• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think I’d baffling that people think Zelda doesn’t need a newcomer.
Because it doesn't "need" one.

Hell, none of the series "needs" a character. Would it be nice if they got one? Yeah.
But people need to stop acting as though it is an absolute necessity. Because clearly it isn't if we've managed to go so far without it.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
All it's going to take is for a DLC character to be a spirit and everyone will be like:
"WELL DUH! We knew that spitz could still be playable *Snorts*!" -People saying spirits de-confirm characters 2k18.
Or
"I WAS RIGHT HURHURHURH *Farts*" - People saying spirits do not de-confirm characters 2k18.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
A little late to this...but if i could add five, at the expense of cutting five(even tho I don't really think i would want to)

Add:
Elma(Xenoblade)
BWB(Kirby)
Dixie(Donkey Kong)
Geno(not for me, but for his fans, I am a martyr i guess;-*)
Either Banjo or Edlegard(Kinda leaning towards edelgard on this one but Banjo is cool)

Cut ;-(
Dark Pit(Edgy pit, i don't not like him at all...i just...really forget he exists...sorry :( )
Chrom(idk funny he got in for memes but another fire emblem echo really annoys me when it seems that the series has a ton of moveset potntial)
Wolf(Would rather cut falco but he is so beloved so alas, also don't obliterate me i guess)
Greninja(Also controversial but they just dont do anything for me, I think Jigglypuff is more iconic for casual fans (in my OPINION) as all my friends know who she is an NONE of them play videogames)
Dr. Mario(Kind of funny, but i also forget he is there 900% of them time)

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
With that tweet I posted above, this tweet becomes more sad
There was a problem fetching the tweet

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
It's funny to thing that, we have Kaz Miller spirit in the game.

When you level up that guy, he will lose his arm and his leg lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So what are everyone's opinions? Do you guys think this game will be the Melee Killer? Why or why not?
If anything it'll be a Melee Assimilation, it may make big names walk a Trail of Tears to Ultimate, but not ultimately kill it. It'll still keep going for a good few years at top rates unless Ultimate proves to be something more. "Killing" melee is not something one can just do on a whim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because it doesn't "need" one.

Hell, none of the series "needs" a character. Would it be nice if they got one? Yeah.
But people need to stop acting as though it is an absolute necessity. Because clearly it isn't if we've managed to go so far without it.
Well, excuse you. Forgive me for asking for one of my favorite series to have a bone thrown at them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did you not read the tweet
Did you not watch the direct? That's not what the translator said, and if you can use your expert Japanese that you've totally displayed to translate the original for us.

If the Grinch taught you anything, it should've been don't be gullible. And you're being very gullible.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
God now I'm going to need to go through all the Spirit Board videos to see where this comes from.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be real disappointed if that Crono spirit turns out to be fake because
>Timed Stamina Battle
>On Umbra Clocktower Stage
**** me man it'd ne perfect
EDIT: I didn't even notice the Green Greninja and ROB **** man please let this be real

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't buy it.
"Losing their physical form" shouldn't mean a deconfirmation, Mewtwo/Lucas argument is still a strong bearing.
No, it really isn't.

Trophies served no purpose whatsoever other than neat collectables.
Spirits actually affect gameplay.

It makes no sense for say, Bandana Dee to be able to be equipped with a Spirit by the same name and identity.
The italicized is important because while we have cases like K. Rool and Wii Fit Trainer...
King K. Rool can be equipped with a "Kaptain K. Rool" Spirit and Wii Fit Trainer with a "Tree Pose" Spirit that happens to use another Trainer as reference.

We have yet to see any case where a fighter can be equipped by their own Spirit; rather like Daisy shows, they get their OWN special kind of Spirit that can't be equipped.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Did you not watch the direct? That's not what the translator said, and if you can use your expert Japanese that you've totally displayed to translate the original for us.

If the Grinch taught you anything, it should've been don't be gullible.
I'm not wasting my time with you, so don't bother replying to me again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How will people react if the "Minecraft representation" is Steve being shown as a Spirit? So many souls would be crushed but at the same time increase Banjo's chances. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom