• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Crono is my second most wanted SE rep, so I'd be really happy if they got in.
Square Enix has been doing NOTHING with the series though, though there may have been a reason why it didn't appear on the SNES mini...
Crash and Spyro were notably absent from the PS mini, maybe SE is working on a remaster or something?
Wait, Crono Trigger is a series? I always thought it only has one game.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I still think it's silly to remove something that barely costs resources just because it's redundant. You make more people happy with these characters in rather than without them.
I don't think anyone's arguing that anything be removed, either. Just that Fire Emblem's already gotten a lot of fanservice by allowing so many characters as even Echo Fighters/clones, to the point that the series's representation on the roster is behind only Mario and Pokémon, so adding even more characters when Zelda hasn't gotten a newcomer arguably since Melee, it took DK 10 years to get another character, etc., is excessive. Other franchises should be given a chance.

But what if Geoff Keighley is DLC? TGAs would be the only acceptable time to announce the Dorito Pope himself.
Only if he's an Echo Fighter of Reggie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How many characters Fire Emblem should have is pretty subjective, so I'll say something objective: We're all going to die someday and life is too short to complain about clones.
The answer is three if you're a pure clone hater and you think clones stole your precious Banjo/Geno/Chorus/Isaac/Shadow/whomever's slot.
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin: (no corn boy because people dont like ads nor do they like feet people)

I'd put Lyn/Hector in there but I'm afraid they'd scream at me because they only like it purely American like :ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus::ultken:.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
It seems like there are still a few stages that haven't been seen yet in the demo, even though we know all of them. Unless the footage hasn't been recorded.

• Dreamland GB
• Great Cave Offensive
• New Pork City (only seen in E3 demo)
• Big Blue
• Midgar
• Mario Bros.
• Mushroomy Kingdom
• 75m
• Port Town Aero Drive
• Skyworld
• Hanenbow
• Green Hill Zone (actually, I think there is footage of this, but I can’t remember for sure)
• PAC-LAND
• Gaur Plain
• Duck Hunt
• Flat Zone X
• Pictochat 2
• Magicant
• Mushroom Kingdom U
• Palutena’s Temple
• Windy Hill Zone
• Wuhu Island
Wuhu Island, Mushroom Kingdom U and Port Town Aero Dive have been seen.

beans

Smash Lord
Man, Naruto lore got wack ever since I stopped following it

I still think it's silly to remove something that barely costs resources just because it's redundant. You make more people happy with these characters in rather than without them.
The moon was actualy a giant Sharigan I think. And the Rabbit Girl on The Moon exists and is God, a really pissed God.

Oh I actually got to that part, it was like a robot or tank thing on the bridge right? That would be cool, we already have Bridge of Eldin tho
On top of Epoch, the ship you get in game.
It makes sense cuz of *Spoilers that I wont mention cause I dont know how they work on board* and it could represent all the ages you can visit. And we can have the non-playable party menbers in the driving seat.

Chrono Trigger is just one game, but there's Chrono Cross as well, I don't really know what else I'd call the series.
Radical Dreamers was a thing in the Chrono series. I dont know what but it exists.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
It seems like there are still a few stages that haven't been seen yet in the demo, even though we know all of them. Unless the footage hasn't been recorded.

• Dreamland GB
• Great Cave Offensive
• New Pork City (only seen in E3 demo)
• Big Blue
• Midgar
• Mario Bros.
• Mushroomy Kingdom
• 75m
• Port Town Aero Drive
• Skyworld
• Hanenbow
• Green Hill Zone (actually, I think there is footage of this, but I can’t remember for sure)
• PAC-LAND
• Gaur Plain
• Duck Hunt
• Flat Zone X
• Pictochat 2
• Magicant
• Mushroom Kingdom U
• Palutena’s Temple
• Windy Hill Zone
• Wuhu Island
From the gameplay I've seen, I know Mushroomy Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom U, Skyworld, and Wuhu Island are in the demo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speak for yourself.
Everything in the universe is bound to deteriorate by entropy. Every knowledge will be lost. Every movement will cease. Stop resisting and enjoy your mortality.

The moon was actualy a giant Sharigan I think. And the Rabbit Girl on The Moon exists and is God, a really pissed God.
Naruto. Persona 3. Evangelion.

Why it is always the Moon?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Steve man.

Steve.

You know what i realy wanna see?

The reaction videos for Steve joining the game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I noticed that a lot of mentions I've gotten on my break was about my opinions on Sora's chances so I'm going to go ahead and point out why that probably is.

Sora is a miracle. A character that exists for the sole purpose of being the crossover character between Square's World of Final Fantasy and Disney's Magical Kingdom. He's a character that exists as the bridge between those two. As such both parties have a say so in where he goes. So, if we're going by the usual Square Copyright fiasco, that means they'll have to contact ALL of the copyright owners of Sora the design artist, the concept artist, Nomura, and Disney. Now that's where it comes to a head. Let's say they do get the approval for Sora's inclusion to all the owners sans Disney. They're on the right track but when Cloud was seemingly as big of a deal to get as he was, having all the right parties come together to make it happen, it's surprising that Sora would even make it that far.

But then, there is Disney. I've said this before. We're not talking about a little studio that can get things done. We're talking about the BIGGEST entertainment conglomerate in the world. This is a company that has multiple representatives from multiple aspiring companies today that come offering mega tons of money and percentages of their stock in the Hope's to even get a tiny licensing deal for their product. This is NOT something that Nintendo will do. Not only do they not need Disney characters to sell a product they're stock is also not at all worth giving up to a larger company. But this is something that Disney REQUIRES. If you're coming to ask Disney for something you better have something SUBSTANTIAL to give. Now you may say, what about Thanos in Fortnite? Well, that one is simple. Marvel is Marvel. Marvel is owned by Disney but Marvel still does it's own thing. On top of that, Marvel has never been an incredibly hard company to work with. A more reasonable people sit at Marvel than at Disney. What about Wreck-It Ralph in Sonic and All-stars Racing? Well, it's a lot easier to ask something from Disney if they are asking you for something first hence why Sega probably threw out the idea of Ralph in Sonic during negotiations. Disney was making a VG movie so they went to get VG characters, Sonic one of them. If the timing had been any different, if the movie wasnt coming out, if that game was coming out later, it wouldn't have happened. I've taken law and business classes since I started college as a back up in case my dream job of being a Director didn't work out. I can safely say that if Sora happens. If the stars align and Disney decides to drop their guard. If Square somehow gathers everyone to approve if this happening on top of that. It will be a business miracle. People don't realize that just because two people said they were ok with it means that he can happen without a hitch. No. It still has to go up the Disney Corporate Ladder and if it isn't making them a LOT of money, in their eyes, they're losing money. That's just how Disney is.

There IS a slim, SLIM possibility of Sora happening but if I'm being logical. Using my education. It doesn't seem all that feasible. Could it happen? Sure. Anything is possible. Probable? Not in the slightest.
I mean... The "owner" of Sora Design/Concept is literally Nomura himself... Hashimoto if you want to reach for straw.
Normura and Hashimoto seems to want more and more crossover for KH, so them saying "no" if something I don't see AT ALL.

Disney is where it hurt, you have a lot of good point, you're overblowing them quite a bit (a lot), but the points still stand, especially now that we know it's Nintendo who made the "fighter" selection with Sakurai probably having a veto/words in it.
But Disney have a Video-games department who manage their video-game licence/Make vidéo games and guess what? They can't freely use the KH brand either.

They would NEVER go to shatters their friendship with Square-Enix after so long.
If Nintendo went to Square-Enix first, and Square-Enix was "okay" with Sora, I can bet you, that, by pure gentlemanship, especially knowing that KHIII was in development when the talks started that Disney would say yes.
Or HECK.
I'm 100% SURE, that if Nintendo went to Disney and asks for Sora... Disney would FIRST go to Square-Enix for their opinion.

That's my little take on that, alongside another reason that I cannot disclose on why I'm sure that, AT THE VERY LEAST. Sora was considered, or his name was put on the table.

Not to say he's happening at all, since I'm believing that DQ/Crono will get it all. But the way you put it is forgetting the important part...The Square-Enix/Disney intense friendship and focusing only on the "Well, Disney are juggernauts and will take all for them"
Which is wrong, since actually, Square-Enix are the one making most of the profit out of KH, which, if we follow your reasoning, make no sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everything in the universe is bound to deteriorate by entropy. Every knowledge will be lost. Every movement will cease. Stop resisting and enjoy your mortality.
Mortality and being a third-dimensional being is for chumps.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
(S)he also heard about a Nintendo sword user...
My problem with that kind of prediction is that in a statistical sense it's more likely to "come true," and if it does happen, Hitagi can just swoop in and claim that that character was a part of their "prediction."

That's why it would be better if people pressed Hitagi for more details about the character. Is the character male or female? Fantasy or Sci-fi? Short or tall? Stuff that is harder to guess, because at this point "nintendo sword user" is about as useful as a 4chan text leak.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Steve man.

Steve.

You know what i realy wanna see?

The reaction videos for Steve joining the game.
After Piranha Plant (the OTHER Steve) I doubt anyone is shocked by anything anymore.

That said Thor from SMITE for Smash
Edit: Yes i just made up a loose request to post a Queen Video. That is my thing now. Get used to it!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Japanese culture and mythology.
Sun good? Moon bad
Day good? Night bad

Go from there.
Being a **** is great and being a goody two shoes is a terrible conception of evil because pure light is just as evil as black darkness.

thanks yu-gi-oh

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mortality and being a third-dimensional being is for chumps.
Now you said that, World of Light trailer didn't show Mr. Game & Watch getting nuked by Galeem unlike those 3D losers. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll die on the hill of believing Hector is the most likely FE newcomer. Every other candidate has some reception issue with them which Hector simply doesn't. And it's not to say he's "the least worst" but his sheer popularity and unique fighting style are what make me so sure on this.
He wouldn't get hate from Swordphobes and he pleases a LOT of FE fans, he's the best of both worlds.
What would Crono’s stage be? I didn’t finish that game, I couldn’t bring myself to kick anyone out of my party because I liked Robo and Frog and everyone, and I got OCD about the “narrative”, and then I forgot about it lol
My personal pick would be The End of Time, though others have brought up the concept of the Epoch as a traveling stage which I consider just as valid. Both would involve traveling through the different eras.
If not those, a lot of areas could be used: The Millenial Fair, Magus's Castle, Death Peak, Zeal Kingdom and Ocean Palace/Black Omen are all iconic locations from the game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The fact that you bolded this is amusing to me.
I don’t have anything else to add, I just thought it was kinda funny.
It is, gotta be vague, I heard it's the new hype and lit things to do from people who knew stuff :4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, Crono Trigger is a series? I always thought it only has one game.
Depends if you count some ****ty ports and a remake a series.
I'm glad Naruto sounds like this now out of context because it still doesn't make sense even with context

Graizen

Smash Champion
My top Bandai Namco Picks were Agumon and Klonoa.
So now i realy want Klonoa in the game.

Heihachi makes more sence and people want Lloyd.
But so what?
Klonoa is my favorite.
I cried the first time i finished Door to Phantomile.
And i think he is the one that will shine the most together with the cast of Smash.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo- If Crono gets in, his stage should be the Trial Room, and y'all know it's true deep down in your heart

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Parasite Eve I only remember having that gun customization.
A **** ton of it at that. Story is pretty great too. Confusing if you're not paying close enough attention but still great nonetheless.

Edit: Also, as someone practicing creature/character design, their bestiary artwork is phenomenal and inspiring.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean... The "owner" of Sora Design/Concept is literally Nomura himself... Hashimoto if you want to reach for straw.
Normura and Hashimoto seems to want more and more crossover for KH, so them saying "no" if something I don't see AT ALL.

Disney is where it hurt, you have a lot of good point, you're overblowing them quite a bit (a lot), but the points still stand, especially now that we know it's Nintendo who made the "fighter" selection with Sakurai probably having a veto/words in it.
But Disney have a Video-games department who manage their video-game licence/Make vidéo games and guess what? They can't freely use the KH brand either.

They would NEVER go to shatters their friendship with Square-Enix after so long.
If Nintendo went to Square-Enix first, and Square-Enix was "okay" with Sora, I can bet you, that, by pure gentlemanship, especially knowing that KHIII was in development when the talks started that Disney would say yes.
Or HECK.
I'm 100% SURE, that if Nintendo went to Disney and asks for Sora... Disney would FIRST go to Square-Enix for their opinion.

That's my little take on that, alongside another reason that I cannot disclose on why I'm sure that, AT THE VERY LEAST. Sora was considered, or his name was put on the table.

Not to say he's happening at all, since I'm believing that DQ/Crono will get it all. But the way you put it is forgetting the important part...The Square-Enix/Disney intense friendship and focusing only on the "Well, Disney are juggernauts and will take all for them"
Which is wrong, since actually, Square-Enix are the one making most of the profit out of KH, which, if we follow your reasoning, make no sense.
These are all assumptions. You can be sure all you want but logistics of how business goes through doesn't at all line up for Sora. I'm really not over blowing the situation either. This is ACTUALLY how Disney operates. I dont know what you mean by "Reasons you can't disclose" but if you're going to make references to it after making such assumptions you did earlier in your post then you really, really should build on those reasons. If you really do have insider info then, by all means, tell me I'm wrong. I'd happily be wrong.

beans

Smash Lord
I'll die on the hill of believing Hector is the most likely FE newcomer. Every other candidate has some reception issue with them which Hector simply doesn't. And it's not to say he's "the least worst" but his sheer popularity and unique fighting style are what make me so sure on this.
He wouldn't get hate from Swordphobes and he pleases a LOT of FE fans, he's the best of both worlds.

My personal pick would be The End of Time, though others have brought up the concept of the Epoch as a traveling stage which I consider just as valid. Both would involve traveling through the different eras.
If not those, a lot of areas could be used: The Millenial Fair, Magus's Castle, Death Peak, Zeal Kingdom and Ocean Palace/Black Omen are all iconic locations from the game.
Ephraim and Hector would complete the weapon triangle.
Also End of Times would be a fully Square stage, where Spekkio appears and gives a prize to whoever makes three round trips on the stage.
The joke is that he doesnt specify anything about direction or speed and oh no you just wasted ten minutes on trying to make a circle on a square

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If you really do have insider info then, by all means, tell me I'm wrong. I'd happily be wrong.
AT THE VERY LEAST. Sora was considered, or his name was put on the table.
I mean, as I said, there high chance Sora doesn't get in and that Dragon Quest have a high chance to get a rep. But, well, I can't go more clear than that. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Ephraim and Hector would complete the weapon triangle.
Also End of Times would be a fully Square stage, where Spekkio appears and gives a prize to whoever makes three round trips on the stage.
The joke is that he doesnt specify anything about direction or speed and oh no you just wasted ten minutes on trying to make a circle on a square
I always imagined the End of Time as the main area with two platforms connected by the stairs and the lampost as either a wall or just a platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom