• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
People still use "can't fight" as an actual argument against characters? In a genre where a literal sandbag has been a playable fighter? But seriously just about anything capable of moving should have some ability to fight as well. PP being an enemy known for biting and shooting poison, fireballs, etc in the various forms.
The ability to move is something that would be more an issue for PP than the ability to fight, and that's seemingly not an issue either.
Some people just have no imagination, I suppose...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There was talk on victory animations earlier, and I'm proud to say I really love Bowser's new fire-breathing victory animation; much more fitting than his former shell-spinning one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"can't fight" is the only reason i'm not a smash character
i am a wimp
if i make myself as a mii fighter it gets a penalty

nothing game breaking
it's just a loser

FreeFox

Smash Lord
At least Bubsy is still relevant compared to many of the highly-requested newcomers. I wouldn't mind him getting in at all, but he has virtually no chance, so I wouldn't worry.
I agree that Bubsy is still relevant but I would also point out that not every character in Smash has to be relevant by the time of their inclusion.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I might do that on my profile...
"Might"...???
Dude...if you like their work enough to use them as icons, they deserve credit.

claim every piece of art on the internet as your own

you see this???

i drew this
with my own hand

copyright 2018 toasterbrains

does it take that much effort to know that
TB go get some sleep my boy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i wouldn't say being relevant doesn't matter.
it definitely gives the character a boost.

but it doesn't matter if a character is irrelevant either. being irrelevant definitely doesn't take points away from a character.
i didn't say it didn't matter
i'm saying it's a weak argument against a character

"yo what about xxxxx"
"nah not relevant!!!!!"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As a Bowser main please link this!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiuFsHGI-k
Here's your Bowser. Skip to around 2:47, and watch the red-hot intensity flow through your soul. As one who had Bowser as a secondary in s4 and Brawl alike, seeing this also makes me smile. It replaces the spinning shell one, but personally I like it since fire-breathing defines Bowser better.

Idk why my vid isn't shown as a vid instead of a link, but oh well. The Bowser victory animation is still worth it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You can bet that plant will win the tournament by end of it

#PP2k19
2k19 is such a weird abbreviation since it doesn't actually save any characters

Pyra Pyra is going on an adventure right now
I'm giggling so hard
im fine
i'm just a little bit looser and care less

guyz i worked hard on this cloud strife fanart plz dont steal
View attachment 178418
woah where did you get this
this could be a huge leak

cloud has an alt where he's lost almost all his hair and has impaled himself through the head with a long tube of paper towels

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
yeet

thank you
relevancy is the coward's fallback argument
For first party characters, you're right. However, relevancy absolutely does matter for third party characters. Every third party franchise represented with playable characters in the roster has gotten a recent or upcoming game (Final Fantasy: FFXV; Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic Forces; Metal Gear: MGSV; Street Fighter: Street Fighter V; Bayonetta: Bayonetta 3; Mega Man: Mega Man 11; Pac-Man: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures; Castlevania: Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2). It might be just a pattern, but it hasn't been broken yet. Why would Nintendo want to promote franchises or characters they don't own that have no future?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This thread really is something' tonight.

Honestly, I think the thread is drunk.

Home go thread, drunk you're.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RiuFsHGI-k
Here's your Bowser. Skip to around 2:47, and watch the red-hot intensity flow through your soul. As one who had Bowser as a secondary in s4 and Brawl alike, seeing this also makes me smile.

Idk why my vid isn't shown as a vid instead of a link, but oh well. The Bowser victory animation is still worth it.
IT'S A MASTERPIECE

THANK YOU FRIEND

FreeFox

Smash Lord
For first party characters, you're right. However, relevancy absolutely does matter for third party characters. Every third party franchise represented with playable characters in the roster has gotten a recent or upcoming game (Final Fantasy: FFXV; Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic Forces; Metal Gear: MGSV; Street Fighter: Street Fighter V; Bayonetta: Bayonetta 3; Mega Man: Mega Man 11; Pac-Man: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures; Castlevania: Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2). It might be just a pattern, but it hasn't been broken yet. Why would Nintendo want to promote franchises or characters they don't own that have no future?
I might be remembering this wrong, but wasnt Megaman considered dead until Smash For? Isnt that one of the reasons people were really hyped about Megaman´s inclusion?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I honestly can't handle it. I've just been hysterically laughing for five minutes straight because I'm so tired.

This thread really is something' tonight.

Honestly, I think the thread is drunk.

Home go thread, drunk you're.
it's more like i'm really tired and a little sick/tipsy and don't wanna sleep yet

Yeah, and? Do you have a problem with that?
luigifan18
guardian of the vintage dA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom