• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They don’t need to promote anything new, as Nintendo Switch Online NES and Arcade Archives exist. Remember that Duck Hunt being added to the Wii U’s VC was promoted alongside Duck Hunt in Smash IIRC.
>Ninja Gaiden is up next in December for NES Online
>VGAs on the 6th

Idon Idon FELLAS? @Tougon

D

Deleted member

So about Nintendo choosing DLC, do you think they prioritized ad characters only, or did they try to go with legacy characters?
I personally am hoping for ad characters.

Steve and Octoling fit that bill quite nicely. :p

NineS

Smash Lord
OK. Time to try to bring up a relevant subject. I will bring up a challenge. Pick the 5 DLC characters but you got to give them special costumes like Bayonetta´s or Cloud´s. Which characters so you choose and what special costumes do you give them?
2B.
She gets one of these two as an alt similar to Alph and Olimar:
Or this as a costume:

Or,
DQ's Slime:

Either give it a small crown, leaves out of it's points, a little bow with a red palette swap, etc. The options are endless.

I can't think of much else. So I'll take whoever from here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So about Nintendo choosing DLC, do you think they prioritized ad characters only, or did they try to go with legacy characters?
Mostly ad characters I think. This would doubly apply if Spirits really can't become playable, as many classic characters would be used up. With one or maybe two older characters that aren't completely irrelevant and are also popular. Like Dixie Kong or something if the Spirits DON'T deconfirm a character.

OK. Time to try to bring up a relevant subject. I will bring up a challenge. Pick the 5 DLC characters but you got to give them special costumes like Bayonetta´s or Cloud´s. Which characters so you choose and what special costumes do you give them?
I feel like the actual 5 characters I want are a little different, but I'll try. Someone like Dixie or Sylux would be hard to justify making an alt costume out of.

Mega Man X: Normal Armor(Or Light Armor as his default,) and Command Mission Armor
Ryu Hayabusa: NES Ninja Gaiden gi and Modern Ninja Suit
Jin Kazama: Tekken 3 Gi and Tekken 4 Tracksuit
Elma: Normal and a Swimsuit like Shulk.
Celica: Shadows of Valentia Armor, NES styled Armor

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nooooo! Expresso is out of the running.
There you go (would make a great official poster imo):

(The artist is nin-mario64, you can find wallpapers of each fighter on his/her devianart too, this one is a bit cramped so it's hard appreciate the full quality of his/her work, just take a look at his/her devianart if you want to see all of them)
This is really cool. I like how characters with similar color schemes are together. Just one question, if this has every character, where is :ultgreninja:?

D

Deleted member

i came by to say that spirits still do not deconfirm

For example......(which a lot of you know)
A34FA8A2-2CFA-42DA-8DE2-DADE246A9A38.jpeg

I still believe shantae and rayman could be geting the same treatment like mewtwo and Lucas from smash 4

If you have a issue what I said

I’m cool with it because I’m not giving up hope
I can’t beleve they deconfermed link

Nah knowing Nintendo. It'll be five promotional characters for promotion reasons.

Byleth or Edelgard to promote Three Houses
Daemon x Machina character to promote Daemon x Machina
Gen 8 Pokemon to promote the next Gen Pokemon
King Boo to promote Luigi's Mansion 3
Sylux to promote Metroid Prime 4
Well it’s better than granblue
I would also prefer edlegard because she’s an axe user

Otaku sounds like "taco"...and now I'm hungry.

Damn...like, which ones will fill these slots?

1. Jump Man

2. Referee Mario

3. Baby Mario

4. Paper Mario

5. Cosmic Mario

You forgot cdi mario

D

Deleted member

1. Jump Man

2. Referee Mario

3. Baby Mario

4. Paper Mario

5. Cosmic Mario

Am I weird for actually feeling okay with that hypothetical Fighter Pass lineup?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Advertisements mixed in with 3rd party. Exactly how it was for unique DLC characters in Smash 4; Corrin and Bayonetta were advertisements (with the latter being 3rd party) on top of Ryu and Cloud.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just realized, while Xander says "[character] wins!", the spanish announcer actually still says "the winner is [character]!", which is super weird.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm so excited to fight the Lyn spirit that'll just be Lucina in her green outfit with a killing edge...

Nervouser Lyn.jpg

Or the Eliwood Roy or Hector Ike.
Fat load being the first international lords means.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'm starting to buy "Spirits are disconfirmations" if only because it's disappointing. And if it's disappointing, it's probably the case.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who wants to take a guess on what the first mod will be? Putting Shadow over Sonic is a popular one. But people are degenerate enough to start with shirtless Mario too.

I'm so excited to fight the Lyn spirit that'll just be Lucina in her green outfit with a killing edge...

View attachment 178845

Or the Eliwood Roy or Hector Ike.
Fat load being the first international lords means.
Hey, that's the Spirit. Get into the fights.

D

Deleted member

I'm excited too.

I get to "kill" her to free the Spirit that I can just send away :troll:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who wants to take a guess on what the first mod will be? Putting Shadow over Sonic is a popular one. But people are degenerate enough to start with shirtless Mario too.

Hey, that's the Spirit. Get into the fights.
John Cene Incineroar.
Purely for the memes.

D

Deleted member

1. Jump Man

2. Referee Mario

3. Baby Mario

4. Paper Mario

5. Cosmic Mario

You forgot one:
26326263263263263263263.png
I will leave on Wednesday, see you all!
I have seen a lot of four stars on Kirby, I must say.
Pretty cool that Dark Matter is a four star. I am guessing Galacta Knight if a spirit will be four star too.
Wall is my favorite Zelda.
All right, this earned a chuckle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I just found our likely first party DLC candidates that's not revealed as a spirit yet:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this could be possible. If it is, I expect both male and female amiibos plz.
Pssst...

He’s a spirit. He was found in some footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom