• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
If he doesn't speak like Rath from Ben 10, you're doing it wrong. :V
LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING SMASH DIRECTOR MASAHIRO SAKURAI

YOU CAN'T JUST TELL US THAT THERE IS GONNA BE FIVE MORE DLC SLOTS LIKE THIS AND JUST LEAVE US SPECULATING

THAT'S IN BAD FORM AND TOTALLY MAKES RATH MAD

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looks like alot happened, but that stuff aside. What info was talked about exactly? Past pages weren't exactly detailed, but I assume Hitagi gave more info on something?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Looks like alot happened, but that stuff aside. What info was talked about exactly? Past pages weren't exactly detailed, but I assume Hitagi gave more info on something?
I heard Hitagi implied that there will be a Nintendo character that wields a sword.
Make of that what you will, I suppose.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it's something about a "Nintendo character with a sword," but I'm not sure...
That really narrows down the list...

Jokes aside, people are going to be salty. At least only one newcomer had a sword.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd be fine with more sword wielders, actually...
Eh, as long as they can do something others can't, I don't have a problem with a sword wielding DLC newcomer.

That being said, people might be touchy about it. Not as much as last game but still. But it's hardly my problem.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm extremely suspicious about Hitagi. DLC that is planned to last all the way until February 2020, and he seems to know/have info on almost ALL of them?

I don't buy it. If he turns out to be right though? Hooooly **** Nintendo & Sakurai are hot garbage at keeping things under wraps.

Double K

Smash Lord
I'm extremely suspicious about Hitagi. DLC that is planned to last all the way until February 2020, and he seems to know/have info on almost ALL of them?

I don't buy it. If he turns out to be right though? Hooooly **** Nintendo & Sakurai are hot garbage at keeping things under wraps.
I've said it before today, but regarding at least the Cygames bit, we'll probably have a good way to check their credibility this December, depending on if Cygames reveals the Granblue collab with ArcSys

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING SMASH DIRECTOR MASAHIRO SAKURAI

YOU CAN'T JUST TELL US THAT THERE IS GONNA BE FIVE MORE DLC SLOTS LIKE THIS AND JUST LEAVE US SPECULATING

THAT'S IN BAD FORM AND TOTALLY MAKES RATH MAD
Nice to see some Ben 10 appreciation! I actually enjoyed some of later series like Alien Force, and even Omniverse (Yes, I know. It's honestly not that bad).

Double K

Smash Lord
Nice to see some Ben 10 appreciation! I actually enjoyed some of later series like Alien Force, and even Omniverse (Yes, I know. It's honestly not that bad).
I actually think Omniverse's writing is the most solid of the series and that Ultimate Alien is the worst installment-- yes, including the ReBoot

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Going through my Smash image folder I found this thing I had forgotten all about:

I'm not sure people remember, but this was a post on Reddit that was made a week before Vergeben's initial E3 leak, so basically this is the OG Ultimate leak. I took a screencap of it as the dude deleted his profile while the people here on Smashboards were digging through his account.

Here's our original discussion on it, some 6000 pages back. Thought some people might enjoy this "blast from the past".

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
Going through my Smash image folder I found this thing I had forgotten all about:

I'm not sure people remember, but this was a post on Reddit that was made a week before Vergeben's initial E3 leak, so basically this is the OG Ultimate leak. I took a screencap of it as the dude deleted his profile while the people here on Smashboards were digging through his account.

Thought some people might enjoy this "blast from the past".
Have you tried going to removeddit to see what the actual post was about?

I completely agree. Ultimate Alien is the only series I didn't complete (aside from the reboot of course).
I can write an entire essay about how the first half of Ultimate Alien was dreck, with Aggregor being an uninteresting Vilgax with boring powers, how reusing EVIL KEVIN was a stupid plotline and how Ben became a complete idiot who let Aggregor win so often when he had the advantage in most of the situations, and I can go on for hours about how the Forever Knights plot of the second season is the actual worst thing and it killed off a character and it's NEVER TALKED ABOUT

**** man, Ultimate Alien was garbage

delet this pls

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I heard Hitagi implied that there will be a Nintendo character that wields a sword.
So either:
-A Fire Emblem character
-A Zelda character that uses a sword, like Urbosa or Daruk
-A Golden Sun character
-A Xenoblade character
-Magnus from Kid Icarus
-Dark Matter from the Kirby series
-The Last Story character
-Dragalia Lost character

Edit: Or just for real mindblowing, Aegislash from Pokemon.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

I do agree that Hitagi seems suspicious. Saying that a potential character is still in negotiations even though the dlc roster has been supposedly finalized is pretty strange. Also they do have a habit of backpedaling and making broad statements that could apply to a lot of characters. Luckily since they've deconfirmed a wide range of popular character choices, we'll most likely know if they're legit by the time the first DLC character announcement rolls around.

Double K

Smash Lord
So either:
-A Fire Emblem character
-A Golden Sun character
-A Xenoblade character
-Magnus from Kid Icarus
-Dragalia Lost character

You forgot Samurai Goro from F-Zero lol

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Huh, so much for "revealing things before leaks" eh?
It was already bad enough for them to allow that box to be shown in September when pretty much everyone knew the roster already. I wonder what mistake they'll make this time...

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Yeah but then oddly, despite being “excited” about this character, she then went on to say that she doesn’t know much about them and doesn’t even know which series they’re from. Lol

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So either:
-A Fire Emblem character
-A Golden Sun character
-A Xenoblade character
-Magnus from Kid Icarus
-Dragalia Lost character

It better be Aegislash, if only for the sake of people's reactions. Also, this reminds me

I actually forgot this happened until now

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It seemed it only featured the most popular and marketable characters from a franchise, so it'd make sense Incineroar didn't make it in.
Are there even any gen 7 pokemon in the movie that we have seen to begin with? It could possibly just be dealing with gen 1 through 6 pokemon

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Are there even any gen 7 pokemon in the movie that we have seen to begin with? It could possibly just be dealing with gen 1 through 6 pokemon
Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Pokemon Trainer with Charizard were there.
The mascot, the classic legendary, and the most popular trainer with the most popular starter.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
This is so strange, Mario is always like 40-55 in my mind from his old western media "80s/90s" mario stuff where he was some old plumber guy... I'll never shake that and think of him as a 20 something.
The way I see it, Mario is in a similar situation with Mickey Mouse in that they have real life "ages" but are not canon. Like Mickey is 90 years old but looks very young. So if 2015 was the 30th anniversary of Super Mario, I see Mario being 33 years old.

Likewise, I saw him as being in his early-to-mid 30s with a very young look to him (as you would expect with any cartoon).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Pokemon Trainer with Charizard were there.
The mascot, the classic legendary, and the most popular trainer with the most popular starter.
Wait, Mewtwo was there?

EDIT: Are you talking about Smash trailer?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's our original discussion on it, some 6000 pages back. Thought some people might enjoy this "blast from the past".
So pretty much the only thing Vergeben was on dot was Castlevania to an extent and Isabelle, with the echoes like Dark Samus?
In that case, ****ing oof. That's a bit of a hit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, Mewtwo was there?

EDIT: Are you talking about Smash trailer?
Oh yes, I was.
Sorry for that misinformation.

Yeah, the pokemon movie trailer is probably gonna focus on gen 1 with occassional appearances of other gens' most popular mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom