• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I agree

Oh reminder part of the reason sylux wasn’t as requested previously

It’s simply they were more focused on getting :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus: playable.
It will depend on Prime 4’s marketing to check the chances of Sylux getting it.

I am excited, because i only want him and Crash to never ask for a new Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Verge wasn't saying there is a SE rep for DLC, I would be mostly sure that we weren't getting any more SE content. Like WOW that is a pretty ****ty of SE to give so little of its content to Sakurai. Almost insulting really. Though if he was wrong on Minecraft could he be wrong here?
inb4 Steve joins Smash dressed up as Tifa
I want to see a trailer already.
Maybe Game Awards?
E3 2019

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Has anyone made a list of important first party characters that are not spirits yet? Important like the face of their series or close to that? Right now I just now Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven is missing.

View attachment 179520
Rhythm Girl isn't the only major Rhythm Heaven charterer to not have a Spirit...
Tibby's nowhere to be seen either

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I been missing, any new bosses found?
Marx and Ganon were found as new bosses, any more bosses? Rayquaza and Porky are returning?
Probably not. Former seems to only appear on a stage and latter doesn’t even have a spirit.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised if Spirits were separated into a few "essential ones" which the team had to include regardless and the "pick whoever you want" which everyone in the team just went adding their favorite characters and such.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I been missing, any new bosses found?
Marx and Ganon were found as new bosses, any more bosses? Rayquaza and Porky are returning?
I think an earlier post revealed all the bosses, none of them being found...yet at the least

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Piranha Plant was being developed all the way back in the first quarter of this year, then it's not really that strange for his Spirit to be absent. He was already a lock, he's so generic that his absence wouldn't be that unusual, and leaving out his Spirit would spare us the confusion later down the line.

I think we're gonna have to wait for someone a little more specific before we make any rash judgements about whether or not a Spirit deconfirms a character. If Sylux or Porky really did get in Smash (and not one of the thousands of missing third-parties), that would likely give us our answer.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Regardless, even if the only things we got were the 6 DLC characters (Which is enough in itself), the two things I'm super excited for a much more detailed ATs and 30 open character slots, which mean that modder can easily add new characters into the game if a dedicated team was for it.

ATs like Knuckles actually have like 25% of a full moveset already, have a full hit and hurtbox, can be KO'd, and can Air dodge (so far only a few have been shown to do this) lol, which means they may he much easier to implement in the long run. There's only a few like this, but off the top of my head:

- Knuckles
- Ghirahim
- Krystal
- Walugi
- Alucard
- Grey Fox
- Zero
- Shovel Knight
- Rodan
- Black Knight
- Spring Man
- Bomberman
- Takamaru

Actually a decent number. Actually super excited to see how people play with the games assets this time around, especially since the backing for it is 100x bigger than Smash 4.
I doubt we'll get another big mod like Project M, now that we have every veteran and Ridley. If Fox isn't high tier, maybe.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if Spirits were separated into a few "essential ones" which the team had to include regardless and the "pick whoever you want" which everyone in the team just went adding their favorite characters and such.
I would consider any character that's already appeared in a Smash game previously in any context to be "essential".

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
People eager to point out that Sylux and Porky being missing in the Spirits department is because they're not that important in the grand pantheon of Nintendo... that's really not the point. The point is that substantially less important characters from their respective home series are spirits, and that is weird. Their absence is unquestionably weird, in that context. You can't deny that. They're weird absences. Whether those absences signify anything, however? That's a completely different story. I really, sincerely doubt that they're going to be DLC, and anyone jumping to that conclusion immediately should probably check themselves. I'd put money on them just slipping through the cracks. I don't quite know how considering the depths of obscure Nintendo minutia the Spirits mode delves into - and trust me, there are exponentially more obscure characters than Sylux and Porky in this thing - but whatever, weirder things have happened. But to rebuke their absence with "oh, they're not THAT important lol" is 1) just kinda mean spirited and 2) completely missing the point.
Dude trace and kanden are spirits (Metroid prime hunters) I think they would have put in sylux as a spirit if this is the case

zferolie

Smash Hero
Huh, so Sylux is missing too? Interesting. That is a Key character for the next prime game... Same with Porky Missing as well.

So far thats 3 characters with no Spirits. Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven, Sylux from Prime, and Porky from the mother series... Any other noteworthy missings?

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm really damn excited for the Shovel Knight Spirits. I expected only SK himself but Shield Knight appearing and then the ****ing playable trio too was just perfect. Really excited to see how their Spirit Battles will play out, though I'm sure Specter Knight's will be on Dracula's Castle lol

EDIT:
I would consider any character that's already appeared in a Smash game previously in any context to be "essential".
Joshua was a sticker in Brawl. Where is he, Sakurai? WHERE IS HE!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Wait, so Porky is neither a spirit nor a boss?
That's... sad, I expect him to be at least a boss or something, specially since he has been making cameos since melee and have his own stage.

He has to be in the game in some way or another, maybe Ninten is a DLC and comes with a stage of "Devil's Machine" and Porky is a stage hazard of that stage.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Huh, so Sylux is missing too? Interesting. That is a Key character for the next prime game... Same with Porky Missing as well.

So far thats 3 characters with no Spirits. Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven, Sylux from Prime, and Porky from the mother series... Any other noteworthy missings?
Adeleine was also mentioned to be MIA a few pages back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait, so Porky is neither a spirit nor a boss?
That's... sad, I expect him to be at least a boss or something, specially since he has been making cameos since melee and have his own stage.

He has to be in the game in some way or another, maybe Ninten is a DLC and comes with a stage of "Devil's Machine" and Porky is a stage hazard of that stage.
Hold your horses my man

We still don’t have the full list of bosses yet

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Giygas isnt a spirit.
I feel like that's either because his sprite is super wonky (he doesn't have an actual sprite, he's actually a background), or because it'd be incredibly difficult to make a Spirit battle that represents him.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
spirit list is incomplete as well as costume list it appears

also they say they didn't discover every bosses

the two final fantasy songs arent in the google doc

Game files are corrupted and can't be played

etc

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I doubt we'll get another big mod like Project M, now that we have every veteran and Ridley. If Fox isn't high tier, maybe.
I agree, just wishful thinking since it'd be much easier to bring new characters due to AT's. We'll see.
Has anyone made a list of important first party characters that are not spirits yet? Important like the face of their series or close to that? Right now I just now Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven is missing.

View attachment 179520

From what I can see, depending on what you call "important", there are 2 that we have been talking about. Note that I don't think obscurity plays a role here because even more obscure characters from these series are in yet these aren't:

- Porky: The mother series mos prominent villain. Other super obscure characters are there, but they forgot to add Porky? Odd.
- Sylux: Every other hunter is there, except Sylux.

Thats kind of it at the moment. It is kind of funny that these 3 characters specifically missing out of a 1000 plus spirits, when Porky is the most notable mother villain, Rhythm Girl is the face of RH, and Sylux being the leader of the hunters, yet all 3 series have more obscure spirits.

It could mean something, it probably means nothing, but its something to keep note of since Nintendo is making DLC and we honestly don't know if 3rd parties are going to be a huge push this time (we only have rumors, and allegedly Minecraft/Microsoft isn't even panning out).

beans

Smash Lord
I feel like that's either because his sprite is super wonky (he doesn't have an actual sprite, he's actually a background), or because it'd be incredibly difficult to make a Spirit battle that represents him.
Wouldnt the OG one suffice? From the original Mother on the Famicom

zferolie

Smash Hero
A character on the style of Nikki’s assist trophy would be dope.
Yeah, and Ribbon can assist in her movement like in Kirby star allies.

So right now our list of important MIA's is thus:

Rhythm Girl and Tibby from Rhythm Heaven
Sylux from Metroid prime
Adeleine From Kirby
Porky from Mother(could Possibly be a boss still)

ANyone else People are noticing? Anything from Other series not repped yet?

Also, there are rumors of a new Golden Sun game coming soon too... with Isaac also a mii costume, could maybe a glden sun rep be this new lead?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai is the person who makes Smash.
He's the only person on the team, according to the fanbase.
But Masahiro Sakurai is three people; the man who created Kirby, the man who does the directs, and Sakurai's desk. There are at least 3 people on the team.

D

Deleted member

I agree, just wishful thinking since it'd be much easier to bring new characters due to AT's. We'll see.

From what I can see, depending on what you call "important", there are 2 that we have been talking about. Note that I don't think obscurity plays a role here because even more obscure characters from these series are in yet these aren't:

- Porky: The mother series mos prominent villain. Other super obscure characters are there, but they forgot to add Porky? Odd.
- Sylux: Every other hunter is there, except Sylux.

Thats kind of it at the moment. It is kind of funny that these 3 characters specifically missing out of a 1000 plus spirits, when Porky is the most notable mother villain, Rhythm Girl is the face of RH, and Sylux being the leader of the hunters, yet all 3 series have more obscure spirits.

It could mean something, it probably means nothing, but its something to keep note of since Nintendo is making DLC and we honestly don't know if 3rd parties are going to be a huge push this time (we only have rumors, and allegedly Minecraft/Microsoft isn't even panning out).
You forgot that Sylux is being hyped by Nintendo itself as a huge deal for the Metroid franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's still a possibility that Porky might be a boss, so: Does any boss we know have Spirits?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not to be a downer, but if we end up getting another Metroid rep, I’m going to be REALLY annoyed.

I’m glad that Metroid is finally getting the representation it deserves (in terms of characters).

But if we somehow get a 5th Metroid rep while series like Kirby still only have 3, I’m gonna be very unhappy.

You don’t have to agree with me, but that’s my opinion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom