• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, on Spirits
>Hector
>Nino
All's well in the world
>No Joshua but L'Arachel is in
:^(
>Lyon is in tho
:'^)

>Shield Knight has a Spirit
YESSSSSSS

>Wonder-Red and Wonder-Blue are the only TW101 Spirits
B-but, you had all their trophies last game... why do you do this to me?

>Chikorita has a Spirit
>No Totodile Spirit
Game ****ing cancelled

Kid Icarus has this weird separation? At first I thought they legit didn't get Magnus a Spirit but his and some others are after the 3rd Parties for some reason

Nevermind a bunch of franchises are split
>They actually got Plague, King and Specter Knight Spirits
YOOOOOOOOO

>Detective Pikachu
Hell yeah, Ryan Reynolds confirmed

>1297 total Spirits
Hey quick question what the ****

>Linebeck Spirit
EVERYONE STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING THE BEST CHARACTER JAS BEEN CONFIRMED I'M AAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
https://pastebin.com/ZmAnrQJh

Woolly Yoshi was a pleasant surprise to me :yoshi:
Reminder I called the
Isaac Mii Costume

D

Deleted member

If spirits are deconfirms, then I’d say Sylux has a decent shot as a promotional DLC character.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
No Decidueye or Lycanroc spirits? Shame, guess Sakurai does't want good gen 7 Pokemon in any form.

Also, there's no spirit for Stahl (Fire Emblem Awakening).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But why would they?
Sylux is involved of Metroid prime 4 and is the last popular Metroid character left he wasn’t requested before because of Ridley and Dark Samus they are both out of the way

And crash he’s involved of Nintendo again and rayman is a spirit so why isn’t crash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sylux is involved of Metroid prime 4 and is the last popular Metroid character left he wasn’t requested before because of Ridley and Dark Samus they are both out of the way

And crash he’s involved of Nintendo again and rayman is a spirit so why isn’t crash.
Fair points.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted characters survived the Spirits, Assist Trophy and Mii costumes massacre.

I swear that i won’t need a new Smash game if the two get in somehow.

D

Deleted member

Sylux being out is just proof the Smash fanbase overhyped him as an important character when he really just isn't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sylux is perfect candidate for promoting Prime 4, although I admit they are taking a risk by including a character that even in his franchise is a mystery
Personally, I'd be kinda pissed to have Sylux right at this very point. We just recently got Ridley and Dark Samus, neither looked likely. I lowkey supported Sylux because I never thought either Ridley or Dark Samus would make it, neither Anthony Higgs, so that's why I thought Sylux would be cool. But now that BOTH Ridley and Dark Samus are here, I really don't see much reason to have a 3rd Metroid newcomer. It would literally be the Fire Emblem situation from Smash 4 all over again.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sylux being out is just proof the Smash fanbase overhyped him as an important character when he really just isn't.
Nah, he's a promotional character, which is great, since he panders to Metroid fans.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
This whole idea that a character didn't get a spirit so it must be a character is a bad mindset to have. It definitely gives them a step up, but we don't have many DLC characters. It's best not to assume for certain. Especially third parties.
The fact there isn't a Piranha Plant one could mean spirits deconfirm characters, but just because a character isn't a Spirit doesn't really increase their chances for DLC either.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted characters survived the Spirits, Assist Trophy and Mii costumes massacre.

I swear that i won’t need a new Smash game if the two get in somehow.
I wasn't so lucky... R.I.P Rayman. :cry:
BUT ZOE'S STILL OPEN ;)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So what was spoil over plight besides the spirit list and costume list

I heard the darz or whatever that bosses name design was shown what does that guy look like.

What other bosses are leaked?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I'll be very, very mad/dissaapointed if Metroid adds as many characters in one game as Kirby has total.

At least Marx is a boss. That may make him easier to mod in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, I really wouldn't call him "Important..."
He is a huge deal in two of the three Mother games, and he is considered one of the best Nintendo villains in general.

Besides, New Pork City being in makes the character have a presence without a Spirit.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
DK and Metroid always had the same amount of newcomers in every other installment of the series
1 in SSB64
0 in SSBM
1 in SSBB
0 in SSB4

But the satisfying pattern is broken now and it makes my eye twitch every time I'm reminded of it

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice

Nintendo and Ubisoft have a very good relationship though and Rayman was a trophy is Smash 4. It's not that weird to see him in a similar state again, especially since Rabbid characters are there too.

I don't think Activision has that same relationship. So I don't feel it means anything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I'd be kinda pissed to have Sylux right at this very point. We just recently got Ridley and Dark Samus, neither looked likely. I lowkey supported Sylux because I never thought either Ridley or Dark Samus would make it, neither Anthony Higgs, so that's why I thought Sylux would be cool. But now that BOTH Ridley and Dark Samus are here, I really don't see much reason to have a 3rd Metroid newcomer. It would literally be the Fire Emblem situation from Smash 4 all over again.
Wait until Metroid fans finish their thesis about why Corrin is bad and Sylux is good.

EDIT:
Okay, it's here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom