• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Looking at the Crono/Roy picture again, it seems fake because Roy's eyes aren't red but I don't know if that's just for WoL. Sorry guys. :(

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, it really isn't.

Trophies served no purpose whatsoever other than neat collectables.
Spirits actually affect gameplay.

It makes no sense for say, Bandana Dee to be able to be equipped with a Spirit by the same name and identity.
The italicized is important because while we have cases like K. Rool and Wii Fit Trainer...
King K. Rool can be equipped with a "Kaptain K. Rool" Spirit and Wii Fit Trainer with a "Tree Pose" Spirit that happens to use another Trainer as reference.

We have yet to see any case where a fighter can be equipped by their own Spirit; rather like Daisy shows, they get their OWN special kind of Spirit that can't be equipped.
I guess, but can't they change it via patches?

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
"Loyal". Yes, this is very polite, let's go with that.
LOL.

Remember that english is not my mother tongue, maybe that's why I sound like a gentleman haha.

Speaking of Melee fans, I gave that conclusion because I do know a Melee fanboy, for him Ultimate is just Smash 4 Deluxe, and because of that he hates this new game lol.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
So spirits deconfirm characters ?
I need your opinions
I guess so, I mean...most of the ""fighter"" spirits are alternative versions of themselves and not the actual fighter, and that's the most common excuse "Fighters are also spirits you fricks", except it's not a good excuse as...well, they differentiate from the fighter.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If spirits don't deconfirm dlc then I hope the first dlc character makes that clear. Need to inject some optimism into all of you.

Unless we're getting exclusively third party dlc D:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still don't believe in Spirits de-confirming characters and most likely never will. There's almost 700 to a thousand of them due to varying reports. That's A LOT of all-stars that would be de-confirmed just based on their PNG being in the game alone.

So if Crono were to be real. He'd still very much be in the running to be considered for DLC.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not wasting my time with you, so don't bother replying to me again
Someone's got anger issues.

No, it really isn't.

Trophies served no purpose whatsoever other than neat collectables.
Spirits actually affect gameplay.

It makes no sense for say, Bandana Dee to be able to be equipped with a Spirit by the same name and identity.
The italicized is important because while we have cases like K. Rool and Wii Fit Trainer...
King K. Rool can be equipped with a "Kaptain K. Rool" Spirit and Wii Fit Trainer with a "Tree Pose" Spirit that happens to use another Trainer as reference.

We have yet to see any case where a fighter can be equipped by their own Spirit; rather like Daisy shows, they get their OWN special kind of Spirit that can't be equipped.
Time will tell, then.
If Nintendo chose DLC, what would happen in the scenario when they chose someone like Geno? Would Sakurai have to tell them "Sorry fellas, he's a Spirit, it wouldn't make sense."?

Looking at the Crono/Roy picture again, it seems fake because Roy's eyes aren't red. Sorry guys. :(
That's not how it works?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
You know, I'm a Bandana Deefender, it's wrote in my signature, but I must make this bad joke :

BANDANA DEECONFIRMED :troll:
I'm sorry lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Looking at the Crono/Roy picture again, it seems fake because Roy's eyes aren't red. Sorry guys. :(
Doesn't prove anything, on the Board of Spirit mode the characters doesn't have red eyes, however...

Uh- okay, after taking 5 min to go into my computer and check that Crono picture, I'm sure it's fake, they couldn't even cut the Umbra Stage icon correctly. It's just a mock-up.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I still don't believe in Spirits de-confirming characters and most likely never will. There's almost 700 to a thousand of them due to varying reports. That's A LOT of all-stars that would be de-confirmed just based on their PNG being in the game alone.

So if Crono were to be real. He'd still very much be in the running to be considered for DLC.
I mean there's also the fact that if Spirits were deconfirmations, then it'd be really easy to just look at who isn't in the game and make conclusions from that.

Unless every DLC is third party or brand new.

IDK, it's iffy and I can really see it going both ways. Some confirmation one way or the other would be nice.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So spirits deconfirm characters ?
I need your opinions
Personally don't think so, until we see anything that as much as hints at the contrary I'm going to assume they're being treated as no different than trophies in that regard, it's the safest bet at this point.

If they do, then we already know our first party DLC characters: a FE:TH rep, a Gen 8 Pokémon, and maaaaybe Sylux at a stretch, every other actual candidate is dead at this point.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Doesn't prove anything, on the Board of Spirit mode the characters doesn't have red eyes, however...

Uh- okay, after taking 5 min to go into my computer and check that Crono picture, I'm sure it's fake, they couldn't even cut the Umbra Stage icon correctly. It's just a mock-up.
I figured, but the biggest give away was that no one can even provide a source for where it came from.

D

Deleted member

I guess, but can't they change it via patches?
You do realize that's the most common question asked when anything seemingly disconfirms something, right? :V

Yes, technically patches can change a Spirit/Assist/whatever for the sake of a new character.
But it's more farfetched than a wild duck carrying a leek. :083:

EDIT: Forgot this emote existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Crash and Sylux are likely now, since they are surviving the Spirit massacre at the moment.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I'm really torn about whether spirits deconfirm characters. On one hand, I do believe that they do...as that is their "Nod" and how they are incorporated into the game. And it kind of begs the question of if they thought of this great unique way to mimic how that spirit would fight in the game, why wouldn't they have added them in the first place(Yes i know resources and time but still..)

ON the other hand, there seems to be VERY minimal characters left that could be DLC...truly. It really would be all third party or promotional picks. I also feel like with a patch, they could edit the spirits of the DLC characters out, and put a new one in their place.

Watch it be something like
"We never considered spirits to deconfirm characters...we just so happened to chose 5 characters that we had not made spirits out of as our DLC!"
and everyone is wrong(per usual)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile I'm just over the moon that we got a Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. remix.

Imagine living in a world where Henry Fleming is a DLC character. Japan would be so confused. I'd love it.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
WC thinking.

Why was Wolf cut?

Snake and Ice Climber is understandable, one being third partie and the other for technical difficulties.

Lucas came back as DLC at least.

But why Wolf was cut ? Makes no sense.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As far as I remember, there was no actual quote that deconfirmed spirits from being real characters too.

It's possible someone exaggerated a statement.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm really torn about whether spirits deconfirm characters. On one hand, I do believe that they do...as that is their "Nod" and how they are incorporated into the game. And it kind of begs the question of if they thought of this great unique way to mimic how that spirit would fight in the game, why wouldn't they have added them in the first place(Yes i know resources and time but still..)

ON the other hand, there seems to be VERY minimal characters left that could be DLC...truly. It really would be all third party or promotional picks. I also feel like with a patch, they could edit the spirits of the DLC characters out, and put a new one in their place.

Watch it be something like
"We never considered spirits to deconfirm characters...we just so happened to chose 5 characters that we had not made spirits out of as our DLC!"
and everyone is wrong(per usual)
Not sure if "deconfimation" is a word in Sakurai's dictionary. Considering how he revealed the Assist Trophies, it's possible that they are not too hung up on what speculation community thinks.

D

Deleted member

WC thinking.

Why was Wolf cut?

Snake and Ice Climber is understandable, one being third partie and the other for technical difficulties.

Lucas came back as DLC at least.

But why Wolf was cut ? Makes no sense.
You have a point there.
He didn’t need to be scrapped.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Look at Smash For DLC. Trophies might as well deconfirm the unique newcomers in there, since :ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin: were brand new to Smash.
Funny how you and a lot of people seem to use trophies for these comebacks, when trophies do not and never had effected the actual gameplay, meanwhile spirits absolutely do. Almost as if you can't come up with a logical comeback and would rather use a non significant part of a game to use as a comeback to say Spirits don't deconfirm characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom