• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Oh wow...didn’t see that Crono spirit coming.

I knew there was talk of a Square Enix character but Square Enix content?

This just got interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh wow...didn’t see that Crono spirit coming.

I knew there was talk of a Square Enix character but Square Enix content?

This just got interesting.
Square isn't as stingy as people think they are. People really thought just because the composer wanted technically his music meant everything else was in prison and Square would never allow them to be used ever.

i mean if you deny sakurai i'm pretty sure you're asking to go to hell

D

Deleted member

Square isn't as stingy as people think they are. People really thought just because the composer wanted technically his music meant everything else was in prison and Square would never allow them to be used ever.

i mean if you deny sakurai i'm pretty sure you're asking to go to hell
I never saw Square as a greedy company, but a third party company that has bad luck with some licenses.

D

Deleted member

After the release of Ultimate, will the Smash4 gain "Melee" status or it will be forgotten?
Not forgotten, but definitely displaced like Brawl was. Melee is an anomaly that will probably never happen again.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I will actually laugh if it happens. I couldn't wait to see the distraught and destruction.
>Literally every SE candidate ever are Spirits
>SE DLC is actually Cloud's ech- I mean Lightning.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

QUOTE="Diem, post: 22737257, member: 400053"]Kirby, Metroid, and DK only need four characters each in order to have everyone they'd need.

Somehow, Metroid got there first. (yayyy) It doesn't need any more characters until Sylux returns.

Kirby just needs either Bandana Waddle Dee or Marx to round out its representation.

And DK just needs Dixie Kong to round out its roster.

I don't think that's too many for any of them. The fact that people think Kirby, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, having three characters is too much is just baffling.[/QUOTE]
I think I’d baffling that people think Zelda doesn’t need a newcomer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
But have you completely missed the previous discussion of cutting veterans?

Plenty of times on this thing we call 'internet' I've come across complaints about veterans taking up development time that could've been spent on newcomers.

There's no denying that "everyone is here" was incredible hype to many of the smash community. But looking at the big picture I just feel like plenty of people prefer newer characters over veterans at least when you compare those people to the fanbase of other fighting games.

Or a certain group of people are just really vocal about the roster
Most of the complaints about "Everyone is Here" I've seen come from people who played Smash 4 for like a week when it came out and then didn't touch it ever again. So they're not really the audience that needs to be catered to, because they'll probably pick up Ultimate for a week and then shelve it, too.

Whereas everyone I've seen who's played Smash 4 consistently over the past 4 years has been super hyped for "Everyone is Here." My favorite is Maximilian and his friends, who when Sakurai said "We believe that this is what players want," he and his friends said "Yes," and "You're right."

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
So many candidates for DLC getting "deconfirmed" (Yeah I'm one of those who thinks spirits deconfirm characters). Seems like the chances for the DLC being from either 3rd parties (Sora, Steve) or from new upcoming games (Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokemon gen 8) are increasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom