• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I don't remember people complaining about too much Zelda. Kirby, sure, but that was mostly in Brawl days.
Kirby, Metroid, and DK only need four characters each in order to have everyone they'd need.

Somehow, Metroid got there first. (yayyy) It doesn't need any more characters until Sylux returns.

Kirby just needs either Bandana Waddle Dee or Marx to round out its representation.

And DK just needs Dixie Kong to round out its roster.

I don't think that's too many for any of them. The fact that people think Kirby, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, having three characters is too much is just baffling.

D

Deleted member

You know, I don’t even care about Bandana Dee not making it in cause now we have Bandana Pichu.

It’s even the same color but with a logo.
We all know the only Pichu alt people are gonna use is this one

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't think former smash players would dig that versus series playstyle tbh

I'd rather see a manga vs comic crossover fighting game which would presumably draw a lot of money in too

Superman vs Goku is one of the most recognizable match-ups in pop-culture after all
I'd be down for that ideal crossover game too as well. Man so many potential ideal crossover games...*Drools*

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah I remember people complaining Kirby and Zelda had way too many characters, was so annoying. They were always getting straw all over the place too.
As far as I experienced no one complained about Kirby having too many characters, if anyone did they were a very small minority. It was widely accepted that both Meta Knight and Dedede deserved it, hell the latter was probably the most wanted character for the game not named Sonic.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Which is why I think the approach should be the one I suggested. It'd definitely be different and not to mention gamings most iconic company against mangas/animes most iconic company both Japanese owned. Plus imagine the gameplay being a hybrid of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Super Smash Bros. as well as a new director being helmed and Sakurai being the supervisor for movesets. Who wouldn't buy that?
>make smash by making it not smash
Chief called and said you're banned from presenting ideas to him.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
With a lot of people saying that they love "Everyone is Here" and that they'd rather have all the veterans return than have more newcomers, I actually don't see it.
But have you completely missed the previous discussion of cutting veterans?

Plenty of times on this thing we call 'internet' I've come across complaints about veterans taking up development time that could've been spent on newcomers.

There's no denying that "everyone is here" was incredible hype to many of the smash community. But looking at the big picture I just feel like plenty of people prefer newer characters over veterans at least when you compare those people to the fanbase of other fighting games.

Or a certain group of people are just really vocal about the roster

D

Deleted member

Don't think former smash players would dig that versus series playstyle tbh

I'd rather see a manga vs comic crossover fighting game which would presumably draw a lot of money in too

Superman vs Goku is one of the most recognizable match-ups in pop-culture after all
That game must include the Fantastic Four and Superman.

There isn’t any excuse: both made DC and Marvel what they are today, so they deserve to be a lock.

D

Deleted member

As far as I experienced no one complained about Kirby having too many characters, if anyone did they were a very small minority. It was widely accepted that both Meta Knight and Dedede deserved it, hell the latter was probably the most wanted character for the game not named Sonic.
Again, was a joke.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>make smash by making it not smash
Chief called and said you're banned from presenting ideas to him.
It'd be called Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars.

Edit: Oh you were talking about the gameplay. Whelp that makes things difficult then...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We got Chrono!? Wow, I didn't even think we'd get a SE character and it's Chrono! Hype.

Roy in Clock Tower with green Greninja and yellow R.O.B., attention to detail though.
Sora got more likely now.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my oppinion on Xander involves him...

I prefer the spanish announcer over Xander when playing Smash (This means that i like his voice in anything but the game itself).

It happened at my grandfather house: i had my 3DS with Smash on it, and i decided to try out the english voice to check if it was as good as people made it out to be...

At first, i actually found it neat and cute... But after some time it got annoying. The voice started to take out from me the attention and suspense of the fight, and it’s loudy way to speak started being boring and repetitive after some time.

In the end, i decided to go back with the spanish voice, who may be less excited, but at least keeps the neutrality on every match, feeling to me like something more quiet and straight for the gameplay.

Do anything, even prank my account for the third time in a row if you wish... I don’t care. I will keep playing with the spanish voice, while checking Xander just for the trailers and Directs. You won’t make me change this, because Xander just didn’t work for me.
Just curious, where are you from? I find weird finding someone who likes the spanish voice more. Also if I remember correctly, most people from North and South America dislike it, because it has a spaniard accent.

I'm from Spain, and the first day I got the game, I had to change my Wii U's language just to get the english voice. The spanish one didn't feel right, didn't feel like Smash. And I really didn't like the lack of enthusiasm. (It also felt weird having character names different, and most of my Smash friends are american, so when talking to them i'd end up confusing the names)

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My turn...
CAUTION: OBVIOUS BIAS FOR CERTAIN FRANCHISES AHEAD
Super Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina:
Donkey Kong::ultdk::ultdiddy:
The Legend of Zelda::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

Metroid: :ultsamus::ultridley:
Yoshi's Island: :ultyoshi:
Kirby's Dreamland: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:

Star Fox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Pokemon: :ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:Victini
Earthbound: :ultness::ultlucas:
F-Zero: :ultfalcon:
Ice Climbers: :ulticeclimbers:
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:

Game & Watch: :ultgnw:
Kid Icarus::ultpit::ultpalutena:
Warioware: :ultwario:
Pikmin: :ultolimar:
R.O.B.: :ultrob:
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Wii Fit: :ultwiifittrainer:
Punch-Out!: :ultlittlemac:
Mii: :ultmiifighters:
Xenoblade: :ultshulk:

Duck Hunt: :ultduckhunt:
Splatoon: :ultinkling:
Rhythm Heaven:

Metal Gear: :ultsnake:
Sonic: :ultsonic:
Mega Man: :ultmegaman:
Pac-Man: :ultpacman:
Final Fantasy: :ultcloud:
Castlevania: :ultsimon:
Minecraft:
Crap, I forgot a Rhythym Heaven rep. Looks like my roster would be 61, haha

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Or a certain group of people are just really vocal about the roster
Well y'know, silent majority and all that.
People that feel strongly one way or another will explain how they feel.

But I feel in general, people are afraid of change and would rather what they know and like return, especially if they have an emotional attachment to said thing.

_TAZZ

Smash Rookie
On the topic of adding/cutting caracters: what is the maximum amont of caracters a smash game should have? Minumum amount?
It is nice to have a lot of caracters, but how many could we fit in one game without being too exesive? How many caracters should next iterations of smash have at least considering ultimate upped the bar so high?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm hearing a lot of talk about crossover fighting games.

And I think what you guys are describing is MUGEN.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars is a pipe dream of mine. Doubt it'll ever happen with Super Smash Bros. vs. Capcom probably being much more likely but man can I just dream or what...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just curious, where are you from? I find weird finding someone who likes the spanish voice more. Also if I remember correctly, most people from North and South America dislike it, because it has a spaniard accent.

I'm from Spain, and the first day I got the game, I had to change my Wii U's language just to get the english voice. The spanish one didn't feel right, didn't feel like Smash. And I really didn't like the lack of enthusiasm. (It also felt weird having character names different, and most of my Smash friends are american, so when talking to them i'd end up confusing the names)
From the Canary Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom