• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, this is weird. There seems to have an appeal_snake_XXX text files for Brawls fighters? But not for new fighters.... Did anyone tried to do Codec Call with old fighters? Are they recycling all of Codec Call from Brawl?

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
There is no Piranha Plant spirit. Can we just call it a day and say spirit deconfirm characters?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
WAIT SO ARE CODECS BACK AS A WHOLE OR JUST A MINOR CAMEO IN PALUTENAS GUIDANCE

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Even the Namco ones lost the costumes?
All of third parties lost their Mii Costume No Capcom, No SE, No Sega, No Namco

ALSO THERE IS STILL BRAWL CODEC TEXT FILES IS THIS NORMAL? ARE THEY JUST RECYCLING BRAWL'S CODEC?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
From the looks of it, I think the Monster Hunter, Chocobo and Geno costumes are gone. I'm not sure on the first since it could've moved from the DLC batch, but the latter two I did not see at all.

Dixie Kong seems to have gotten one though.
Ugh.... I'm not sure what to think about this, I don't like Miis...

Shroob

Sup?
No no Shroob. There is Text Files called Snake_Appeal_XXXX Which are all of the old Codec from Brawl. For whatever reasons. They might just recycle all of Brawl Codec
I mean, yeah, but, those are about ten years old at this point. Even if they're brought back, they're not really exciting.

Aixy

Smash Rookie
And so. We went through the Whole spirit list.

Shovel knight get multiple Spirits for like Plague Knight
Shantae have her and Risky boots
SE spirits are Cloud/Cloud-AC/Geno/Mallow
NOT A SINGLE ONE PIRANHA PLANT AT ALL WHEN BASICALLY EVERY MARIO STUFF IS IN
Pac-man have 4 spirit too.
Octoling are Spirits

He's now going through Mii Costume

All SE costume are gone.
Geno lost his Mii Costume
No Chocobo hat either
ISAAC GOT A MII COSTUME
Someone on the Reddit said they heard somewhere that Cloud was the very last Character they locked in for Ultimate. Perhaps he wasn't intended to be in, because they weren't sure they could get the rights to use him again? But at the last minute, they managed to pull it off for him and the stage? That would explain why there is no Square Representation in the game. Cloud wasn't supposed to be in it originally?

osby

Smash Obsessed
That whole "stay off from Smash" thing didn't work well, but at least this place tags spoilers, so...

It's less "Nintendo doesn't give a **** about Mii Costumes" and more...
Keeping Cloud, Midgar and two music tracks must be quite a feat by itself.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Someone on the Reddit said they heard somewhere that Cloud was the very last Character they locked in for Ultimate. Perhaps he wasn't intended to be in, because they weren't sure they could get the rights to use him again? But at the last minute, they managed to pull it off for him and the stage? That would explain why there is no Square Representation in the game. Cloud wasn't supposed to be in it originally?
Stealth is full of ****. He said there is no SE spirit yet there is 4.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
There's a ton of Mii Costumes too. They'd still have to approach Squenix and get the licensing for both characters. Pretty special like it or not.
Doesn't mean they're equally special. I think you're thinking way too hard into how they choose every spirit and Mii costume.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Doesn't mean they're equally special. I think you're thinking way to hard into how they choose every spirit and Mii costume.
I don't know how more obvious it can get beyond "they would have to approach Squenix specifically to obtain the license and depict both characters" instead of just, y'know
Not doing that
They went through that trouble regardless

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I mean, I don't understand how I'm mocking you. I'm trying to get across the point that Isaac is not the only character with detail. Black Knight has much more for example. This is really making a theory out of nothing. Also, there's legit only 2 Golden Sun tracks. Also, Sakurai stated there were no cuts. Also, no, I don't think he ever even stated that-and it's also not relevant to this conversation.

If the cut was so early there'd be no model.
It's the way you word it.. anyway..
You're missing my point here. None of the ATs are actually detailed (how do I explain this.. textured properly, modeled with enough polys..etc.), and as they should they're all low poly models. Issac model had some details.. or let's call it extra polys that I didn't see from other fighters, yet he had none of the textures served for the likes of Springman for example. He's missing some gradients too. I think a 3D modler will word it better that I do.
Black Knight is an apparent low poly.
That's why I said it might've been a very early cut.
This is what I could find for now: https://nintendotoday.com/sakurai-on-fighting-characters-in-smash/

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There are 1297 spirits. They aren't too special.
The only thing that's special to me is the prospect of possibly having close to that number in event matches. Obviously not all since some can be bought from the store, but we are going to get so many weird matches due to these spirits.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not that I remember. No.
We have our first notable character missing from a last generation game.

Elma may be the main character, but Cross is the avatar.

Coincidence?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom