• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Ok at this point, I feel like I have seen so much. Gonna posting a less and avoiding the spoilers from on now
If you want to talk to me, you can find me on discord, PM me for my username there

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Can someone give me the rundown on what happened with Style Savvy? I'd love to see a character from the series make it in (although I don't know how I feel about one getting in before a RH rep...).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So something I was thinking about. Do you think we will see more than just bosses in WoL?

Do you think Home Run Contest would be incorporated in some way? Kind of like an Easter Egg in the Nintendo Console Town Place?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can someone give me the rundown on what happened with Style Savvy? I'd love to see a character from the series make it in (although I don't know how I feel about one getting in before a RH rep...).
I guess there is remnants of a music file linked to a blank stage that people suspect is going to be DLC

But couldn't it also have been a stage that was cut?

Shroob

Sup?
So something I was thinking about. Do you think we will see more than just bosses in WoL?

Do you think Home Run Contest would be incorporated in some way? Kind of like an Easter Egg in the Nintendo Console Town Place?
Honestly, I hope Home Run becomes accessible from the main menu.

I'd find it hella inconvenient if it were playable, but you had to traverse the huge WoL map whenever you wanted to.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I'd find it hella inconvenient if it were playable, but you had to traverse the huge WoL map whenever you wanted to.
That's what I am hoping as well. Unless it is in WoL and we DO indeed get a day one patch to get it in Games and More.

Incredibly doubtful, but something to think about.

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet

It reinforces the fact that we cannot try to think like Sakurai, for better or worse, no matter how much we try.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Every single time this place is poppin’ with news, it’s the weekend which means I’m busier than on the weekdays. If you guys care about me, could you summarize what’s going on, what’s confirmed, and whatever else. Damn the spoilers. I don’t have the time to read through hundreds of posts sadly. I do have enough time to skim but every so often so I can get the whole feel of the situation. If anyone wants to be a Good Samaritan, a PM would be amazing.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone prove to me that Piranha Plant anon did infact say there'd be a day 1 patch with modes?

Because all I remember were the characters from the leak and the image attached.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
A big post, but kind of worth it, I guess.

I've counted 884 total music tracks in Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Including Victory Themes). I got all of this data from that spreadsheet. I may have gotten a few things wrong here and there, but I'm still confident in my answer. It fits the bill of roughly 900, at least. I think those other 100 or so files left that people found are for miscellaneous things, or for voice work. (or maybe placeholders?)

Here are the break downs:

Smash Bros.: 87
Super Mario: 93
Mario Kart: 15

Donkey Kong: 29
Zelda: 45
Metroid: 25
Yoshi: 13
Kirby: 43
Star Fox: 17
Pokémon: 33
Mother: 14
F-Zero: 24
G&W: 2
Fire Emblem: 37
Kid Icarus: 13
Wario: 11
Pikmin: 14
Animal Crossing: 15
Wii Fit: 10
Punch Out: 5
Xenoblade: 11
Splatoon: 26
Metal Gear: 11
Sonic: 20
Mega Man: 31
Pac-Man/Namco: 13
Street Fighter: 37
Final Fantasy: 2
Bayonetta: 11
Castlevania: 34
Nintendo (including Ice Climber, Duck Hunt, as well as Monster Hunter for some reason): 103
Victory Themes: 40

Here's that Google Sheets thing. It looks like it was finalized.

Pretty great OST, peeps.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean the only thing that can be spoiled at this point is the bosses and spirits.
We know most everything else.
All the cutscenes as well.

Me too, Madam President. But things are going to be wild when the TRUE spoils come in.

I am going to hold out for Mii Costumes and then I might escape as well.
I'm so excited for Mii Costumes this bout tbh Augustus. They look awesome.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A big post, but kind of worth it, I guess.

I've counted 884 total music tracks in Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Including Victory Themes). I got all of this data from that spreadsheet. I may have gotten a few things wrong here and there, but I'm still confident in my answer. It fits the bill of roughly 900, at least. I think those other 100 or so files left that people found are for miscellaneous things, or for voice work. (or maybe placeholders?)

Here are the break downs:

Smash Bros.: 87
Super Mario: 93
Mario Kart: 15

Donkey Kong: 29
Zelda: 45
Metroid: 25
Yoshi: 13
Kirby: 43
Star Fox: 17
Pokémon: 33
Mother: 14
F-Zero: 24
G&W: 2
Fire Emblem: 37
Kid Icarus: 13
Wario: 11
Pikmin: 14
Animal Crossing: 15
Wii Fit: 10
Punch Out: 5
Xenoblade: 11
Splatoon: 26
Metal Gear: 11
Sonic: 20
Mega Man: 31
Pac-Man/Namco: 13
Street Fighter: 37
Final Fantasy: 2
Bayonetta: 11
Castlevania: 34
Nintendo (including Ice Climber, Duck Hunt, as well as Monster Hunter for some reason): 103
Victory Themes: 40

Here's that Google Sheets thing. It looks like it was finalized.

Pretty great OST, peeps.
The August Direct showed Yoshi had 14 tracks. There maybe one missing...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I would be fearful of the return of the Geno Mii costume, even though Crome and KRool being in tells me everything will be ok...
Mii Costume being in is likely because I think all the 4 costumes are returning.
I'll take it.
Doesn't deconfirm or anything just has me covered if Geno ain't in.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm ducking out until the game launches. Even youtube is just annoying with previews of 5 seconds, showing things that shouldn't be seen.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm so excited for Mii Costumes this bout tbh Augustus. They look awesome.
I am as well tbh! They look REALLY good this time around and am excited to see what else there is.
I would be fearful of the return of the Geno Mii costume, even though Crome and KRool being in tells me everything will be ok...
It is kind of weird if we did see a Geno Mii Costume IF all the music is truly leaked. And if/when we see Geno as a Spirit, would it not be odd to see you fight the Geno Mii without the Forest Maze playing?

My own speculation, but will be happy either way.

EDIT: Also have we seen any 3rd party Mii Costumes in Ultimate as of yet?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
See I wonder if EVERY SINGLE SPIRIT will actually have a Spirit Battle.

Like the side character from the ****ing Napoleon game even?
Maybe some you can just get from the store.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Do we know all the sonic songs?
Yeah, here’s the file names:
u01_snc_greenhillzone
u02_snc_scrapbrainzone
u03_snc2_emeraldhillzone
u04_snc3_angelislandzone
u06_snccd_sonicboom
u07_sncr_supersonicracing
u08_sadv_openyourheart
u09_sadv2_liveandlearn
u10_shrs_sonicheroes
u12_snc06_hisworld_instrumental
u13_srng_sevenringsinhand
u14_sadv2_escapefromthecity
u15_sblk_knightofthewind
u16_sclr_reachforthestars
u17_sgen_rooftoprun
u18_slst_wonderworld
u19_slst_windyhill_zone1
u20_smn_studiopolis_act1
u21_sfo_fistbump
u22_sfo_sunsetheight

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Every single time this place is poppin’ with news, it’s the weekend which means I’m busier than on the weekdays. If you guys care about me, could you summarize what’s going on, what’s confirmed, and whatever else. Damn the spoilers. I don’t have the time to read through hundreds of posts sadly. I do have enough time to skim but every so often so I can get the whole feel of the situation. If anyone wants to be a Good Samaritan, a PM would be amazing.
Oh boy, a lot of info has been datamined and leaked. Warning, only look if you don’t mind spoilers.
-The entire soundtrack has been datamined. There are 1101 music pieces in total in the soundtrack file.
-There are three Main WOL Bosses: Galeem, a new one named Darz, and a Fusion of Galeem and Darz.
-WOL is split up into three maps. The Light Map (Galeem), The Dark Map (Darz), and a Light/Dark Map (Galeem Fusion).
-Ganon and Marx are bosses.
-Master Fortress and Crazy Hand are back.

Here’s a juicier one:
-In the files, there is evidence that proves that a planned character was cut in development. The files went from Isabelle (z91) to Incineroar (z93), meaning that this charcater was z92 and was the second newcomer planned for the game. The character is also first party as they aren’t listed at the end of the newcomer batch (Simon is z97)
-There are 30 empty character slots presumably futureproofed for DLC.
-The game got accidentally released in Mexico.
-Some people have been able to open up Smash Ultimate and enter the main menu. But the game crashes when entering a match.

-There are 17 MP4 video files. But 7 of them haven’t been seen yet. It’s possible that they are WOL specific.
And we’re done.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, a lot of info has been datamined and leaked. Warning, only look if you don’t mind spoilers.
-The entire soundtrack has been datamined. There are 1101 music pieces in total in the soundtrack file.
-There are three Main WOL Bosses: Galeem, a new one named Darz, and a Fusion of Galeem and Darz.
-WOL is split up into three maps. The Light Map (Galeem), The Dark Map (Darz), and a Light/Dark Map (Galeem Fusion).

Here’s a juicier one:
-In the files, there is evidence that proves that a planned character was cut in development. The files went from Isabelle (z91) to Incineroar (z93), meaning that this charcater was z92 and was the second newcomer planned for the game. The character is also first party as they aren’t listed at the end of the newcomer batch (Simon is z97)
-Some people have been able to open up Smash Ultimate and enter the main menu. But the game crashes when entering a match.

-There are 17 MP4 video files. But 7 of them haven’t been seen yet. It’s possible that they are WOL specific.
And we’re done.
Honestly curious as to who z92 was and why they were cut. Hopefully we find that out soon and that they aren't lost to time.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Its late for me, so time for sleep.

Goodnight gang! Don't go too crazy now...Ahh who am I kidding. GO NUTS!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Here’s a juicier one:

And we’re done.
Thanks! Also thanks to T3Z3R1 T3Z3R1 and SuperSmashLover SuperSmashLover ! Sorry guys, I just don’t have the luxury of combing through tons of posts for info. Plus, it’s good to have it in a single form to check back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom