• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I was only kidding, no need to take it personally.
With how much I love anime and anime games, it's hard not to take it personally when I'm told I'm a novice, but I'll try not to take it personally

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If you don't even know Hokuto no Ken, I'm going to have to revoke your otaku license.
Sayonara
Like I said, I only watch anime from the 2000s and onward. I didn't watch anime from the 80s or 90s. I've only heard of it

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I (Kind of) find it sad when meaningful messages get kind of forgotten just because something else becomes really popular within a game.

Case in Point: Nier: Automata (Literally I almost never hear any discussion about 2B's character) & Gundam

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Have we confirmed if there's any Lil Pump music in Ultimate yet?

On another note, what music outside of games would you like to hear/ think would be a good fit for Ultimate?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With how much I love anime and anime games, it's hard not to take it personally when I'm told I'm a novice, but I'll try not to take it personally
I mean, you're technically a novice of anything pre-2013.

if you think jojo is my favorite manga/anime (i dont watch anime lol) you're dead wrong

read berserk please this is my one chance to advertise it its really dark good

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just found our likely first party DLC candidates that's not revealed as a spirit yet:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this could be possible. If it is, I expect both male and female amiibos plz.

NineS

Smash Lord
I (Kind of) find it sad when meaningful messages get kind of forgotten just because something else becomes really popular within a game.

Case in Point: Nier: Automata (Literally I almost never hear any discussion about 2B's character) & Gundam
Thank you.
Finally, another intellectual who knows there's more to 2B than her 2B's.

I want NieR/Drakengard represented in the game, not necessarily 2B. I root for 2B because she's the most likely one to make it happen.
I want it to happen because of the messages and themes the games in the franchise try to get across, and I feel it's a franchise that's been overshadowed up until recently. Getting 2B in Smash (aside from playing as one of my favorite characters of all time) is going to spread awareness of that.

With NieR, I've seen that people at first usually come for 2B, but they stick around for the game itself.

2B for smash, and folks.
Please think with the brains in your heads for certain messages in Video Games/anime. Not just the one way down there.
Because Yoko Taro is a bit of a sadist who will end up trolling you if you do.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

if you think jojo is my favorite manga/anime (i dont watch anime lol) you're dead wrong

Bro they could barely handle episode 1 of Goblin Slayer.
Don't think most people here are ready for THE ECLIPSE.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey guys, I just found our likely first party DLC candidates that's not revealed as a spirit yet:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this could be possible. If it is, I expect both male and female amiibos plz.
Oooohhh crud...
I completely forgot

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I will say that I'm a novice when it comes to anything pre-2005 (not pre-2013 though, since I watched plenty of anime that came out between 2005 and 2013). And I have heard of Berserk, but I don't read manga. I'm sorry.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Eww please no.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Like I said, I only watch anime from the 2000s and onward. I didn't watch anime from the 80s or 90s. I've only heard of it
Sometimes is good to watch some legacy animes... but certainly would be good to know where to watch since not everything have aged great.

a couple of months ago i watched the castle of cagliostro movie and damn.. I was impressed.
I mean.. you are losing on stuff like "The vision of escaflowne"

Still sometimes mindless otaku culture can get badly on the way of an anime ... i still need to cope with the fact that "Aku no hana" will never get a second season T.T

Oh.. and shirokuma is a beacon of light for all of us pun enthusiast...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Bro they could barely handle episode 1 of Goblin Slayer.
Don't think most people here are ready for THE ECLIPSE.
I love Goblin Slayer. It's my favorite anime of this season. That is, assuming you're referring to the anime adaptation

Kingslime304

Smash Lord

I would be okay with this, especially since I do like stacking mechanics in puzzle/other games, so having it in Smash would be wonderful.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sometimes is good to watch some legacy animes... but certainly would be good to know where to watch since not everything have aged great.

a couple of months ago i watched the castle of cagliostro movie and damn.. I was impressed.
I mean.. you are losing on stuff like "The vision of escaflowne"

Still sometimes mindless otaku culture can get badly on the way of an anime ... i still need to cope with the fact that "Aku no hana" will never get a second season T.T

Oh.. and shirokuma is a beacon of light for all of us pun enthusiast...
I watched Ah My Goddess, and that anime is from the early 90s (1993, I think). Does that count?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sushi Striker would be far from the worst thing we could get as DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Other animes I've watched are Naruto, Soul Eater and Attack on Titan.

Currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho. I also intend on watching HunterxHunter, Bleach, Saint Seiya and One Punch Man.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Other animes I've watched are Naruto, Soul Eater and Attack on Titan.

Currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho. I also intend on watching HunterxHunter, Bleach, Saint Seiya and One Punch Man.
Nice. The only one of those that I've seen is Soul Eater (most of it at least). I tend to watch more obscure anime and not much mainstream stuff, but that's just me

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm sorry you feel that way. But I guess you can't please them all. I have my tastes and you have yours
Meh, I just think the manga looks far better than anime adaptations unless you're JoJo 1 & 2 or early One Punch Man. I'd give OPM more credit but the new manga artist that's redrawing all of ONE's webcomic stuff just does a far better job than the anime could hold up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom