• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I AM gonna say for now that Geno's probably deconfirmed though...
I still have hope, though it would be better to mysteriously NOT be a spirit of course.

plus ill wait until I actually SEE a geno spirit before I trust a list from 4chan, though with data-mining happening this is likely a real list

Shroob

Sup?
z92 being 1st party proves my theory. It is Issac, I have no doubt about it.
I've been saying this, Issac is the only AT that had a reworked model AND attacks. They could've reworked his attacks (those giant hands) but why the model itself. The model is detailed enough, it only lacked some final polishing.. rendering, texture and what not to make it look like the other fighters.
The moment I saw Issac AT I realized he was a canned playable.. maybe totaly because of the Grinch leak or just for that earth quick.
In short, Issac was stripped from his textures (assuming they were applied in the first place) and most of his moves then turned into AT. Reason: not sure
There is absolutely NO way they scrapped an entire fighter and all content relating to them in less than a week due to a fake image leak, my god.

LetterO

Smash Lord
that moment when you realize this game has less (unique) newcomers than melee. And that's counting previously cut fighters. #LACKOFCONTENT
that moment when you realize this game has 74 characters and 103 stages. #LACKOFCONTENT

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Inside Games (Japanese site), did a poll where 986 people voted on who they wanted in Smash. The results: https://s.inside-games.jp/article/2018/11/24/118908.html
There are some great translation mishaps when Google does it automatically. My personal favorites:

"Bandicoot of "Crash Bandicoot" series entered fifth place! It was an image of Sony's character once, but now it is also on sale from the SEGA Games to the Nintendo switch. "

"There is no Rex in "Smark SP" although there is a schulk!"

On Monster Hunter: "Since the monster came out, hunters also"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still have hope, though it would be better to mysteriously NOT be a spirit of course.

plus ill wait until I actually SEE a geno spirit before I trust a list from 4chan, though with data-mining happening this is likely a real list
It's being datamined in stream rn lmao.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
z92 being 1st party proves my theory. It is Issac, I have no doubt about it.
I've been saying this, Issac is the only AT that had a reworked model AND attacks. They could've reworked his attacks (those giant hands) but why the model itself. The model is detailed enough, it only lacked some final polishing.. rendering, texture and what not to make it look like the other fighters.
The moment I saw Issac AT I realized he was a canned playable.. maybe totaly because of the Grinch leak or just for that earth quick.
In short, Issac was stripped from his textures (assuming they were applied in the first place) and most of his moves then turned into AT. Reason: not sure
Sakurai himself has said no one was cut during the game's dev cycle. Past that an earthquake wouldn't have made them cut a whole character like that and was too recent at the time for it too and it's unlikely Nintendo even cared about the Grinch leak, nor would they actively remove content from a near completed game to spite a fake leak.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I am right there with you. Best to keep this on the stove until more info comes in. Not necessarily on the back burner, but certainly listen for the kettle to whistle.

Either way, I will be happy for whatever.

EDIT: Ahh it's being live streamed apparently. Now show me Mii Costumes!

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Im honestly hoping we can get some datamines on Mii costumes. I want to know if they all came back and what new ones there are.
Hoping there's a Krystal costume there but that's just me

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I feel like the important thing we need to ask ourselves is this:
Does every spirit come with an exclusive event match? Because holy **** if so.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Im honestly hoping we can get some datamines on Mii costumes. I want to know if they all came back and what new ones there are.
Planned, but he'll do it after Spirits and dumping the pastebin

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
oh i totally trust it i just want to see the spirit in the game and not a name on a list.

and I mean im not losing hope for geno even if he is a spirit.
I'm going to go the other way and hope we're getting a Geno/ Mallow tag team

Smash has the rights to use mallow and Geno now

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
There is absolutely NO way they scrapped an entire fighter and all content relating to them in less than a week due to a fake image leak, my god.
I said it's a possibility, not the reason. My God.
Sakurai himself has said no one was cut during the game's dev cycle. Past that an earthquake wouldn't have made them cut a whole character like that and was too recent at the time for it too and it's unlikely Nintendo even cared about the Grinch leak, nor would they actively remove content from a near completed game to spite a fake leak.
Sakurai says a lot of things, maybe he forgot about it when he said it. Nintendo would care about the earthquake.
But seriously, doesn't Issac AT look off to you. Out of all ATs. I need a 3D modler here :/

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If they planned PP for base roster but he got pushed to DLC, that may be why he has no Spirit-since he was intended to be in base game, they knew it'd look off to have a PP Spirit alongside his Fighter Spirit one.

I'm sure this sounds like a complete excuse, but I'm just thinking about it since it does seem possible PP was cut.

You know what’s even more sad and funny?

Isaac’s AT being removed from Smash 4 only to be returned in Ultimate after he got a lot of fan support.
I think we can agree to be equally sad and funny.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Don't you remember? We can't go a week without painting Sakurai as a villain.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Guys, Inside Games (Japanese site), did a poll where 986 people voted on who they wanted in Smash. The results: https://s.inside-games.jp/article/2018/11/24/118908.html
For those who can't (or don't want to) go to the site, the characters are as follows
  1. Bandana Waddle Dee
  2. Rex
  3. Sora
  4. Geno
  5. Crash Bandicoot
There are also some fun things that didn't make the top five, these are the characters that Inside Games mentions.
Amaterasu​
Tetromino​
Ashley & Red​
Arle Nadja​
Duster (Mother)​
Dante​
Lara Croft​
"Dragon Quest Hero"​
Noctis​
"Power Pro-kun" (Had to look this one up)​
Monster Hunter​
Levi (Attack on Titan)​
Rimuru (That time I got reincarnated as a Slime)​
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)​
Kazuma Kiryu​
Hatsune Miku​
Fubuki (Kancolle)​
Reimu Hakurei​
"My Dad"​
If that cut character is Isaac I swear...
One can only hope.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
There was a Saki Amamiya one, unfortunately. Would've been great playable.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Sakurai says a lot of things, maybe he forgot about it when he said it. Nintendo would care about the earthquake.
But seriously, doesn't Issac AT look off to you. Out of all ATs. I need a 3D modler here :/
They did care, they delayed the direct a week. It's very unlikely they would force removal of an entirely finished character for it when that game releases like half a year after that.
I mean the best excuse you have to counter the director of the game's explicit confirmation of something was "maybe he forgot". :/

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aww darn. Andy as well as Infantry & Tanks are confirmed as spirits. There goes any semblance of hope he had as a DLC character.

At the very least, he'll be in the game in a limited capacity. Hopefully as a Mii Costume as well.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
It’s not even a possibility.

Have you seen Knuckles’s AT? He looks DAMN good, and he functions way more like a playable fighter than Isaac does. Even with all that Knuckles is obviously not a cut fighter.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Relish in the feeling of love and excitement everyone. Because you know damn well that a few months after the game is out, a very small but loud group of people will trash the hell out of it and try to make it seem like it's mediocre.

You know it in your hearts that I'm right.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
They did care, they delayed the direct a week. It's very unlikely they would force removal of an entirely finished character for it when that game releases like half a year after that.
I mean the best excuse you have to counter the director of the game's explicit confirmation of something was "maybe he forgot". :/
Yes, because his "explicit" confirmations were always true :/
Suit yourself, I'm convinced.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Aww darn. Andy as well as Infantry & Tanks are confirmed as spirits. There goes any semblance of hope he had as a DLC character.

At the very least, he'll be in the game in a limited capacity. Hopefully as a Mii Costume as well.
It’s a damn crime the AT was removed. As a Golden Sun fan I know how the feels. GS and AW are the two series I really wanted to see get represented in Smash so we could possibly get more games in the future.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Cannot stand seeing these things with NO CORRELATION being compared
I'd love to see you counter the Knuckles argument

Have you seen Knuckles’s AT? He looks DAMN good, and he functions way more like a playable fighter than Isaac does. Even with all that Knuckles is obviously not a cut fighter.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It’s a damn crime the AT was removed. As a Golden Sun fan I know how the feels. GS and AW are the two series I really wanted to see get represented in Smash so we could possibly get more games in the future.
My thought process as well. I was super bummed when I found out Advance Wars had no music tracks in this game. Horrible for a series as significant to Nintendo's history as it is.

That being said it has like 4, maybe a bit more Spirits which is decent.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
How can you be so sure?
And Knuckles didn't look good at all in comparsion. Looked so plain, like the BG Tails.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
As someone who is a big Isaac supporter, I think if he was cut from the roster we’d have more GS songs in the game then the 2 we got back from Brawl, neither of which got a remix.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Geno got a Mii Costume, AND a Spirit...
...but not a playable slot...

Man...that's...sad and funny.
You know what’s even more sad and funny?

Isaac’s AT being removed from Smash 4 only to be returned in Ultimate after he got a lot of fan support.
Y’all both dealing with the sadness of Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom