• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How would you guys react if in Metroid Prime 4, Sylux is actually revealed to be a girl, like Samus in the original Metroid. I know that Sylux has been referred to as male before, but only in text, which is the same as Samus in the original Metroid manual. So it could happen.
I’d be dissapointed that they just decided to re-use an old trope they themselves made popular. You can’t do the same twist twice.

D

Deleted member

How would you guys react if in Metroid Prime 4, Sylux is actually revealed to be a girl, like Samus in the original Metroid. I know that Sylux has been referred to as male before, but only in text, which is the same as Samus in the original Metroid manual. So it could happen.
I wouldn’t mind it at all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Waluigi is the XXXTentacion of smash bros
I. I think you could bring up any dead person and compare them to Waluigi in that case, because that's the only similarity between Waluigi and xxxtentacion.

Though going by your logic, does that make Ashley lil peep?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly this might be the only Smash original character I'd accept. It'd be a neat little weird way to say ''This was almost Smash's legacy."
Another poster in there said that it would represent Iwata's legacy, given his input on 64's development alongside Sakurai.

In other words, Dragon King--Iwata--would be the one responsible for gathering almost every Nintendo character in history together at the start of World of Light.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That's a little too meta. Only people who've watched Did You Know Gaming will have a chance of understanding it. Sakurai said that even adding Iwata/Reggie/Miyamoto as characters would be limited in their appeal, I don't see how he'd add a reference to the Smash 64 prototype that only tiny percentage of players will know.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I believe that Pit secretly knows who Daisy is as a individual, and that the reason why he seems suspicious to her, is only to **** with Palutena and Viridi's minds.

NineS

Smash Lord
Bigger plot twist: Sylux isn't human, a he, or a she. Like Dark Samus, Sylux is just a highly evolved sentient Metroid who hates the Federation because they continue try to wipe out Metroid-Kind and abuse their power, and hates Samus because she helped them do it.

Hence, why it can still be called "Metroid Prime". There is still a living Metroid Prime in 4 despite the original (Dark Samus) being gone, and that is Sylux.
according to this theory, anyway.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

Bigger plot twist: Sylux isn't human, a he, or a she. Like Dark Samus, Sylux is just a highly evolved sentient Metroid who hates the Federation because they continue try to wipe out Metroid-Kind and abuse their power, and hates Samus because she helped them do it.
That sounds way better.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Still so damn confused over that statement on Geno

Does that mean he's deconfirmed
Or likelier
Does it even matter

I mean this btw https://gonintendo.com/stories/3230...ear-your-requests-for-waluigi-and-geno-in-sma
It's basic PR Talk, i wouldn't use it as evidence for or against anything.
Even if it's someone from Nintendo itself, they'd just giggle and go,

"Yep, we know you want them. Doesn't mean we're gonna do **** with them, lmao"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
DIdn't Reggie say that current fan-demand didn't impact the DLC choices? Geno could still be in the running due to being requested longer, but I don't think Waluigi has a shot at all in season 1 at least.
Season 2 better be an AT promotion pack.

-Waluigi
-Ashley
-Krystal
-Skull Kid
-Isaac

Make it happen Nintendo bros

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Tell that to Microsoft’s latest conference.
Yeah, uh, why did they hold the X018 exactly?

Like, they didn't have to hold a show to tell us **** all, but they did anyway. I thought we'd get a Gears update of some sort, considering they've got three games in the pipeline.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Season 2 better be an AT promotion pack.

-Waluigi
-Ashley
-Krystal
-Skull Kid
-Isaac

Make it happen Nintendo bros
That'd be highly underwhelming and we all know it.

Season 2 would be filling in the blanks. Something like this:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Chorus Men
  • Tails
  • Rayman
  • Crash Bandicoot/Monster Hunter

D

Deleted member

Yeah, uh, why did they hold the X018 exactly?

Like, they didn't have to hold a show to tell us **** all, but they did anyway. I thought we'd get a Gears update of some sort, considering they've got three games in the pipeline.
To capitalise on PlayStation experience being cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
No one seems to talk about Dracula's Castle in terms of it's legality. It might be because of the "Bath Tub" in the middle, or the stairs being campy, but I kind of wish it was at least talked about.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That'd be highly underwhelming and we all know it.

Season 2 would be filling in the blanks. Something like this:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Chorus Men
  • Tails
  • Rayman
  • Crash Bandicoot/Monster Hunter
Definitely joking, but personally Isaac should most certainly be a "promoted" character on the account of his franchise having zero reps save for one AT and some music.

Hell, give me Felix or his son, I wouldn't mind

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I heard from stealth

That cloud may have Ben the last one added to the base roster

And square is not assumed that cloud is not dlc again

Not to mention 0 of the spirits spotted involve Square Enix in anyway

And crash and sylux haven’t Ben seen yet either

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To capitalise on PlayStation experience being cancelled.
Yeah, but... like... in order to capitalize on something, you need something with which to do the capitalizing.

I could've capitalized on it too, but I don't have any games to show, either.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I heard from stealth

That cloud may have Ben the last one added to the base roster

And square is not assumed that cloud is not dlc again

Not to mention 0 of the spirits spotted involve Square Enix in anyway

And crash and sylux haven’t Ben seen yet either
I really wouldn't trust Stealth nowadays

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Anyone else still absolutely stunned we get 6 more characters on top of a pretty balanced, 74 character roster to begin with? Like **** I can't even complain if the DLC picks were bad, we got probably the best newcomers the franchise has seen and there are like 10 of them

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but... like... in order to capitalize on something, you need something with which to do the capitalizing.

I could've capitalized on it too, but I don't have any games to show, either.
Hey, I’m just trying to rationalise it. I don’t know what the **** is going on in the heads of the guys who manage xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom