• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh damnit to hell not on the day before Thanksgiving
Oh, I really hope this isn't true... :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
mmm Imma slap a big helping of SPOILERS on my plate tomorrow, yes indeed

D

Deleted member

I read she was but then he decided to use Wolf instead due to having a similar model as well as easier moveset (Due to copying) Fox. Maybe that was just a rumor I suppose?
"For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character."

The key phrase here being "creating Krystal wasn't realistically possible." There's just no evidence pointing to her being planned beyond a passing mention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character."

The key phrase here being "creating Krystal wasn't realistically possible." There's just no evidence pointing to her being planned.
Ah gotcha.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I really hope, besides boss characters, we see the return of character variations as bosses

Like K Rool fights Giant DK in his classic mode, maybe someone fights Metal Mario (have we seen any of the Mario characters classic modes besides Mario yet?)

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Lol, that's okay. I'm a huge DQ fan, but I'm not the kind to get all offended when others don't like it.

We're cool, my dude.

View attachment 179053Though I'll never understand how people don't like a series as rad as DQ.
I love DQ, but weirdly enough I never thought about DQ representation in Smash before these rumors started popping up. But since I started thinking about it, it'd be really cool, but I hope we get Erdrick if we do get a DQ rep, I'd prefer him over Slime, but either would be sweet!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It finally happened

(Aware the roster was already revealed it’s leaking stuff in the game)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Be thankful if you manage to avoid spoilers lol

It's not KH3, so I'm not too worried about spoilers. Once January rolls around though, I'm disconnecting from the Kingdom Hearts side of the internet until I beat the game with my own two hands.
Spoilers for KHIII:

Thanos kills everyone

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Be thankful if you manage to avoid spoilers lol

It's not KH3, so I'm not too worried about spoilers. Once January rolls around though, I'm disconnecting from the Kingdom Hearts side of the internet until I beat the game with my own two hands.
If KH3 spoilers get leaked.... I'll still probably look at them and go "Wait, huh?" because Kingdom Hearts' plot still makes no damn sense to me.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It won't be long now until the game gets datamined.

Please let the DLC characters be leaked, so I know if the Fighter's Pass is worth it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If someone did get an early copy why tf would they leak it unless they're a leaker tho

they're going to be too absorbed playing the game to leak it unless they stream it :redface:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I come in for the first time in weeks only to get told to stay off to avoid WoL spoilers.

cjxmcrt8LeSwE.gif

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
SPOILERS:

Turns out Smash Ultimate is secretly a crossover with the MCU where you start off with Kirby and Rocket Raccoon who must band together to save everyone from Galeem's and Thanos' clutches.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Tbh I've never really played it enough to get a good feel for it. I'm not a big fan of standard turn-based JRPGs though, so I don't think I'd like it (I don't really like Golden Sun for this reason in specific).

If you think there's a good first game to play I'll definitely consider it though. I'm all for discovering new series.
Oh, I see. Well, it really depends on what kinds of games you like. I could recommend a few DQ games, but if you don't really like turn-based JRPGs in the first place (I freaking love them), then that'd be pretty hard to do.

Hmm... Well, sticking to the main series, I'll recommend the DS remake of "Dragon Quest V". Judging by your profile picture, you probably like recruiting monsters to your side. It was my first DQ, so there's that too. If real-time combat is more your thing and you'd rather try a spin-off, I'd recommend either of the "Dragon Quest Heroes" games. That's the best I got.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It won't be long now until the game gets datamined.

Please let the DLC characters be leaked, so I know if the Fighter's Pass is worth it.
Considering it seems DLC selections weren't fully finalized until recently I don't think we are going to be seeing DLC data in the game except maybe with PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom