• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Also, consider the repped franchises that DON'T have ATs yet. :ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultcloud:

6 of those make sense due to the limited source material. Yoshi and Final Fantasy are noticeably lacking them, but FF has the unfortunate excuse that Square is being a bunch of stingy buttheads...
How DARE YOU! The balance board would be an interesting Assist Trophy, tilting the stage and the blast zone slightly.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for Gyromite to get an AT smh where's my boys Professor Hector and Professor Vector at

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Dear god I hope Sakurai didn't dismiss Shadow for being "too similar to Sonic", cause being similar is the whole freaking point of Echoes. Ken is blonde Ryu with a love of kicks and fire. Richter is Simon's descendant with different clothes and blue Holy Water. Dark Pit is literally black Pit as an anti-hero. He also put in Chrom, the fourth FE character to have blue hair, a sword, and derive from Marth's moveset. There's no way Shadow was rejected for matching the template so well.

It's just (in my opinion) the single biggest wasted opportunity of this game's roster, and seeing how long this game is expected to last along with Sakurai's reasoning for Piranha Plant being in, I feel like Shadow's going to be stuck waiting for a very long time again.
I really hope I'm wrong too, and I frankly feel that something had to go wrong on Sega's end, not Sakurai. I can't see how Sakurai could get multiple third party echoes in and completely pass over Shadow for that opportunity unless he has THAT strong of a hate boner for Sonic.

I'm pretty certain Shadow's never getting in smash. If he couldn't make it here, he won't ever make it. Just reconciling myself with that now so I don't have to waste time hoping anymore.

Regardless of if you're a Shadow fan or not, I think we can agree that whatever happened to him in Ultimate is going to be one of the most interesting bits of Smash trivia/"Do You Know Gaming?" kind of deals that we may never know, or only know about after a long time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assist Trophies that didn't make it that I wanted were.

Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
Lana from Hyrule Warriors
Poochy
Professor E. Gadd
T-Rex from Super Mario Odyssey

Items would had been Coconut Gun which would had made more sense then Banana Gun and Animal Buddy Crate which could had worked in the same way as Assist Trophies and Poke Balls with Rambi, Expresso, Ratty, Squitter and Winky as you ride them and attack players but if struck will lose them as they run off the stage which you can get back if your fast enough.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Don't like it? Don't engage
You know what no I'm engaging Ridley

You bus F-Zero and Earthbound with the vague but meaningful "/EVEN/ F-Zero and Earthbound got Assist Trophies" like it's a crime and like that's something so incredibly shocking

You bus Punch-Out, you say "Well Yoshi has a TON of AT material" and then act like even Game & Watch has got nothing

Can you not see how unfair it is that you prop up Yoshi like he's a messiah due to not having an AT but basically glance over the rest or bus them

If it sounds like I'm attacking you or something then I apologize but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. It just feels really disingenuous.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophies that didn't make it that I wanted were.

Cooking Mama
Ecco the Dolphin
Eggplant Wizard
Lana from Hyrule Warriors
Poochy
Professor E. Gadd
T-Rex from Super Mario Odyssey

Items would had been Coconut Gun which would had made more sense then Banana Gun and Animal Buddy Crate which could had worked in the same way as Assist Trophies and Poke Balls with Rambi, Expresso, Ratty, Squitter and Winky as you ride them and attack players but if struck will lose them as they run off the stage which you can get back if your fast enough.
Does the coconut gun fire in spurts?

LetterO

Smash Lord
The talk about Shadow has actually gotten me really hyped for the scrapped content. I wanna see what could've been. I'm also completely prepared to see a RH character scrapped again and feel intense pain.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I really hope I'm wrong too, and I frankly feel that something had to go wrong on Sega's end, not Sakurai. I can't see how Sakurai could get multiple third party echoes in and completely pass over Shadow for that opportunity unless he has THAT strong of a hate boner for Sonic.

I'm pretty certain Shadow's never getting in smash. If he couldn't make it here, he won't ever make it. Just reconciling myself with that now so I don't have to waste time hoping anymore.

Regardless of if you're a Shadow fan or not, I think we can agree that whatever happened to him in Ultimate is going to be one of the most interesting bits of Smash trivia/"Do You Know Gaming?" kind of deals that we may never know, or only know about after a long time.
Remember how many years we had to endure of people saying Ridley and K. Rool would never get in Smash? Shadow only won't make it if people stop supporting him. I'm not dropping mine, if I got Ridley after all these years I sure as hell can get Shadow in one day.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The talk about Shadow has actually gotten me really hyped for the scrapped content. I wanna see what could've been. I'm also completely prepared to see a RH character scrapped again and feel intense pain.
Black Knight is possibility another I could had seen being scrapped having been intended as an Echo of Ike but due to animation issues in matching Ike due to his bulky armor was eventually dropped.

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
How much you wanna bet that Sakurai considered Takamaru again but decided against it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know what no I'm engaging Ridley

You bus F-Zero and Earthbound with the vague but meaningful "/EVEN/ F-Zero and Earthbound got Assist Trophies" like it's a crime and like that's something so incredibly shocking

You bus Punch-Out, you say "Well Yoshi has a TON of AT material" and then act like even Game & Watch has got nothing

Can you not see how unfair it is that you prop up Yoshi like he's a messiah due to not having an AT but basically glance over the rest or bus them

If it sounds like I'm attacking you or something then I apologize but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. It just feels really disingenuous.
Yeah, maybe it was unfair for me to discount other franchises.

But my boi has been stuck with a double standard pretty much unique to him, which is the "Mario sub-series" standard. Wario and Donkey Kong escaped it.

When I said "even" Earthbound and F-Zero, I don't mean that they "don't deserve ATs."

Iridium

Smash Hero
What is the one thing you want to do with any newcomer when Smash Ultimate comes out?
Uh, for Simon, I guess just land that spike offstage, and it's actually pretty safe if you do it with a jump, like Sonic.

I also heard Incineroar's Cross Chop spikes (presumably during the descent), so I'll look for that, and a stupid Revenge kill.

For Ken, just learn how to input his Heavy Shoryuken, pretty much like Ryu's TSRK.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Idk, with all the ****storm from Shadow being an assist, I feel like if echoes come back in a next game he's pretty much a shoe-in. But we don't now how a next game, if it exists, will work, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom