• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I love how Shantae has 2 Spirits, Herself and Risky boots. Thats super cool. I hope she still gets in as DLC though.

However, I did notice RHythmn girl from Rhythmn heaven doesn't have a spirit... that seems quite odd. She seems to be the face of the Rhythmn heaven series, but isn't one of the spirits... Add to the fact that Piranha Plant also isn't a spirit... could this mean that being a spirit does deconfirm you as DLC(at least for the first wave?

Any other noticable first party characters missing as spirits?

Also, no word on Boss Medusa yet huh? I would think Isabelle and the KI characters would fight her as their boss. Also, I guess those Minecraft boss I heard some people saying is wrong?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And so. We went through the Whole spirit list.

Shovel knight get multiple Spirits for like Plague Knight
Shantae have her and Risky boots
SE spirits are Cloud/Cloud-AC/Geno/Mallow
NOT A SINGLE ONE PIRANHA PLANT AT ALL WHEN BASICALLY EVERY MARIO STUFF IS IN
Pac-man have 4 spirit too.
Octoling are Spirits

He's now going through Mii Costume

All SE costume are gone.
Geno lost his Mii Costume
No Chocobo hat either
ISAAC GOT A MII COSTUME
What about Viridi’s Mii Costume? Did that return? Also, good for Shantae
All of the Spirits are now known
Interestingly enough, Piranha Plant isn't one of them
only thing of Magnus left
SE gave us a total of 4 spirits, 2 songs, 1 stage, 1 character, no assist trophies/mii costumes. No Cloud on WoL is just the cherry on top.
Ha Ha Ha

Cloud, the least represented playable 3rd party in Smash history

D

Deleted member

It was a joke. It's stupid to act like companies have personalities and using this as a justification of their actions.
I was joking too.

I know when you are using sarcasm.

Ha Ha Ha

I think that the Viridi one is back too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Porky is an important character and he doesn’t have a spirit.
Neither do a lot of other characters. Spirits choices are really weird, Chikorita is in but neither Cyndaquil or Totodile are; L'Arachel is the only SS Spirit outside of the Twins and Lyon; Shovel Knight has its playable characters and Shield Knight but Black Knight and The Enchantress are absent; literally nothing from Square besides Cloud and the Mario RPG characters; etc.
I’d agree but other Metroid Prime Hunters characters are spirits while he isn’t.
Refer to the above
Sylux appeared in three games, while the other villains from Hunters haven’t appeared outside that game.
He literally appeared in only one game lol

D

Deleted member

I would, we already have quite a bit of bosses all things considered. There's 11 right?
Yep. There might be a few more because the bosses seem to be listed through their stages which is why Giga Bowser and the Hands aren’t there, but 11 are for sure in.

D

Deleted member

Neither do a lot of other characters. Spirits choices are really weird, Chikorita is in but neither Cyndaquil or Totodile are; L'Arachel is the only SS Spirit outside of the Twins and Lyon; Shovel Knight has its playable characters and Shield Knight but Black Knight and The Enchantress are absent; literally nothing from Square besides Cloud and the Mario RPG characters; etc.

Refer to the above

He got cameos in Prime 3 and Federation Force.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Refer to the above

Actually their ship appeared in Prime 3's 100% completion ending and in Fed Force

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ryce from Resetera recently said that hasn't heard anything about Minecraft, and that he thinks Verge is wrong. He went on to say that if it were real, Verge probably wouldn't have heard about it as soon as he did.

Take that as you will.
Hmm. Interesting. Could Minecraft have been bait?

Ha Ha Ha

If Verge wasn't saying there is a SE rep for DLC, I would be mostly sure that we weren't getting any more SE content. Like WOW that is a pretty ****ty of SE to give so little of its content to Sakurai. Almost insulting really. Though if he was wrong on Minecraft could he be wrong here?

D

Deleted member

If I'm gonna have to deal with "X isn't a Spirit, they're confirmed as DLC!" for God knows how long then I'm gonna shout that Joshua and Totodile are con****ingfirmed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes:

Suareenix is evulz
and people want to say Sega is evil, when atleast they give us lots of things...not like Capcom or Konami but still lots of stuff. Sorry Namco, but you get to only make the game, have Pac-Man return, the ghosts as ATs, Galaga strike back, tons of Namco songs, and overall be in the same place as Sega (who runs the 3rd party *****es), as a respected company who will forever have a place to Smash...totally evil companies m8

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Ryce from Resetera recently said that hasn't heard anything about Minecraft, and that he thinks Verge is wrong. He went on to say that if it were real, Verge probably wouldn't have heard about it as soon as he did.

Take that as you will.
I saw that name being thrown around. Who is Ryce and what makes him trustworthy?

zferolie

Smash Hero
So are spirits definitely deconfirmations now?
We really just don't know... No piranha plant though may point that way.

Also, I think if spirits are deconfirmed DLC it would only be for wave 1. There is no doubt we are getting more then 1 wave, and perhaps in wave 2 or 3 Spirits will be taken as choices.

D

Deleted member

If I'm gonna have to deal with "X isn't a Spirit, they're confirmed as DLC!" for God knows how long then I'm gonna shout that Joshua and Totodile are con****ingfirmed
We live in a timeline where Anthony Higgs and Ardainian Soldier are as good as confirmed. Seems like a good timeline to me.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
i don't see a kumatora spirit either.

kinda weird because she appears in Lucas's FS and all the other support characters from him and Ness do have spirits.

So yeah, 2 important Mother characters missing could easily just dismiss the entire speculation about potential DLC all together, make us hope for 2 new Mother reps (highly unlikely) or everything inbetween...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Prime 4 has a release window according to Reggie meaning Prime 4 development's gone smoothly, and there's lots of people believing Nintendo would want to pick promotional picks for DLC
And that's a legitimate reason to believe he could get in. Nothing wrong with using that as the basis of your argument for Sylux. I just wouldn't advise looking into the missing Spirit. If we looked long enough, I'm sure we could find plenty of "mysteriously absent" characters.

Let's wait until we get a trailer for MP4. If we get a better idea of how involved Sylux will be with the story, maybe we can get a better understanding of how likely he is.

D

Deleted member

And that's a legitimate reason to believe he could get in. Nothing wrong with using that as the basis of your argument for Sylux. I just wouldn't advise looking into the missing Spirit. If we looked long enough, I'm sure we could find plenty of "mysteriously absent" characters.

Let's wait until we get a trailer for MP4. If we get a better idea of how involved Sylux will be with the story, maybe we can get a better understanding of how likely he is.
I want to see a trailer already.
Maybe Game Awards?

And yes, i agree that it would clarify more stuff about Sylux’s chances.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
i don't see a kumatora spirit either.

kinda weird because she appears in Lucas's FS and all the other support characters from him and Ness do have spirits.

So yeah, 2 important Mother characters missing could easily just dismiss the entire speculation about potential DLC all together, make us hope for 2 new Mother reps (highly unlikely) or everything inbetween...
She is a spirit.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Regardless, even if the only things we got were the 6 DLC characters (Which is enough in itself), the two things I'm super excited for a much more detailed ATs and 30 open character slots, which mean that modder can easily add new characters into the game if a dedicated team was for it.

ATs like Knuckles actually have like 25% of a full moveset already, have a full hit and hurtbox, can be KO'd, and can Air dodge (so far only a few have been shown to do this) lol, which means they may he much easier to implement in the long run. There's only a few like this, but off the top of my head:

- Knuckles
- Ghirahim
- Krystal
- Walugi
- Alucard
- Grey Fox
- Zero
- Shovel Knight
- Rodan
- Black Knight
- Spring Man
- Bomberman
- Takamaru

Actually a decent number. Actually super excited to see how people play with the games assets this time around, especially since the backing for it is 100x bigger than Smash 4.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
The ship in Prime 3's 100% ending is confirmed to be his, and the stinger cutscene at the end of Federation Force was from his perspective as he stole a Metroid hatchling.

That said, he's only had one substantial appearance. But he's been in two pretty blatant teasers for the future.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Has anyone made a list of important first party characters that are not spirits yet? Important like the face of their series or close to that? Right now I just now Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven is missing.

Rhythm Girl.jpg

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
We really just don't know... No piranha plant though may point that way.

Also, I think if spirits are deconfirmed DLC it would only be for wave 1. There is no doubt we are getting more then 1 wave, and perhaps in wave 2 or 3 Spirits will be taken as choices.
I hope they do more than one wave of DLC but I don't know if they will do more than 2 waves because of how Smash 4 didn't get 10 charcters so to already have 6 (1 less than smash 4) I just don't know if they will make more than 10 new DLC fighters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I agree

Oh reminder part of the reason sylux wasn’t as requested previously

It’s simply they were more focused on getting :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus: playable.

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice
People eager to point out that Sylux and Porky being missing in the Spirits department is because they're not that important in the grand pantheon of Nintendo... that's really not the point. The point is that substantially less important characters from their respective home series are spirits, and that is weird. Their absence is unquestionably weird, in that context. You can't deny that. They're weird absences. Whether those absences signify anything, however? That's a completely different story. I really, sincerely doubt that they're going to be DLC, and anyone jumping to that conclusion immediately should probably check themselves. I'd put money on them just slipping through the cracks. I don't quite know how considering the depths of obscure Nintendo minutia the Spirits mode delves into - and trust me, there are exponentially more obscure characters than Sylux and Porky in this thing - but whatever, weirder things have happened. But to rebuke their absence with "oh, they're not THAT important lol" is 1) just kinda mean spirited and 2) completely missing the point.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I also find it really weird that there appears to be no Porky Spirit. I assume that means is boss fight didn't return since every other boss from Brawl has a Spirit.
Giygas isnt a spirit.
And that's BS too!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I hope they do more than one wave of DLC but I don't know if they will do more than 2 waves because of how Smash 4 didn't get 10 charcters so to already have 6 (1 less than smash 4) I just don't know if they will make more than 10 new DLC fighters
it depends on how long they plan to support the game and how long till the next system. At least I see a total of 2 waves for 10 characters. at most 3 for 15.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I been missing, any new bosses found?
Marx and Ganon were found as new bosses, any more bosses? Rayquaza and Porky are returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom