• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I heard from stealth

That cloud may have Ben the last one added to the base roster

And square is not assumed that cloud is not dlc again

Not to mention 0 of the spirits spotted involve Square Enix in anyway

And crash and sylux haven’t Ben seen yet either
I'm sorry buy WHAT?

I need 50ccs of source, STAT.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A better twist for Sylux would be some crazy ass **** like him being Samus's brother.

Yes, the long lost sibling trope is tired and what not, but that'd actually be interesting to see what it'd do to Samus's character to find that she has family out there and not only family but family that hates her for some reason.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That'd be highly underwhelming and we all know it.

Season 2 would be filling in the blanks. Something like this:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Chorus Men
  • Tails
  • Rayman
  • Crash Bandicoot/Monster Hunter
That's like my dream lineup...
I'd have no problems with any of them

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh something accured to me

Who could Isabelle’s last boss be

Her classic mode involves all female characters

It can’t be rathalos because it rathalos is male it would have to be rathian to fit

So a female boss perhaps?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Explain to me why TPC. You're the only one I trust to.
I need more of a mental beating today
Square Enix and Nintendo have no reason to put forward a character that a small, niche community of vocal fans request. Especially when they have characters with larger fanbases that could draw people into Smash.

The SE Rep is either going to be Sora or a DQ character, and it'll coincide with the release of games in those series' releases on Nintendo Switch. People buy a Nintendo Switch to play that series (they'll market the portability up the wazoo) and pick up Smash and the DLC fighter alongside it.

There's more, but Geno isn't happening, and I would not hold out hopes for anything more than the Mii Costume returning.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ok chief I am not at all trying to be rude but what does this mean
It means nothing, Stealth__ is probably the last person you should listen to as an Insiders. He said that Banjo and Geno would be DLC, threw a fit about Vergeben and other **** like that-
FF might get no Spirits, but it's not that hard to understand, and he's probably wrong already since there is an high change that Geno is in as a Spirits.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'm sorry buy WHAT?

I need 50ccs of source, STAT.
Here ya go Chief.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Where does he even mention Geno in the interview?
The question was if he was suprised by popular characters like Geno and Waluigi.

Pretty generic response overall, but I don't think it's doing either characters any favors.

I heard from stealth

That cloud may have Ben the last one added to the base roster

And square is not assumed that cloud is not dlc again

Not to mention 0 of the spirits spotted involve Square Enix in anyway

And crash and sylux haven’t Ben seen yet either
Setting Stealth aside, I wouldn't put too much stock in the lack of certain Spirits. Elma and BWD were mysteriously missing until today, and I'd imagine other popular characters will pop up over time as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve been thinking about it recently, and I’m starting to think the SE rep is another final fantasy character. Could explain the lack of FF content in the base game, as square might want to keep it for dlc so they can share profits. There are other reasons too though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The question was if he was suprised by popular characters like Geno and Waluigi.
Pretty generic response overall, but I don't think it's doing either characters any favors.

Setting Stealth aside, I wouldn't put too much stock in the lack of certain Spirits. Elma and BWD were mysteriously missing until today, and I'd imagine other popular characters will pop up over time as well.
To be fair, I think assuming there aren't any Square Enix spirits in the base game is a pretty safe assumption, given the... circumstances.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve been thinking about it recently, and I’m starting to think the SE rep is another final fantasy character. Could explain the lack of Ff content in the base game, as square might want to keep it for dlc so the can share profits. There are other reasons too though.
Chocobo time boys.

D

Deleted member

Do you have a link to the full interview?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’ve been thinking about it recently, and I’m starting to think the SE rep is another final fantasy character. Could explain the lack of Ff content in the base game, as square might want to keep it for dlc so the can share profits. There are other reasons too though.
Don't make me post Agnes dabbing again. That one already shaved twenty years off my life.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A bit of a wasted opportunity on Nintendo's end if that's what they really wanted. I would've pushed for a second franchise.

Then again, I suppose I don't know all of the circumstances revolving around SE negotiations.

Do you have a link to the full interview?
It was posted somewhere on the previous page.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so i hear people have gotten their hands on ultimate and while im wishing to avoid spoilers had there been any word on the old amiibo unlock rumor that i dont recall being proved or disproved?

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here ya go Chief.
It makes sense. Sakurai talked about the difficulties getting third party characters, and he easily could've been writing about the recently finished Cloud negotiations.

If there's one thing this speculation cycle has taught me, it's that Square Enix is an interesting company to work with.

Wonder how this effects a DQ rep or Chrono though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Here ya go Chief.
We have to all at least admit he called Simon, regardless if he guessed it or had a source. He called that **** back in March

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Oh something accured to me

Who could Isabelle’s last boss be

Her classic mode involves all female characters

It can’t be rathalos because it rathalos is male it would have to be rathian to fit

So a female boss perhaps?
That would explain why it's 23, there are only 22 female characters (not counting Isabelle, but counting Sheik, Jigglypuff, Villager, Robin, Corrin, the Mii Fighters, and Dark Samus, and that's pretty generous). So there may very well be an unknown female boss somewhere.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Here ya go Chief.
Honestly, with how much Square is being an *** with Cloud even being in Smash, I'm shocked we are supposedly getting another Square rep.
It doesn't really seem like they want their franchises in Smash.
Or they want to put in as little as possible to justify selling it as DLC.

D

Deleted member

hey, is anyone like, triple the amount of hype after seeing more gameplay from gamexplain for spirits mode?
I am hype, but I refuse to watch any major footage of it. I wanna experience it and enjoy discovering what it has to offer. Only things I watched were the Classic showcases and the Galleom (I think that's how it's spelt?) boss fight.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I kind of like that confetti pops out from the sky every time a stock is lost, since it makes the gameplay feel different despite being aesthetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom