• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
If someone did get an early copy why tf would they leak it unless they're a leaker tho

they're going to be too absorbed playing the game to leak it unless they stream it :redface:
And if they stream that **** is going to be locked down pretty quick.

I'm ready for spoilers for anything other than World of Light. I want to know how stuff gets unlocked and if there's any other surprises modewise.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just found Ridley's Palutena's Guidance online.

Not sure how many people here have seen it, but this is for those who haven't. Could be late, though.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh, I see. Well, it really depends on what kinds of games you like. I could recommend a few DQ games, but if you don't really like turn-based JRPGs in the first place (I freaking love them), then that'd be pretty hard to do.

Hmm... Well, sticking to the main series, I'll recommend the DS remake of "Dragon Quest V". Judging by your profile picture, you probably like recruiting monsters to your side. It was my first DQ, so there's that too. If real-time combat is more your thing and you'd rather try a spin-off, I'd recommend either of the "Dragon Quest Heroes" games. That's the best I got.
What's the best turn-based Dragon Quest game in your opinion? If it's good I can do turn based (I really like Pokemon and Persona, for instance).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Interesting...
Someone got an early copy of the game right now at 4chan.
View attachment 179054

The World of Light will be spoiled very quickly so watch out guys.

Edit: Link
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/439998851
Oh god I really hope it's true. I mean we had a false flag this past July I believe where someone claimed to have the demo version of Ultimate and that turned out to be a stink-fest real quickly.

Hopefully we get some sweet datamines and all unrevealed content.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh god I really hope it's true. I mean we had a false flag this past July I believe where someone claimed to have the demo version of Ultimate and that turned out to be a stink-fest real quickly.

That was in like late August though wasn't it. I remember cause I only came back after 8.8 and this was one of the first Big Events.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
a-am I safe from spoilers for the time being?
Spoilers likely would be warned way before they'd be actually shown here. That being because anyone who posts a nonspoilered spoiler will probably get their ass obliterated.

Though if I were you I'd definitely get offline by at earliest the 1st and at latest the 5th.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

If these are real, it really is happening.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Just found Ridley's Palutena's Guidance online.

Not sure how many people here have seen it, but this is for those who haven't. Could be late, though.
So going by this makes the manga canon, right? Is Ridley killing her parents referenced outside of that in the main series?

Calane

Smash Ace
I love DQ, but weirdly enough I never thought about DQ representation in Smash before these rumors started popping up. But since I started thinking about it, it'd be really cool, but I hope we get Erdrick if we do get a DQ rep, I'd prefer him over Slime, but either would be sweet!
Yeah, I was the same way. It was something that I never really considered or thought was possible despite my love of the franchise. However, now that the idea has been put into my head, I'll be extremely disappointment if it doesn't happen.

Also, I'm with you 100% on hoping it'd be Erdrick over Slime.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
darn, I wanted to be spoiled..:034:

Why the **** would you want the suspense taken away from you?

So going by this makes the manga canon, right? Is Ridley killing her parents referenced outside of that in the main series?
It's been canon since it was published. It's like how there was a video game for the 80s The Thing that was a canonical sequel but released in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Here's an attempt of a Goku in a Bayonetta like attire (I don't feel like this one is as good as my other edit pieces)

Half-Ass Gokunetta.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That was in like late August though wasn't it. I remember cause I only came back after 8.8 and this was one of the first Big Events.
It's the one where the guy claimed he had the demo version but he was proved a fake really quickly and we also found out shortly thereafter that he was a PoS. I recall the event happening in July tho.

Given that this is a 4Chan leak I have my doubts but man I want this to be real.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Which time lol.

Was it the guy who took pictures at the demo event? Or the infamous Gardevoir and Gothitelle "leak?" Or the dude who faked footage based off of an existing youtube video of a Nintendo Switch unboxing/demonstration? There were a lot of fake demo leaks this time around.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's the one where the guy claimed he had the demo version but he was proved a fake really quickly and we also found out shortly thereafter that he was a PoS. I recall the event happening in July tho.

Given that this is a 4Chan leak I have my doubts but man I want this to be real.
No I definitely recall this that was late August I know because the thread got locked LOL

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Which time lol.

Was it the guy who took pictures at the demo event? Or the infamous Gardevoir and Gothitelle "leak?" Or the dude who faked footage based off of an existing youtube video of a Nintendo Switch unboxing/demonstration? There were a lot of fake demo leaks this time around.
Yeah the guy who posted a video of Snake and Bayonetta taunting and people thought he had the demo version. It was quickly pointed out that he took the footage from an E3 Kiosk I believe.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No I definitely recall this that was late August I know because the thread got locked LOL
The thread did get locked yeah but I recall this happening before the 8/8 Direct. I'll even go back to my old posts to double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom