• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I remember Rare Limited being listed as composer for most of the DK tracks in Sm4sh, so my bets are that it's just for music credit. I hope I'm proven wrong though :p
I can't find them listed anywhere in Smash 4's copyrights though, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Would be odd though, considering Rare owns nothing related to DK anymore.
I'd guess that's for K. Rool (and Diddy?) if nothing else.
Nintendo owns K. Rool, and they would've had to list Rare in their copyrights since Brawl if the latter still owned Diddy.
Like I said, could be nothing, and like Krewmate said it could also be music credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Do we have a list of all the Mii costumes? I was really hoping Rhythm Heaven at least got one of those lol

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm going to sleep. Mention me if anything major regarding Sora, the SE rep, or third parties in general leaks.

Goodnight all!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, they do.
Chun-li even have two.
That’s all I needed to know, thank you.

Safe to say that they’re disconfirmed for DLC at this point. Oh well, I got more than I expected anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Right, which is where my qualms lie on.

Why would Sakurai go through so many hoops and lengths only to gain two MIDI tracks that [probably won't sound good? It's known that Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy's license is lucratively expensive to use, so add in Sugiyama and how much power he has over the franchise to where he has actual music labels under his whim, I just can't see it happening.
I guess we just don't know all the details or how expensive these rights are. The fact that FF still has only 2 tracks seems to suggest they're okay with some franchises having terrible music offerings though.

Calane

Smash Ace
MagnificentSpecificErmine-size_restricted.gif
I honestly feel like this when checking up on this thread sometimes.

I see people are disrespecting DQ. Look, I can understand if you're not personally into the series, but there's no reason to be a jerk about it. Dragon Quest is one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time, and a lot of games that you guys love probably wouldn't exist had DQ never happened. It may not have become super huge in the west (as of yet), but that doesn't mean that its importance should be understated. Its legacy alone makes the series more than deserving enough to stand alongside some of the world's most legendary franchises in the biggest gaming crossover of all time.

It would be a dream come true for me to see Dragon Quest in Smash.

I can understand people wanting their favorite characters instead, but you don't see me hating on Sora or Geno because I'd rather have Erdrick instead.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All right lads. I've been following along with this thread and I only just caught up because I fell asleep for two hours and dreamed that they added licensed music to Brawl and they were bringing it back for Ultimate. The only tracks I remember were It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys which played on Onett and Bring Me To Life by Evanescence and it played on both Great Bay and Reset Bomb Forest for some reason.

Now I'm seeing all these leaked spirits and cameos and such, and I cannot wait for them. But I gotta ask...

where's the wave race spirits man someone @ me if they turn up

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
That’s all I needed to know, thank you.

Safe to say that they’re disconfirmed for DLC at this point. Oh well, I got more than I expected anyway.
And what makes you say that? Spirits hardly deconfirm anyone, especially since that would make this dlc speculation really boring. Besides Chun-Li has a pretty okay chance for dlc right now (unless of course Minecraft Steve is confirmed, it only goes downhill from there).

owjies

Smash Journeyman
But not all mii costumes got cut completely is what I’m saying. Just strange compared to other costumes be it third party or not, they’re not shown in some way or another.
I'm guessing Nintendo didn't want to pay whatever the cost was to re-license the 3rd party Mii Costumes. Selling them as DLC in Smash 4 probably offset that cost a bit, so including them in base would take a bite out of the profits. There's little to no issue in that regard with 1st party characters. That's why we're seeing Spring Man, Dixie, etc. I still think a Namco rep is likely for DLC, though, so Lloyd's still got a decent shot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, like many others, I'm gonna dip out of this thread until the game launches. I'll stick around the individual character forums as more information comes out, but I'd rather not know everything about the game before I turn it on.

It's been real, Noipoi Noipoi osby osby TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing Opossum Opossum Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Luigi The President Luigi The President Luigifan18 Luigifan18 Gothitelle Gothitelle @Tougon CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica KMDP KMDP Idon Idon NineS NineS SvartWolf SvartWolf Flyboy Flyboy Mc.Rad Mc.Rad praline praline and @anyoneelseicantthinkofrightnow.

Jill for DLC.
Woah, you almost got spoiled!
That was too close; you were almost a Jill sandwich!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, like many others, I'm gonna dip out of this thread until the game launches. I'll stick around the individual character forums as more information comes out, but I'd rather not know everything about the game before I turn it on.

It's been real, Noipoi Noipoi osby osby TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing Opossum Opossum Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Luigi The President Luigi The President Luigifan18 Luigifan18 Gothitelle Gothitelle @Tougon CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica KMDP KMDP Idon Idon NineS NineS SvartWolf SvartWolf Flyboy Flyboy Mc.Rad Mc.Rad praline praline and @anyoneelseicantthinkofrightnow.

Jill for DLC.
See ya, as the ambassador of "anyoneelseicantthinkofrightnow, USA" :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm guessing Nintendo didn't want to pay whatever the cost was to re-license the 3rd party Mii Costumes. Selling them as DLC in Smash 4 probably offset that cost a bit, so including them in base would take a bite out of the profits. There's little to no issue in that regard with 1st party characters. That's why we're seeing Spring Man, Dixie, etc. I still think a Namco rep is likely for DLC, though, so Lloyd's still got a decent shot.
Wait, Dixie Kong has a Mii costume?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh ALSO

I'm so sad the MegaMan.EXE costume was removed...but hey, he used to only be in Mega's final Smash and at least he's still in that! And he's still a Spirit! Good enough for me. Lloyd and Heihachi are still possibilities for DLC, which is exciting. LOVE that there's an Isaac one. At least it's something.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Woah, you almost got spoiled!
That was too close; you were almost a Jill sandwich!
You know what's hilarious?

I got that cancelled port of RE1 on the Gameboy Color and got to that part of the game... and they skip that line altogether because they couldnt animate it! Barry just breaks the door down because it's locked and then vanishes. No falling ceiling.

That port is terrible and hilarious. Every RE fan should experience it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Man, no one has released Hard Man, Snake Man, Bomb Man, Central Highway and Flash in the dark yet T^T
This Mega fan needs moar..

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Cutting the third party mii costumes is incredibly strange to me because it's a blanket removal. Remove Geno and Chocobo? Alright, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. But remove the Capcom and Sega ones despite the amount of other content from those IPs? That's gonna be a hmmm from me, dawg.

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
I can't find them listed anywhere in Smash 4's copyrights though, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Would be odd though, considering Rare owns nothing related to DK anymore.

Nintendo owns K. Rool, and they would've had to list Rare in their copyrights since Brawl if the latter still owned Diddy.
Like I said, could be nothing, and like Krewmate said it could also be music credit.
They're only referenced in name and not with an official copyright (I'm guessing out of courtesy on Nintendo's behalf). IMO it all really depends on where the dataminer found the text referencing Rare's name - if it's paired with the big boys (Capcom, Square, SEGA, etc), then there's a good chance there's definitely some bigger Rare content in the game.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
More spoilers from the stream, specifically dialogue that shows up in a certain WOL cutscene:

With Galeem, the Lord of Light defeated, darkness takes hold.

In the blink of an eye, the land is swallowed by darkness.

Galeem's spirits and puppets fall under its control.

The embodiment of chaos and darkness.

Dharkon.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Cutting the third party mii costumes is incredibly strange to me because it's a blanket removal. Remove Geno and Chocobo? Alright, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. But remove the Capcom and Sega ones despite the amount of other content from those IPs? That's gonna be a hmmm from me, dawg.
Yeah that's the bizarre thing. MegaMan.EXE and Protoman are in the game already and cutting Monster Hunter stuff despite Rathalos being in makes absolutely no sense unless they're putting her in the game proper. Big weird.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
More spoilers from the stream, specifically dialogue that shows up in a certain WOL cutscene:

Dharkon.
So this Dharkon is the embodiment of edginess?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

Dharkon.
All of that sounds hype

owjies

Smash Journeyman
There are literally so many options, so why Lloyd?
Well, that's why I said he has a decent shot. You're right, there are a ton of great picks out of Namco. I'd love to see Nightmare, Yoshimitsu, or anyone from Soul Calibur, myself. I will say that Sakurai mentioned Lloyd as the most likely pick from Tales, though, so we'll have to wait and see.

Wait, Dixie Kong has a Mii costume?
Yeah, pretty sure her costume was mentioned a few pages back as part of the datamine stream.

Shroob

Sup?

Dharkon.
I'm gonna be straight with ya.

As much as I like the WoL campaign... Oh god the story from what I've seen is terrible, lol.

I know story wasn't a focus AT ALL, but this is fanfiction.net levels of writing.

Aixy

Smash Rookie
Cloud is apparently the only character you cannot unlock in WoL.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Why keep them when you can cut and resell them as DLC?

/s i hope

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm gonna be straight with ya.

As much as I like the WoL campaign... Oh god the story from what I've seen is terrible, lol.

I know story wasn't a focus AT ALL, but this is fanfiction.net levels of writing.
Yeah well Sakurai aint exactly a writer.
This seems like the logical followup to Subspace Emissary.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
This may sound odd, but I'd like Jade from DQ11 as their representitive. FE has overdone the generic male swordsman protagonist to the point where its less exciting to see. (even if the character would be someone like Crono [not DQ I know] who is an amazing pick in a vacuum)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Also, an update about Classic/WOL bosses:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.23.37 pm.png

Along with Giga Bowser, Master Hand and Crazy Hand since they have their own themes. Edit: Dracula has a second file named 'Dracula2', meaning he has a second phase as a giant demon as briefly seen in his reveal.

No Master Core or any of its subsequent forms it seems, along with no Rayquaza and Brawl's OC bosses (including Tabuu and excluding Galleom).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Cloud is apparently the only character you cannot unlock in WoL.
SE being stingy about music & Spirits os one thing, not putting him in the story mode is a whole other WTH! This is just embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom