• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No I meant the last one locked in. They were probably going to cut Cloud originally like Snake in Smash 4, because Square wanted to pull all their representation from Smash. Perhaps they only recently finalized the rights to include him in Ultimate? But were unable to negotiate anything else before the game went gold?
The rights negociation for Ultimate probably happened during the project plan you know? Especially if the roster was locked in 2015...And you can't make as late as december 2015 which was when Cloud AND the project plan was finished and roster locked.

So yeah. Following that logic. Of course he's the last one LMAFO

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Squad Strike confirmed to switch characters every stock.

D

Deleted member

So wait....if Funky hasn't been turned into a Spirit....and is there in the story world to help out the Fighters.....

....that means he could end up BEING a Fighter through DLC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it strange Mallow also was discussed and added. Topped with NoA mentioning him as well as Geno. Very obvious talks about SMRPG went on if a new character suddenly enters the picture.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Trying to dodge all the spoilers will be harder than preserving your childhood innocence in adult world after now.

*is left thoroughly confused as to why that would be the case*
Because Square is evil, duh.

Squad Strike confirmed to switch characters every stock.
Nice, so it actually has a purpose.

Last edited:

Aixy

Smash Rookie
I'm just hoping for a proper explanation on the Absence of the mii costumes and lack of FF music and Spirits at some point. Perhaps an explanation from Square themselves as well?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No I meant the last one locked in. They were probably going to cut Cloud originally like Snake in Smash 4, because Square wanted to pull all their representation from Smash. Perhaps they only recently finalized the rights to include him in Ultimate? But were unable to negotiate anything else before the game went gold?

Wrong. Chief called to say that this ain't it. I'm not a game developer but that's not how it works at all.
Maybe, once more of the public knows about the lack of FF stuff and Square reps, they can pressure Square to be more friendly and cheaper for Smash in the future? Perhaps Nintendo managed to get another license as DLC? Maybe Geno? Instead of going for the Costumes rights?
Here's a nice flowchart

DOES SE PROFIT FROM IT?

If yes, they do it
If no, they don't do it

They don't care about anything otherwise.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

:joyful:
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm just hoping for a proper explanation on the Absence of the mii costumes and lack of FF music and Spirits at some point. Perhaps an explanation from Square themselves as well?
Dude the explanation is as follow.
Square-Enix don't even have the rights of their own FFVII Musics. It cost a lot to licence.
EVERY Third parties Costumes are gone. Monster hunters/Chocobo/Akira/Heihachi/Sonic etc
For the spirits, Square-Enix have 4 Spirits, which is the same as Pac-man.

There no weird stuff going on.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dude the explanation is as follow.
Square-Enix don't even have the rights of their own FFVII Musics. It cost a lot to licence.
EVERY Third parties Costumes are gone. Monster hunters/Chocobo/Akira/Heihachi/Sonic etc
For the spirits, Square-Enix have 4 Spirits, which is the same as Pac-man.

There no weird stuff going on.
I agree with you but I do think Geno and Mallow being the literal only other SE Spirits is really, really weird.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh if only I could be so optimistic.

Yeah that's not going to happen at all.

Just like Geno. Dude's not the SE rep. Neither is Sora more than likely.

Abandon Hope Ye' Who Enter Here.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, here's the REAL thing Cloud's missing...
Now the real Link vs. Cloud battles can begin.

Aixy

Smash Rookie
Someone said all 3rd party mii costumes were cut. Not just Squares. is this true?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I agree with you but I do think Geno and Mallow being the literal only other SE Spirits is really, really weird.
Not really if you consider that all Third Parties Mii Costume are gone and the only way to represent some character where to buy licence of some random PNG.
But hey, this time Square felt generous and gave not only Geno....
BUT ALSO MALLOW!

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright, here's the REAL thing Cloud's missing...
Now the real Link vs. Cloud battles can begin.
Why hasn't Fem!Cloud vs. Fem!Link been made yet?

I'm also waiting on Mach Rider sitting on top of Skull Kid too.
SE rep is gonna be that Erdrick ****** ain't it
More than likely, yes. All the signs are pointing to it.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Funnily enough, even though I would LOVE more Final Fantasy/Square-Enix music in general, I got my favorite track from Final Fantasy VII anyway, which is funnily enough the main battle theme 'For Those Who Fight'...yeah, its really not One Winged Angel or JENOVA despite how great those are.

In before Culex (Battle) from Super Mario RPG randomly gets added and is made usable on both Mario stages and Midgar XD

ZelDan

Smash Master
I can't say I'm too crazy about Cross being the character to represent XCX when Elma is alot cooler.

One thing that'd make it maybe okay is if they pull an Inkling with them and they have various costumes between the male and female Cross alts.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not really if you consider that all Third Parties Mii Costume are gone and the only way to represent some character where to buy licence of some random PNG.
But hey, this time Square felt generous and gave not only Geno....
BUT ALSO MALLOW!
And literally NO ONE ELSE? From any other obscure ass Squenix series?
It's still weird. Doesn't mean it's gonna go anywhere. Just weird.

Why hasn't Fem!Cloud vs. Fem!Link been made yet?

I'm also waiting on Mach Rider sitting on top of Skull Kid too.

More than likely, yes. All the signs are pointing to it.
TPC, I think you like Erdrick, and I love ya, and I mean no offense to ya, but

god DAMN that is such a ****ing boring pick

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
inb4 Elma and Azura (or whoever the hell from Fates, I'll take Felicia or whatever) are DLC and that's why there's no music from their games.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It seems all 3rd party mii costumes are gone so that may not have been an only SE thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom