• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is it just me or Palutena's Guidance is slightly better this time around? I already liked it in Smash For but every new one is great.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Uematsu is AWOL, Sugiyama is "JAPAN ONLY ****ERS" and Shimamura is on the music team.

Why go the lengths and incredibly expensive route when we already have Yoko on board?

This is the only route.
Some DQ games in the west don't have orchestral music (although 8 does whereas the Japanese version doesn't) but I don't think it's related to Sugiyama's... 'patriotism.' It's more to do with the publisher (Nintendo in the west) not paying the royalty fee for his music. DQ11's special edition came with the orchestrated music, but only as a soundtrack CD so I doubt he has a problem with it being used, for the right price.

I think he has gone on record saying that orchestrated soundtracks aren't suited for games or something. Hell, DQ11 doesn't have orchestral music in any version. It's a shame he holds DQ back in the way he does.

I'd love a DQ character but I personally don't see it happening.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'd say you're jumping the gun.
It wouldn't be the first time Funky would hypothetically take a more active role later while someone else takes up shop at his Shack....

He was upgraded and replaced in a port, not within the same game.

I think having an in-game vendor role is far more substantial than being one of 1300 jpegs.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well he says he "probably" would've heard about Minecraft content and he "thinks" Vergeben doesn't know about DLC. He hardly sounds confident like he was with the Grinch leak.
The difference on the Grinch Leaks and now is that
Anyone with any kind of tiny source knew that Leak was ****ing Fake since it was smelling BS.
However for DLC it's more complicated since there stuff flying arround for a while, contradicting each others. That's why he can't be sure about it.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well now that the full game has been leaked think I'm going to do myself a favor and disappear until the official launch lol

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
So wait, just catching up. Lloyd’s chances got even high with his mii costume and lack of spirit right? I asked in stream and I was told Lloyd’s mii costume isn’t in the game

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So wait, just catching up. Lloyd’s chances got even high with his mii costume and lack of spirit right? I asked in stream and I was told Lloyd’s mii costume isn’t in the game
No Spirit and his Mii Costume is gone like others Third parties costume, yes.
All of Namco's Costume also got No spirits.
sega got Akira's spirits

weirdly, both Square-Enix and Namco are quite lonely on the roster...Who know, maybe both will get a new rep

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If you people are gonna start dissing Dragon Quest just because you're in love with Geno and Sora, you're gonna catch some hands.
Look man, it's not that I don't like Dragon Quest.

It's just that I like a lot of other Square Enix series before it.
DLC is gearing up to be a 3rd party explosion it looks like.
I mean, I'm not gonna say I called it, but I called it.

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
With his mii costume not in the base game that really makes Lloyds chances sky rocket to a all time high I’d say. I doubt a character they’d want to sell as DLC would be showcased in such a way before being released

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
DLC Predictions because spirits deconfirm (no Plant spirit):
- Ado
- Sora
- MH Rep
- Steve
- Any shill character

D

Deleted member

With his mii costume not in the base game that really makes Lloyds chances sky rocket to a all time high I’d say. I doubt a character they’d want to sell as DLC would be showcased in such a way before being released
Almost every Third-Party character has had their costume removed from the game, so it barely affects Lloyds chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

He was upgraded and replaced in a port, not within the same game.

I think having an in-game vendor role is far more substantial than being one of 1300 jpegs.
The role is (from my understanding) only relevant to the story mode and isn't part of the actual gameplay.
The reason why Assists and Spirits are hard deconfirmations are because they are used in-battle.

The issue being on the order of Waluigi summoning Waluigi from the Assist Trophy or Geno equipped with Geno as a Spirit for example.

Funky is strictly outside the matches, in his shack. There is literally no reason Funky can't have someone else (like Tawks as he does in Tropical Freeze) take over if he's the lead character that enters the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Neato Burrito

World of Light has 7 cutscenes for itself. Cool beans.

EDIT: Lol :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, they cut out all third-party DLC costumes, so...

D

Deleted member

Some DQ games in the west don't have orchestral music (although 8 does whereas the Japanese version doesn't) but I don't think it's related to Sugiyama's... 'patriotism.' It's more to do with the publisher (Nintendo in the west) not paying the royalty fee for his music. DQ11's special edition came with the orchestrated music, but only as a soundtrack CD so I doubt he has a problem with it being used, for the right price.

I think he has gone on record saying that orchestrated soundtracks aren't suited for games or something. Hell, DQ11 doesn't have orchestral music in any version. It's a shame he holds DQ back in the way he does.

I'd love a DQ character but I personally don't see it happening.
Right, which is where my qualms lie on.

Why would Sakurai go through so many hoops and lengths only to gain two MIDI tracks that [probably won't sound good? It's known that Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy's license is lucratively expensive to use, so add in Sugiyama and how much power he has over the franchise to where he has actual music labels under his whim, I just can't see it happening.

And again, I don't mind Dragon Quest at all, because it does have some legacy backed up, but the biggest problems lie with Sugiyama and notoriety outside of Japan. As much as it might not look like it, the latter point still proves to be true.

D

Deleted member

Do either Bomberman or Chun-Li have spirits in the game? I expect them to have it but I want to be sure. I’m surprised no one asked the streamer about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom