• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Would you like if we get these 5 characters as dlc?

- Steve
- Dixie Kong
- Rayman
- Geno
- Banjo

osby

Smash Obsessed
Changes I would make to Echoes(Chrom and Ken are fine as they are):
:ultlucina: Down B is now like Shulk's; Final Smash is Tempest Trial, where she summons a vortex in the middle of the stage
:ultdarkpit: Neutral B is a weaker version of the Staff item
:ultdarksamus: Missile is replaced with a rapid fire shot, can be angled up or down slightly; Down B produces a copy of herself, pressing it again will have the clone perform an A move.
:ultrichter: Holy Water now works like it does in SotN's Richter Mode, lingering less but moving slightly forward; FS is now Hydro Storm
:ultdaisy: forcibly removed her from the game
I'm liking this because of Daisy comment. *ahemsomethingsomethingremovingotherpeople'sfavesisbad*

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Okay but why though, that just makes Lucina more a Chrom clone than a Marth clone if you ask me.

Claws are cool but the Staff was made into an item so it loses its purpose there. also something something his final smash
Well Lucina is Chrom's daughter and is said to fight like him in her game so it would make sense for her to be a clone of someone she is actually said to fight like rather than the person she knows nothing about apart from legend. lol

Roberk

Smash Champion
The best timeline for Chrom and Lucina being added without taking up too many resources is Chrom getting into Smash 4 as a Marth/Ike semiclone for his significance in Awakening and Lucina being added as an Echo of Chrom in Ultimate for her popularity.

It’s more canon and it’s more varied without needing to create new moves/assets.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This is the mark of an excellent project lead. Someone who is able to recognize the limitations at hand, yet work with them in order to still make something that's unique and interesting. Not everyone is able to do this, and that's how some games or other projects enter development hell, go over-schedule and over-budget, etc. But Sakurai's been doing this since he was younger than I am now, so he understands how to manage a game's development and recognize what's possible and what isn't, even when what's possible for him is far more than most other directors.
Sakurai really is a good project lead for a lot of reasons, I would probably never be able to cut characters or make out-there choices when I knew how much pressure was on me regarding the roster and everything else, it's good that he has a very confident attitude about everything.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

- Steve
- Dixie Kong
- Rayman
- Geno
- Banjo
I wouldn't use any of them more than once. I'd be happy for Geno since my friend wants him, but for all the others, nope. And this may be an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked Banjo, even when his game first came out on the N64.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The best timeline for Chrom and Lucina being added without taking up too many resources is Chrom getting into Smash 4 as a Marth/Ike semiclone for his significance in Awakening and Lucina being added as an Echo of Chrom in Ultimate for her popularity.

It’s more canon and it’s more varied without needing to create new moves/assets.
The best timeline in general is how it is now but without Corrin. It's for the best, trust me.

D

Deleted member

LUCINA AS A CHROM ECHO MAKES NO SENSE. STOP USING THAT ONE INFORMED ATTRIBUTE AS EVIDENCE, IT'S BULL**** AND THEY FIGHT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THE CUTSCENE IS JUST TALKING ABOUT HOW LUCINA LEARNED HOW TO FIGHT WITH CHROM, NOT LEARNED HER FIGHTING STYLE FROM HIM.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

You're probably right, but I like Lucina waaaaay more than Chrom, so I'm glad she was chosen for Smash 4 instead of Chrom :)

osby

Smash Obsessed
LUCINA AS A CHROM ECHO MAKES NO SENSE. STOP USING THAT ONE INFORMED ATTRIBUTE AS EVIDENCE, IT'S BULL**** AND THEY FIGHT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, THE CUTSCENE IS JUST TALKING ABOUT HOW LUCINA LEARNED HOW TO FIGHT WITH CHROM, NOT LEARNED HER FIGHTING STYLE FROM HIM.
Excuse you, people are trying to complain about FE and clones, are you trying to take their favorite topics from them?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It makes more sense than how she currently is in Smash where she fights exactly like a character she canonically can't know how they fought like. lol

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

- Steve
- Dixie Kong
- Rayman
- Geno
- Banjo
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You didnt yell loud enough, how about yelling some more because we all surely didnt hear you the first time

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.
Erdrick and Doom Slayer?? Sign me up! I'd be happy with this lineup

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It makes more sense than copying her fighting style from a centuries year old descendant she never actually met or had seen the fighting style of.

... At least give her her stupid Awakening battle pose.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Melee sucks
Subjectively? Sure.
Objectively?

1526868912351.png

It's arguably one of the best games on the system. Even compared to its successors, it's a leg up. The only games I think are better than it as an entire game is Smash 4 3DS, otherwise it introduced staple traditions and did so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom