• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Meh, I just think the manga looks far better than anime adaptations unless you're JoJo 1 & 2 or early One Punch Man. I'd give OPM more credit but the new manga artist that's redrawing all of ONE's webcomic stuff just does a far better job than the anime could hold up to.
I believe you, but I've never seen Jojo nor One Punch Man (at least not much of it). I've only heard of them, so I'm not sure how the two compare.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just found our likely first party DLC candidates that's not revealed as a spirit yet:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this could be possible. If it is, I expect both male and female amiibos plz.
Seems unlikely since it doesn’t seem like their game became especially popular (I wonder how well it actually sold?), but it would be interesting to see how they’d handle the mechanics of their game. Everyone had better watch out for the plate throwing!

Anyway tho, we’d get to rock out to the game’s theme song on their home stage.
(I guess that’d be an easy way to see if they’re not in, to check if any music from the game is available at launch, right?)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe you, but I've never seen Jojo nor One Punch Man (at least not much of it). I've only heard of them, so I'm not sure how the two compare.
It's just better, trust me.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What's the weirdest remix in Smash for you? Mine would probably be the Freakyforms medley, despite liking that track.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All this anime talk just makes me want Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars even more then ever. A pipe dream I know but I can keep hoping.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Um, are you talking about the guy from Evangelion, or someone else?
Yeah, unfortunately he can only really fight in his Eva, and it’s probably too big and purple to get in. Otherwise he would most likely have gotten in by now, people have been asking for him since Melee. I guess he doesn’t technically need the mech, but the only moves he really has outside of it are choking moves.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well with nothing to add to this manga discussion, I’ll be retiring for the night. Later, guys.
F86FE656-25F8-4FAC-A229-B34B8AEA1DAD.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So about Nintendo choosing DLC, do you think they prioritized ad characters only, or did they try to go with legacy characters?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What's the weirdest remix in Smash for you? Mine would probably be the Freakyforms medley, despite liking that track.
Why have I never heard of this track until now? Yeah this one takes the cake (or whatever they say)

FreeFox

Smash Lord
OK. Time to try to bring up a relevant subject. I will bring up a challenge. Pick the 5 DLC characters but you got to give them special costumes like Bayonetta´s or Cloud´s. Which characters so you choose and what special costumes do you give them?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sometimes is good to watch some legacy animes... but certainly would be good to know where to watch since not everything have aged great.

a couple of months ago i watched the castle of cagliostro movie and damn.. I was impressed.
I mean.. you are losing on stuff like "The vision of escaflowne"

Still sometimes mindless otaku culture can get badly on the way of an anime ... i still need to cope with the fact that "Aku no hana" will never get a second season T.T

Oh.. and shirokuma is a beacon of light for all of us pun enthusiast...
Now that's a bunch of stuff I've never heard of, but they sound like they'd be fun and entertaining

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Why have I never heard of this track until now? Yeah this one takes the cake (or whatever they say)
Probably because it's from the Miiverse stage, and the track itself is on the very bottom on that's stages music list (A place people usually don't look at).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall should watch Hajime no Ippo.
Especially if you're a fan of Little Mac... or Rocky since Ippo is basically Japanese Rocky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OK. Time to try to bring up a relevant subject. I will bring up a challenge. Pick the 5 DLC characters but you got to give them special costumes like Bayonetta´s or Cloud´s. Which characters so you choose and what special costumes do you give them?
template dlc1.png

1. Original and KI 13
2. Retro and Melee
3. Original and Xbox
4. Original Red and whatever pimp **** he's rocking now
5. Original and Modern

wow that was easy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's just 5 Marios.
Nah knowing Nintendo. It'll be five promotional characters for promotion reasons.

Byleth or Edelgard to promote Three Houses
Daemon x Machina character to promote Daemon x Machina
Gen 8 Pokemon to promote the next Gen Pokemon
King Boo to promote Luigi's Mansion 3
Sylux to promote Metroid Prime 4

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Probably because it's from the Miiverse stage, and the track itself is on the very bottom on that's stages music list (A place people usually don't look at).
Hmm... Well I don't have Smash Wii U, but from the playlist I saw on YouTube, it didn't have this song

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah knowing Nintendo. It'll be five promotional characters to promotion reasons.

Byleth or Edelgard to promote Three Houses
Daemon x Machina character to promote Daemon x Machina
Gen 8 Pokemon to promote the next Gen Pokemon
King Boo to promote Luigi's Mansion 3
Sylux to promote Metroid Prime 4
Is joke.

Speaking of coming out (ha), when is the next poster?
There you go (would make a great official poster imo):

(The artist is nin-mario64, you can find wallpapers of each fighter on his/her devianart too, this one is a bit cramped so it's hard appreciate the full quality of his/her work, just take a look at his/her devianart if you want to see all of them)

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The **** are they promoting that's legacy? Is Ice Climber getting a gritty reboot?
They don’t need to promote anything new, as Nintendo Switch Online NES and Arcade Archives exist. Remember that Duck Hunt being added to the Wii U’s VC was promoted alongside Duck Hunt in Smash IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom