• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Sure dude you win just chill. I don't know that much about anime but from what I have seen a lot of characters are very unrealistic. The eyes being the main one but they mix and match a lot of random hair colors etc. That's all I was saying is that the character was very cliche. I'm sorry this offended you but my original point was that the character was a dumb unoriginal anime design even more generic than a piranha plant. Anime characters don't exist because their eye size alone is not realistic I'm sorry I misspoke and made it sound like I was saying dark skinned asians didn't exist I didn't reread most of what I typed because I got heated because people were attacking me as racist. But I understand everything you said and your points are right.
No offense, but I don't think we're really looking for realism when it comes to video games in most cases.

Plus, Anime characters don't exist because, well.. They're anime characters. The same reason characters from your favorite fiction novel can't exist. The eye-size thing is kind of a weird thing to say, seeing as that's more of the fault of the artist and the art-style. In case you haven't noticed, not all anime characters have ridiculously huge eyes. Those that do are usually more due to the actual design of the character, and it's supposed to show off some trait about the character (being youthful, innocent, expressive, etc.), but that's besides the point.

Dumb and unoriginal anime design is subjective, however. Considering that Elma technically isn't an "anime design" due to not originally coming from an anime, although the anime bit is just technicalities I supposed.

All in all, realism of a character or their design really should be the least of your worries. Due to these: :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultganondorf::ultike::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

:ultinkling:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I have a strong feeling some of these sentiments from past Smash games will transfer over to Ultimate. My sides are in orbit.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is unrelated but did you hear about the JonTron subreddit gave up hope due to JonTron not uploading in a long time and turned into a Scott the Woz subreddit? Was it your idea? Did you instigate it?

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Does anyone know if the file size for the downloadable version of the game has been found out yet?

D

Deleted member

NintenZone is a great thread for social activity, trust me.

Also what will Sora's final smash be like?
No, you don't understand.

The lack of bathing grants power. The stench isn't just a weapon against others, it's a high to those who partake in it. It's a psychological, no, a meditative measure. You notice how others are affected, yet the melee players stand unaffected? They are trained. Immune. The Black Death itself could come back, but every melee player would reject it, as their frame data of stench is too strong.

The weak should fear the strong.
Showering kills bacteria though. In a Black Death, you have to be clean or you die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
His tax evasion days are over...This Summer...Yoshi's pulling one. last. heist.

YOSHI'S TAX EVASION 2
Yoshi learns that the IRS is actually an acronym for :4iggy:'s Roundup Station, where he takes innocent taxpaying Yoshis and confines them into slavery. Yoshi has to go rogue in order to save his kind from the deluded brainwashing that has been set among his people.

Yoshi has become an urban guerrilla (google it).

Double K

Smash Lord
nope. Wrong-o. the correct answer was Yama-Uba. Ganguro wasnt a craze when pokemon was being developed and there is even a style of Ganguro that is based on the Yama-uba
Read it and weep buck-o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba
Ganguro can be traced back to mid-90s, during or before Pokemon was a thing, and while there is a style based off of it, the key aspect is mannerisms, notably its signature moves and Pokedex entries are things that are tied with Ganguro, notably the move Lovely Kiss (and the rest of the kiss moves in GSC), and the dex entries

It seductively wiggles its hips as it walks. It can cause people to dance in unison with it.

Appears to move to a rhythm of its own, as if it were dancing. It wiggles its hips as it walks.

Talks in a strange, incomprehensible language. It is known for its weird wiggling that causes people to dance.
One of the key aspects of Yama-uba is that she is meant to be charming and had an outfit that was made out of tree bark, while the stereotype of Ganguro was mostly their association with promiscuity and partying, while gyaru are often joked about having developed their own unique accent of Japanese-- in modern times we can see this with verbally spoken "warau" and technical misuse of the phrase "yabai."

Shared root, but Jynx is very much based on ganguros

D

Deleted member

This is unrelated but did you hear about the JonTron subreddit gave up hope due to JonTron not uploading in a long time and turned into a Scott the Woz subreddit? Was it your idea? Did you instigate it?
I have heard. THE VIRGIN JONTRON VS. SCOTT THE CHAD

Oh by the way.

Scott will return here one day. Only Luigi The President Luigi The President knows the one method.

:denzel:

Double K

Smash Lord
I don't know nor do I care, just shut the **** up and talk about a video game for once.
Hey, that'd be great if you don't go out and call people racists for explicitly saying "man, making a racist statement is pretty ****ed up"

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ganguro can be traced back to mid-90s, during or before Pokemon was a thing, and while there is a style based off of it, the key aspect is mannerisms, notably its signature moves and Pokedex entries are things that are tied with Ganguro, notably the move Lovely Kiss (and the rest of the kiss moves in GSC), and the dex entries

One of the key aspects of Yama-uba is that she is meant to be charming and had an outfit that was made out of tree bark, while the stereotype of Ganguro was mostly their association with promiscuity and partying, while gyaru are often joked about having developed their own unique accent of Japanese-- in modern times we can see this with verbally spoken "warau" and technical misuse of the phrase "yabai."

Shared root, but Jynx is very much based on ganguros
Youre gonna make me put it on here arent you
If it keeps you from accusing the entire nation of japan from being part of a racist conspiracy

But go on and tell me how black people can also make ice and psychic powers and Jynx has nothing to do with a mountain dwelling ice youkai that hypnotizes travellers.

Double K

Smash Lord
Youre gonna make me put it on here arent you
If it keeps you from accusing the entire nation of japan from being part of a racist conspiracy

But go on and tell me how black people can also make ice and psychic powers and Jynx has nothing to do with a mountain dwelling ice youkai that hypnotizes travellers.
Dude, ****ing what

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
This guy just loves accusing people of being racist lol

I've seen a lot of talk about Young Link possibly being the best character. Do you guys think well get balance changes like in the last game? I wouldn't mind them leaving it as is because most of the cast looks pretty viable already.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Hey, that'd be great if you don't go out and call people racists for explicitly saying "man, making a racist statement is pretty ****ed up"
It's your name. One K away from KKK. Geez man have some goddamn taste this is a family thread

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna say, if they point Jynx in Detective Pikachu as well then that movie is an instant 0/10, no matter how good the writing actually ends up being.
I doubt they would do that. Even back when Pokemania was at its peak and people were far less politically correct than nowadays, Jynx was a controversial Pokemon and had its sprite changed to purple. Any Pokemon enthusiast knows that Jynx spells trouble.

Double K

Smash Lord
This guy just loves accusing people of being racist lol
No, just you.

It's your name. One K away from KKK. Geez man have some goddamn taste this is a family thread
****, u rite

I doubt they would do that. Even back when Pokemania was at its peak and people were far less politically correct than nowadays, Jynx was a controversial Pokemon and had its sprite changed to purple. Any Pokemon enthusiast knows that Jynx spells trouble.
At least she can appear.

Meanwhile, this entire line is being punished for Pikachu's mistake

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I've actually always liked Jynx. It's fun to use in-game and it's origins are interesting. Aside from the racism stuff, I never really had a huge distaste for it's design, unlike most people who like to talk about how ugly Jynx is.
That being said, Jynx was a mistake.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey racism talk and that’s something that isn’t really useful...but I am curious...and should soon become furious yet fast as Sonic before he “died”

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
I've actually always liked Jynx. It's fun to use in-game and it's origins are interesting. Aside from the racism stuff, I never really had a huge distaste for it's design, unlike most people who like to talk about how ugly Jynx is.
That being said, Jynx was a mistake.
Bad in competitive
Too rare for casual play
Not good trade bait
Bad in the TCG
One of the biggest international blackmarks on Nintendo's reputation

Being Jynx is suffering

Smoochum is fine tho

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey racism talk and that’s something that isn’t really useful...but I am curious...and should soon become furious yet fast as Sonic before he “died”
I've read this twice, and I still don't understand what the hell you're saying.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
K so, let's assume that for Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, while music rights and cost for them were why we only got two MIDI songs for Midgar, that still wouldn't stop Sakurai from trying to get more Final Fantasy music into Smash Bros.

New DLC trailer drops. Bunch of characters duking it out on Battlefield or something, Cloud's one of those said characters. It's an in-game trailer. Suddenly,

black-feather2.jpg

Black feather floats down in front of Cloud. Cue One-Winged Angel. Sephiroth's the Square-Enix rep for DLC, complete with Planet's Core stage. How d'you react?

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Bad in competitive
Too rare for casual play
Not good trade bait
Bad in the TCG
One of the biggest international blackmarks on Nintendo's reputation

Being Jynx is suffering

Smoochum is fine tho
I wonder if level 29 Smoochum stay up all night, fearing what they will become.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
K so, let's assume that for Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, while music rights and cost for them were why we only got two MIDI songs for Midgar, that still wouldn't stop Sakurai from trying to get more Final Fantasy music into Smash Bros.

New DLC trailer drops. Bunch of characters duking it out on Battlefield or something, Cloud's one of those said characters. It's an in-game trailer. Suddenly,

View attachment 177599

Black feather floats down in front of Cloud. Cue One-Winged Angel. Sephiroth's the Square-Enix rep for DLC, complete with Planet's Core stage. How d'you react?
Take my money!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

View attachment 177599

I'd be pretty shocked he beat out Sora, DQ, Geno, or others. You'd think they'd draw deeper from the SE well than just FF7

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

View attachment 177599

I'd only be sold on it if at the end of the trailer he runs Peach through with his big ol' sword.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom