• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I think square is pushing for package of characters (like they've done elsewhere). Of that package, Cloud has to be base game because 'everyone returns'. Everything else will probably be a dlc pack.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna take Spirits as deconfirms, just to be safe

though I will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out they aren't

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh my god, in the Spirits...

The Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents, AND Elite Beat Divas got in! I'm so happy. They'll never be an assist trophy but they're right there, in a Smash game! This is great!

Also unless I'm blind I couldn't find any Style Savvy spirits, which is weird considering the first Stylist was shown in the Smash direct. Couldn't find any for Evie, who was a trophy last game, nor "Stylist", Grace, or Sophie. Maybe I'm not looking under the right names?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Their towards the bottom of the list alongside other characters from newer Nintendo games.
I can't see them, weird.

I even Ctrl F'd Generals, Star, Allies, Sisters, Magic, The and still nope lol.

Maybe they have a weird name, or maybe I need glasses...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Adeleine not being a spirit saddens me.
Or does it?

Hard to see her as a Nintendo choice, but as a Sakurai choice it would have made sense considering he created her and all.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to believe that's what really happened behind the scenes, but something just doesn't sit right with me.

Compare Bayonetta which got a TON of stuff in Smash 4, or even Street Fighter which got a Ken trophy.

FF got nothing. No Sephiroth, no Chocobo, no Tifa.... Not a single damn trophy.
So....just a thought. Why are we automatically assuming that more content on our end is an entirely positive thing on the developer's end? That getting more stuff is out of the goodness of the companies hearts rather than a marketing tactic?

Think of it this way. Sakurai has expressed how hard trophies have been. Now apply that knowledge to character talks. Would he then consider having to make a bunch of extra side things like trophies for them a net positive? Wouldn't it be more likely that the companies themselves are proposing this extra content and not Sakurai's team, even being possible that they are things the companies are putting as requirements for getting the rights in the first place?

Beyond even that as of right now according to our most relevant leakers Square is a company they were in talks with still during the game's production for what we assume is DLC, something that to our knowledge was not the case for the others here(sans possibly Capcom with MH, though the MH team for Capcom is apparently super strict). It could be that rights for things past the content from 4 returning was part of those talks as well but the talks themselves went on too long to get them rolling in the base game.

Im not saying SE couldn't be the issue here but "SE being a meanie poop head" seems a bit too...knee jerk and simple of a reaction to me to make complete sense. There's not really any real reason why SE would demand their character to not be in the story mode for example. The justification for that ends up just a complete circle where they did it because they are greedy and they are greedy because they did it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or does it?

Hard to see her as a Nintendo choice, but as a Sakurai choice it would have made sense considering he created her and all.
This is like saying Magnus makes sense as a playable character because Sakurai created him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No Porky Spirit is a bit of a bummer, even in the event that Spirits do deconfirm characters (which I don't believe) there's just no way that Nintendo would pick a Mother character for DLC, so at least let him have a Spirit.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Or does it?

Actually, she was created by the director of Dream Land 2, 3, and 64. I believe Sakurai has a hand in the games as well but can't really be considered the sole creator.

A very unusual pick, but as a gigantic Kirby 64 fan anything that takes me one step closer to recreating the 64 squad makes me happy.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Alright, with King Boo being a spirit, my new DLC predictions are now:

-Steve
-Edelgard
-Monster Hunter
-Pokemon gen 8
-Slime

D

Deleted member

I want K.Rool in Mario Tennis Aces.

Also, not a Sylux spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Akari's name is misspelled on the spirit list dump. That's kinda funny. I'm betting Ryota represents Wave Race and Akari represents 1080 Avalanche.

I seem to be unreasonably excited about these darn jpegs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sylux is still likely for DLC.
He doesn’t have a Spirit.

I am dodging bullets with my two most wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom