• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No, I'm referencing the fact that we already have one or more pokemon reps each gen.
Well, to be fair I guess Melee's second character was a Pikachu clone, but Brawl had like... FOUR newcomers.
Very true. It is at least one every game, which is fine, but yeah four was a bit much

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My roster would instantly be better than any of you because I wouldn't cut characters just because I don't like them.
Aren't you one of the people who said they'd load the game with Fire Emblem just to spite everyone else? That doesn't seem like the moral high road :laugh:

osby

Smash Obsessed
In my fantasy world where I'm in charge I bend the rules and put Waluigi under the WarioWare franchise in an almost OC-like capacity. Maybe by the time the next Smash is out he'll have made a proper appearance in that series? Like I said, for now, just breaking the rules.
I'd rather get a real WarioWare character instead of a spin-off OC, but got it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, this might not be the most popular opinion, but I'd be completely fine with cuts if what we got in return was of equal or greater value.
Especially at the point where the amount of characters is biting into the originality of those characters and the other content in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aren't you one of the people who said they'd load the game with Fire Emblem just to spite everyone else? That doesn't seem like the moral high road :laugh:
Oh wow I just got owned!
You forgot Zoe Petshop

I'm feeling better now btw
Zoe Petshop, alongside Boshi, are found as unused characters in the files. They have no models or animations, just their file names. They're never added to the game.

D

Deleted member

Zoe Petshop, alongside Boshi, are found as unused characters in the files. They have no models or animations, just their file names. They're never added to the game.
Oh well at least that's something.
:crying:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Honestly, this might not be the most popular opinion, but I'd be completely fine with cuts if what we got in return was of equal or greater value.
Especially at the point where the amount of characters is biting into the originality of those characters and the other content in the game.
What is considered 'of equal or greater value' though?

osby

Smash Obsessed
How does he have Kirby and Star Fox bias?
In Brawl days, people used to blame Sakurai with special treatment to those two, even though Pokemon got more characters than them.

Wii Fit Trainer is equal to Snake.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
In Brawl days, people used to blame Sakurai with special treatment to those two, even though Pokemon got more characters than them.
Why? Star Fox got literally one character in the Brawl days where does the idea that there was bias for it come from?

D

Deleted member

I wish Sakurai would do this just to mess with people. Have some empty folders labeled "robin" or "gothiruselle" and let people go nuts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because I'm strange, obviously! And the background doesn't match at all to the Find Mii stage. Since no one has been able to figure it out, I think it's safe to say that we have ourselves a NEW stage confirmation!! Unless it's just for adventure mode or a boss fight...
Or it's just Omega Find Mii and the floor is hot lava as is with a lot of Spirit mode matches

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why? Star Fox got literally one character in the Brawl days where does the idea that there was bias for it come from?
Because Wolf was "just another Fox clone". Plus Star Fox had more characters than DKC and Metroid and no franchise except Big Three is allowed to have more characters than them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wow I just got owned!

The Fantastic Four were also planned as a tribute to Stan Lee, but due to harassment from X-Men fanboys, the team got forced to scrap them and add Wolverine instead, who wasn’t created by Stan Lee.

Superman was also planned to be included due to the potential that he had for a moveset and the attitude of the character, but DC tortured the team to include yet another Batman appearance to shove in the face of everyone his anniversary before it even happened. DC also made a deal to turn Smash into Batman King: The Fighting Game for the anniversary of the character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How to make Smash 6 suck.
No doubt about it that 1/3 of the roster will be cut. Which is why I still think the next best approach is a vs. crossover fighting game in the same vain as Marvel vs. Capcom.

I'm thinking Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars and this is my ideal roster for such a game.

Super Smash Bros.:
1. Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
2. Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
3. Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
4. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
5. Yoshi (Yoshi)
6. Wario (WarioWare)
7. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
8. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
9. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
10. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
11. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
12. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
13. Samus (Metroid)
14. Ridley (Metroid)
15. Kirby (Kirby)
16. Meta Knight (Kirby)
17. King Dedede (Kirby)
18. Fox (StarFox)
19. Pikachu (Pokemon)
20. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
21. Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
22. Lucario (Pokemon)
23. Ness (EarthBound)
24. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
25. Marth (Fire Emblem)
26. Lucina (Fire Emblem)
27. Ike (Fire Emblem)
28. Robin (Fire Emblem)
29. Pit (Kid Icarus)
30. Palutena (Kid Icarus)
31. Olimar (Pikmin)
32. Villager (Animal Crossing)
33. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
34. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
35. Inkling (Splatoon)
36. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
37. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
38. R.O.B. (R.O.B.)
39. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
40. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog); Guest Character

Jump Stars:
1. Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
2. Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
3. Gohan (Dragon Ball Z)
4. Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
5. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
6. Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
7. Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
8. Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
9. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
10. Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
11. Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)
12. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
13. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
14. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
15. Sanji (One Piece)
16. Blackbeard (One Piece)
17. Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
18. Katsuki Bakugou (My Hero Academia)
19. All-Might (My Hero Academia)
20. All For One (My Hero Academia)
21. Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
22. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
23. Gon Freecss (HunterxHunter)
24. Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter)
25. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
26. Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
27. Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
28. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventures)
29. Toriko (Toriko)
30. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
31. Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
32. Light Yagami (Death Note)
33. Gintoki Sakata (Gin Tama)
34. Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)
35. Medaka (Medaka Box)
36. Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
37. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
38. Ryo Saeba (City Hunter)
39. Asta (Black Clover)
40. Saitama (One Punch Man); Guest Character

Come on guys. You know you all want it. You cannot fight the temptation. :p

D

Deleted member

Because Star Fox had more characters than DK and Metroid. That's the comparison point to the Smash fanbase.
"If X>Y where X=number of characters in that franchise and Y=number of DK/Metroid characters, then series=overreped and Sakurai=biased"

osby

Smash Obsessed
So is this about people still being traumatized by Melee Spacies cause its the only way it makes sense to me
Maybe because "Fox and Meta Knight are broken because Sakurai bias" was a thing. Fast forward to 2018 and now Fox is only character allowed to be broken.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways still at the moment trying to think who the 10 DLC characters should be. Five from Super Smash Bros. and five from Jump Stars totaling a roster count of 90.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That'll depend on the person and what they individually value of course.

Personally, I'd happily slice off a decent amount of less popular stages like 75m or Palutena's temple or some variant veterans if what it meant was more characters, more unique character, or better single-player content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom