• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm so tired of all these Fire Emblem characters. I mean, we already have 76 of them. Isn't that enough?
Fire Emblem Fallout 76, coming in a buggy state February 30th.

So does Sakurai's latest interview impact the chances of Spirits BTW?

D

Deleted member

StormC

Smash Hero
So Sakurai is very aware of the positive reactions to the game, which is great. No doubt the huge letter from the K. Rool fans made it his way, so I'm sure he must feel very happy and relieved that, in spite of some negative reactions, this game has also had unprecedented positive reactions.
Man, I hope so. My name is on it! Sakurai would have read a card with my name on it.

...can Sakurai read English?

Either way, we know NOA wrote a nice response to it. You can see that here.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, here's this, for those who haven't seen:

So it seems like Luigi gets some slight intangibility on his Luigi Cyclone. A fair trade for the lack of distance, but I'll still expect some discontent anyway.

You're giving me some bad memories...
I also heard it has ground intangibility from frames 4-9, and can be b-reversed, apparently. I'll check for a confirmation soon, but I'll just say Luigi's one of those characters to receive both huge buffs and nerfs that can impact his playstyle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm so tired of all these Fire Emblem characters. I mean, we already have 76 of them. Isn't that enough?
I’m sick of FE too, and those disgusting Pokemon furries infecting Snash with thief Rule 34! We need remove them now! /s

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The entire planet is on the verge of all out nuclear war! :nervous:
you jest but between cyber warfare, firing missles at Satallites , and experiments with kinetic bombardment.. Nukes are pretty much obsolete. Oh well no Fallout IRL for us. Put away the Power Armor folks!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You flatter me~ :happysheep:
Man, I wish I could actually draw
Noipoi: "Practise"
If only there was some way for me to be even as half as competent as you
Vaanrose: "Practise"
I just want to learn how to do it
The guy I commissioned for my TN avi: "Practise"
So many wonderful drawings that I'd be able to get out of my head
The girl I commissioned for my twitter avi: "Practise"
There HAS to be a way
Friend I commissioned for a temporary discord avi: "Practise"

D

Deleted member

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you think Lloyd Irving from Tales of is?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I also heard it has ground intangibility from frames 4-9, and can be b-reversed, apparently. I'll check for a confirmation soon, but I'll just say Luigi's one of those characters to receive both huge buffs and nerfs that can impact his playstyle.
Luigi The President Luigi The President , looking at what I quoted and the other notes, would this be the kind of thing and compromise you like, or...

If you'll also use Luigi.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, I wish I could actually draw
Noipoi: "Practise"
If only there was some way for me to be even as half as competent as you
Vaanrose: "Practise"
I just want to learn how to do it
The guy I commissioned for my TN avi: "Practise"
So many wonderful drawings that I'd be able to get out of my head
The girl I commissioned for my twitter avi: "Practise"
There HAS to be a way
Friend I commissioned for a temporary discord avi: "Practise"
That's literally all there is to it though!
I know it's cliche, but just a year ago I sucked. Hard. And now I suck moderately less!
Practice actually does make perfect :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm using Luigi no matter how much he's nerfed or buffed. Literal fav gaming character. They can do whatever they want with him-I've been waiting for a brand new flair to his playstyle. So yeah.
Have fun never getting combo'd by anything ever with your two combo breakers, one of which is invincible :4pacman:

Good think I'm used to not comboing anything sense Shulk doesn't have those.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm using Luigi no matter how much he's nerfed or buffed. Literal fav gaming character. They can do whatever they want with him-I've been waiting for a brand new flair to his playstyle. So yeah.
Good, because to be honest, if Luigi Cyclone was all that really got nerfed hard in some aspects going to Ultimate, he couldn't be hurt too much. I'd say he's more neutral on changes overall. Also can't let that username bite the dust, now can we?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Good, because to be honest, if Luigi Cyclone was all that really got nerfed hard in some aspects going to Ultimate, he couldn't be hurt too much. I'd say he's more neutral on changes overall. Also can't let that username bite the dust, now can we?
No we cannot!

I'm more focused on his grab than anything else.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you think Lloyd Irving from Tales of is?
50/50. There's no telling what Namco would want to do for their second rep (if there is one).

That's literally all there is to it though!
I know it's cliche, but just a year ago I sucked. Hard. And now I suck moderately less!
Practice actually does make perfect :laugh:
This. In my case however, I'm an awfully-slow learner, so I can relate. I feel like the only idiot "artist" who's at fault for not knowing how to draw realistically at this point. Being terrible at math also contributes to my incompetence because a lot of art is strictly precise and flawless utilization of depths and proportions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have fun never getting combo'd by anything ever with your two combo breakers, one of which is invincible :4pacman:

Good think I'm used to not comboing anything sense Shulk doesn't have those.
He has an amazing combo thank you very much! FSmash's first hit VERY reliably comboes into FSmash's second hit!

Although yesterday I played Smash with friends and combo'ed a friend with like 4 Fsmashes. I just kept throwing it out and he kept getting hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom