities from the characters they are echoed from

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
At this point, why expect another Square character when they can’t even let FF get any decent content?

Also I saw no Minecraft Spirits...

****. I think Steve is actually getting in....

D

Deleted member

I don’t have a source, but I assume the user was watching the stream of the datamine and had this to say:
It's something. I appreciate the response even if it's not enough to sway me. A link to the stream would do it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Prime 4 has a release window according to Reggie meaning Prime 4 development's gone smoothly, and there's lots of people believing Nintendo would want to pick promotional picks for DLC

D

Deleted member

Yes:

Suareenix is evulz
Indeed, they are worse than EA.
They totally don’t have to deal with a lot of crap regarding the rights to some media like music or the design of certain characters, because they are just jerks.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, why expect another Square character when they can’t even let FF get any decent content?

Also I saw no Minecraft Spirits...

****. I think Steve is actually getting in....
Ryce from Resetera recently said that hasn't heard anything about Minecraft, and that he thinks Verge is wrong. He went on to say that if it were real, Verge probably wouldn't have heard about it as soon as he did.

Take that as you will.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Indeed, they are worse than EA.
They totally don’t have to deal with a lot of crap regarding the rights to some media like music or the design of certain characters, because they are just jerks.
It was a joke. It's stupid to act like companies have personalities and using this as a justification of their actions.

I would, we already have quite a bit of bosses all things considered. There's 11 right?
But it's not Enough(TM).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ryce from Resetera recently said that hasn't heard anything about Minecraft, and that he thinks Verge is wrong. He went on to say that if it were real, Verge probably wouldn't have heard about it as soon as he did.

Take that as you will.
Let’s see how that thing ends up.
I am open to both possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom