• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not to be a downer, but if we end up getting another Metroid rep, I’m going to be REALLY annoyed.

I’m glad that Metroid is finally getting the representation it deserves (in terms of characters).

But if we somehow get a 5th Metroid rep while series like Kirby still only have 3, I’m gonna be very unhappy.

You don’t have to agree with me, but that’s my opinion on the matter.
Fair enough.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Spirit things huh?
I'm at least interested that much of the KI cast, especially Phosphora and Medusa (I think Medusa has 2 of em?), have spirits. Of course that doesn't mean Medusa herself is deconfirmed as DLC just yet, though based on the other information that was found, or at least that I know of, she may not be a choice.
Despite that, well, at least I can have an all-KI spirit team on Pit in a way. Honorable mention to Young Samus being a spirit too. I hope they're good spirits.

D

Deleted member

There's still a possibility that Porky might be a boss, so: Does any boss we know have Spirits?
All of them.

Dracula, Ganon, Marx, Tabuu, the Hands, Galeem, Galleom, Rathalos, even DUON has a spirit.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Spirit things huh?
I'm at least interested that much of the KI cast, especially Phosphora and Medusa (I think Medusa has 2 of em?), have spirits. Of course that doesn't mean Medusa herself is deconfirmed as DLC just yet, though based on the other information that was found, or at least that I know of, she may not be a choice.
Despite that, well, at least I can have an all-KI spirit team on Pit in a way. Honorable mention to Young Samus being a spirit too. I hope they're good spirits.
Spirits are basically deconfirmations at this point

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So right now our list of important MIA's is thus:

Rhythm Girl and Tibby from Rhythm Heaven
Sylux from Metroid prime
Adeleine From Kirby
Porky from Mother(could Possibly be a boss still)

ANyone else People are noticing? Anything from Other series not repped yet?
Like I mentioned earlier, it's weird that there isn't any Star Tropics spirit. It's a Nintendo franchise with more than one game, and it was even on the NES Classic Edition.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Not to be a downer, but if we end up getting another Metroid rep, I’m going to be REALLY annoyed.

I’m glad that Metroid is finally getting the representation it deserves (in terms of characters).

But if we somehow get a 5th Metroid rep while series like Kirby still only have 3, I’m gonna be very unhappy.

I would be shocked if Metroid of all things get the same treatment FE got last time.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I agree, just wishful thinking since it'd be much easier to bring new characters due to AT's. We'll see.

From what I can see, depending on what you call "important", there are 2 that we have been talking about. Note that I don't think obscurity plays a role here because even more obscure characters from these series are in yet these aren't:

- Porky: The mother series mos prominent villain. Other super obscure characters are there, but they forgot to add Porky? Odd.
- Sylux: Every other hunter is there, except Sylux.

Thats kind of it at the moment. It is kind of funny that these 3 characters specifically missing out of a 1000 plus spirits, when Porky is the most notable mother villain, Rhythm Girl is the face of RH, and Sylux being the leader of the hunters, yet all 3 series have more obscure spirits.

It could mean something, it probably means nothing, but its something to keep note of since Nintendo is making DLC and we honestly don't know if 3rd parties are going to be a huge push this time (we only have rumors, and allegedly Minecraft/Microsoft isn't even panning out).
Yeah. The fact that more obscure characters are spirits before these 3 are interesting for sure. No minecraft content, possibly no SE content if SE was so stingy and put nothing else in the base game, is starting to make me think that there will be no or little third party Reps i

True but doesn’t mean he isn’t a boss though

And rayquaza safe then since he’s a spirit

Adeleine could be DLC if the no spirit thing means you could be DLC.

Spirit things huh?
Man I really want Medusa too... And Shantae. And Reimu. And others. Medusa is the 1 villain I really want though as Playable. If she was a fun boss though I wouldn't mind

Like I mentioned earlier, it's weird that there isn't any Star Tropics spirit. It's a Nintendo franchise with more than one game, and it was even on the NES Classic Edition.
Missed your comment my bad. Interesting. Could that be our retro rep then? Mike Jones as Playble?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Dude trace and kanden are spirits (Metroid prime hunters) I think they would have put in sylux as a spirit if this is the case
One key thing a lot of people are overlooking is that most spirits have event matches tied to them. These event matches take a fighter that's already on the roster that can fill in for that spirit character, and usually use a palette swap that helps solidify the connection.

To that extent, Dark Samus has a black and yellow alt that superficially resembles Kanden, and Ridley's red alt might make for a good Trace. Neither Samus or Dark Samus have a green and purple alt, or anything that looks much like Sylux, for that matter.

If the question is why did these lesser characters get a spirit but not this bigger character, that might be the answer right there.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Porky would be one of the coolest additions to smash, as a unique heavy. Plus, mother is the only notable franchise, save for F-zero, missing a playable villain in the game (if you count villains for Yoshi and Luigi to be Bowser/Bowser Jr. and not Kamek/King Boo). The fact that Gigyas is also missing is whats super weird. Not only did they leave out Porky, they left out the one entity that is tied to him, and I could see Gigyas being his FS if he ever made it into smash.

Just a super cool though, even if unlikely.

D

Deleted member

I started typing an answer but then I remembered I'm not Sakurai. and this is probably a joke
I’m not joking. I cried when Duon was discovered to not be a boss. I am literally the biggest Duon fan in existence. Why does Sakurai torment me?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Alright, since I am a Porky person, this is my moment of glory, I will try to look why he could be a DLC (Even if he's not gonna be):
It seems Nintendo is the one that is choosing the DLC characters, maybe they had plans to FINALLY Localize Mother 3 and decided to do a double announcement (Like Isabelle reveal and a new Animal Crossing), so they either will release the whole mother trilogy as a switch game, a remake of mother 3 for the 3Ds, or something like that, and since a lot of actual Earthbound fans first hear of earthbound thanks to smash, a lot of earthbound fans are smash fans, so that will be a way to hype it.
Smash fans asked for more villains and they have been giving villains for this smash, Porky is the main antagonist of Mother 3 and he has been doing cameos in smash for 3 games, and his whole stage is in the game, if he, at the end, is neither a spirit or a boss, he mostly will be a DLC.
Also, they already sold a Mother DLC (Lucas), so they know how well or how bad it sold, if Lucas did it well they may try it again with a different mother character.

D

Deleted member

I found that Putt-Putt wasn't on the list of Spirits, so it seems like he's going to be a DLC fighter.

zferolie

Smash Hero
it won't happen
it's one of those thing you'll just have to ignore to have an actual conversation
then what are we allowed to talk about here, or wise leader? Right now EVERYTHING is speculation. Being a spirit could mean you are still DLC. The DLC could all be tird party. WE HAVE NO IDEA RIGHT NOW, so everything is on the cards.

I myself want spirits not to deconfirm wave 1 DLC, as Shantae is my top pick

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
ALRIGHT!
:skull: I’ve got a BONE to pick with the Dev team:skull:

If the list of spirits I saw is complete and if there really is no Magnus spirit..... That means they took out his assist, no Mii costume, no spirit (that’s like taking out his trophy)! They are really getting my hopes up and I don’t want that! It’s freaking me out man, I’m thinking Magnus is gonna be DLC and that scares me! Hopefully someone proves me wrong so I don’t have to feel like this cus I’m getting anxious

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
To be fair, Star Tropics isn't that well known in Japan...
It was made specifically for the western market...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ALRIGHT!
:skull: I’ve got a BONE to pick with the Dev team:skull:

If the list of spirits I saw is complete and if there really is no Magnus spirit..... That means they took out his assist, no Mii costume, no spirit (that’s like taking out his trophy)! They are really getting my hopes up and I don’t want that! It’s freaking me out man, I’m thinking Magnus is gonna be DLC and that scares me! Hopefully someone proves me wrong so I don’t have to feel like this cus I’m getting anxious
Magnus is a spirit. Know the power of the control+f.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Plus, mother is the only notable franchise, save for F-zero, missing a playable villain in the game (if you count villains for Yoshi and Luigi to be Bowser/Bowser Jr. and not Kamek/King Boo).
Don't want to make a media-only post, but:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Don't want to make a media-only post, but:

Pits, ****, and critical hits (and some change)

As far as I care, they're all villains

EDIT: this is funnier to me knowing **** is censored

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
People like to skip KI a lot for needing new reps. I think Medusa should have been added this game, and hope she still does.
I don't think neither Kid Icarus or Mother needs new fighters. Would be cool, but they are pretty small franchises.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The reason I can tell that the Spirits list may br incomplete is that I can't seem to find any Style Savvy spirits. Evie was a trophy last game and she's not there, nothing came up for Grace or Sophie, and "Stylist" wasn't turning anything up either. Of course I could just be unaware of what name they gave the stylist on the Pastebin but she was one of the first example spirits in the direct when they showed all the glowing balls of light so, hmm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom