• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
And literally NO ONE ELSE? From any other obscure *** Squenix series?
It's still weird. Doesn't mean it's gonna go anywhere. Just weird.

TPC, I think you like Erdrick, and I love ya, and I mean no offense to ya, but

god DAMN that is such a ****ing boring pick
Boring? Yeah.

Iconic? Also yeah.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't say I'm too crazy about Cross being the character to represent XCX when Elma is alot cooler.

One thing that'd make it maybe okay is if they pull an Inkling with them and they have various costumes between the male and female Cross alts.
The only way they'd redeem Cross over Elma would be if Cross had a class-switching mechanic and switched between his 3 classes.

God, it's 2018 and we still don't have a job-switcher.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You never know,
Sakurai might make an interesting moveset out of that.
And I'll still be asleep

If the character itself bores me to pieces I won't be too thrilled by the moveset

I'll also be salty over not getting Geno or any other SE rep I like at all so that's most of it

Troykv

Smash Master
inb4 Elma and Azura (or whoever the hell from Fates, I'll take Felicia or whatever) are DLC and that's why there's no music from their games.
Actually there is a new remix for Azura's theme... Talking about her... Someone has seen her spirit?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still believe that with near 1300 spirits. That there is no way they deconfirm a character's chances at dlc.
Like I said in the Geno thread, if they do, virtually every notable fanbase during this cycle has been sunk aside from maybe Banjo whose just been a big question mark this whole time anyways.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I remember at e3 2018, someone from Nintendo sat down for lunch with someone from Microsoft. Maybe they were negotiating the rights to use Banjo and Kazooi?
Yes, who could forget the lovable bear Banjo and his koi friend Kazooi?

Unless they negotiated for Banjo & Kazooie to be Spirits, that's not happening. It likely has something to do with DK64 or Diddy Kong Racing if I had to guess.

Aixy

Smash Rookie
My guess is that or hopefully Slime.
Im gonna guess Square likely wants a bigger cut for their DLC, and since Nintendo themselves are selecting the characters: Maybe they're working to get full rights for the Mario RPG characters? Perhaps Geno has a shot?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I see the point Luigi The President Luigi The President is making. SE has many storied franchises. What's the harm in asking for them as Spirits? After all if you are of the belief that they deconfirm DLC. Why not knockout some of their other fan favs and give them love through Spirits too?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quick question. I haven't been keeping up but is there a list of all the spirits we have currently?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I see the point Luigi The President Luigi The President is making. SE has many storied franchises. What's the harm in asking for them as Spirits? After all if you are of the belief that they deconfirm DLC. Why not knockout some of their other can favs and give them love through Spirits too?
And most of them have rich Nintendo history.

Only Geno and Mallow? It's just so...so random to me.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yo Erdrick would be cool.

But Crono is the actual ultimate patrician taste and only men of Culture understands that.
Crono is my 2nd most wanted square rep character behind geno, I cant be mad if crono got in cause chrono trigger is amazing and i just never thought it had a realistic shot of getting in smash before.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Im gonna guess Square likely wants a bigger cut for their DLC, and since Nintendo themselves are selecting the characters: Maybe they're working to get full rights for the Mario RPG characters? Perhaps Geno has a shot?
Sure he has a shot and always will until the game is done being supported, it's just my opinion that we're getting Slime.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh boy.

OH BOY.

I JUST REALIZED

There is no Llyod Spirit at all and he lost his Mii Costume.

ITS OGRE

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I see the point Luigi The President Luigi The President is making. SE has many storied franchises. What's the harm in asking for them as Spirits? After all if you are of the belief that they deconfirm DLC. Why not knockout some of their other fan favs and give them love through Spirits too?
Maybe they did and Square said no? We'll probably never know so we just keep going around in circles.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So wait....if Funky hasn't been turned into a Spirit....and is there in the story world to help out the Fighters.....

....that means he could end up BEING a Fighter through DLC.
His in-game role is far more substantial than any spirit. I'd say the exact opposite, he's been hard disconfirmed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I asked this before but do we know how many bosses are there in the game?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Pit did a ****ing SURE YOU CAN (shoryuken) joke in Ryu's Guidance. Bless you Pit.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe they did and Square said no? We'll probably never know so we just keep going around in circles.
I fail to see why they'd say yes to the RPG boys but no to say Lara or Crono or any number of random FF party members or even Chocobo who previously even had a Mii costume? There's nothing to lose for them when it comes to a simple picture in a game.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Crono is my 2nd most wanted square rep character behind geno, I cant be mad if crono got in cause chrono trigger is amazing and i just never thought it had a realistic shot of getting in smash before.
Yeah, I'd actually be down for Crono in Smash as well if it doesn't end up being Geno; Chrono Trigger is legit my favorite game of all time. And oh lord the thought of getting Chrono Trigger music in Smash. (or would that be a licensing nightmare similar to FF as well...)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Bayonetta Guidance complain about her having ******** Combo.
And Ice climbers were banned for "illegal teaming" last game LMAFO

osby

Smash Obsessed
I fail to see why they'd say yes to the RPG boys but no to say Lara or Crono or any number of random FF party members or even Chocobo who previously even had a Mii costume? There's nothing to lose for them when it comes to a simple picture in a game.
Yeah, but for different franchises, they might need to talk with different people. Maybe that added up?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have tried to search for the list of spirits but I got nothing.
I already know that Adeleine and Porky are missing as spirits, but I have a couple of questions:
Is Ribbon a spirit or she is missing too?
Have they found Medusa and the Rhythm Girl from RH as spirits?
Any other major character is missing from the list?

This is getting interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom