• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Wonder if the "Spirits won't become characters" thing is more referencing the logic that the spirits will point to what can be DLC characters. Like a spirit isn't going to become attached to a DLC character when they launch and instead a new spirit will come alongside the DLC that corresponds directly to that character.
In that way spirits won't become characters. Rather than being a mass deconfirmation it could be trying to detach the thought process that current spirits mean anything in regards to DLC like we are assuming they do from our minds. Random most likely wrong theory. lol
I never understood why people assume Spirits disqualify characters from DLC when they're literally the replacement for trophies, and we know that trophies didn't stop Mewtwo from being DLC for Sm4sh.

MainJPW

M.T.A
3) "doesn't look like any race" is a super edgy thing to say since most dark skinned characters in anime still are designed in such a way you can tell their ethnic inspiration. She's supposed to be Polynesian-- so even assuming Asian in the first place is super ???

Dude, just take the L lol
I’m pretty sure that third one is a tv trope.

D

Deleted member

>wasting valuable tech-training time
>not letting foul odor be a biological weapon to help you win tournaments for big bucks

View attachment 177590
Being clean is very important for your body and interaction. You need to be clean.
Also cleaning is usually not going to consume a chunk of time. You are all good with training.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The smelly Smash players (Despite never meeting them thankfully) kind of disappoint me. I mean, why would you sit your ass all that time before you go to a local Smash place, when you could have better spent that remaining time on cleaning yourself. Besides showers either take 30 min. or an hour to finish so it's not that long.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Being clean is very important for your body and interaction. You need to be clean.
Also cleaning is usually not going to consume a chunk of time. You are all good with training.
wet hands ruin my gamecube controller efficiency

:bobomb:

the grease solidifies and give me expert grip power

D

Deleted member

Oooh~ new Splatfest?
Salsa vs. Guacamole, a pretty cool theme. Starts on the 16th, I believe?

Give me a half-hour as I'm at work and I don't want to save images on this computer...

I don't want to be left out of the cleanse!!!
Tag me when you post it! I can't stay up that long and wait for it, unfortunately. I'm super sick right now and need to go to bed. :(

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Am I the only one think Jynx has a good design?
far be it from me to give credit to HackPat but if it wasnt for his video about how Jynx was based on an actual Youkai from japanese mythology and not a secret conspiracy to keep blacks down, then the world would be alot dumber today. I mean a japanese monster based on a japanese monster what are the odds!

Double K

Smash Lord
far be it from me to give credit to HackPat but if it wasnt for his video about how Jynx was based on an actual Youkai from japanese mythology and not a secret conspiracy to keep blacks down, then the world would be alot dumber today. I mean a japanese monster based on a japanese monster what are the odds!
Looking into the story, Jynx actually isn't. Due to how she acts she's more likely supposed to be a ganguro or kogal, a subset of fashion that was popular at the time

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The smelly Smash players (Despite never meeting them thankfully) kind of disappoint me. I mean, why would you sit your *** all that time before you go to a local Smash place, when you could have better spent that remaining time on cleaning yourself. Besides showers either take 30 min. or an hour to finish so it's not that long.
It's actually a secret cheat that competitive players use. Having really strong BO distracts other players and gives you an advantage over them.
/s

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
1) Racism is a showing a negative bias to someone due to their heritage. Skin tone has nothing to do with this, otherwise Japan's treatment of the Ainu would not be seen as racist

2) You literally said

"Dark skin is a weird anime trope where they don't actually look like any race."

Holy **** dude, there is a lot to unpack.

1) Association of dark skin with anime???
2) The idea that beach tans are anim???
3) "doesn't look like any race" is a super edgy thing to say since most dark skinned characters in anime still are designed in such a way you can tell their ethnic inspiration. She's supposed to be Polynesian-- so even assuming Asian in the first place is super ???

Dude, just take the L lol
Sure dude you win just chill. I don't know that much about anime but from what I have seen a lot of characters are very unrealistic. The eyes being the main one but they mix and match a lot of random hair colors etc. That's all I was saying is that the character was very cliche. I'm sorry this offended you but my original point was that the character was a dumb unoriginal anime design even more generic than a piranha plant. Anime characters don't exist because their eye size alone is not realistic I'm sorry I misspoke and made it sound like I was saying dark skinned asians didn't exist I didn't reread most of what I typed because I got heated because people were attacking me as racist. But I understand everything you said and your points are right.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking into the story, Jynx actually isn't. Due to how she acts she's more likely supposed to be a ganguro or kogal, a subset of fashion that was popular at the time

Eh, she at least gets her type from it, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I admire the guts of Muscle Man, I must say.
Old Regular Show was a gem.

There is something called towels.
View attachment 177592
The grease will hurt your Gamecube controller, too. STAY CLEAN, FOLKS!
No, you don't understand.

The lack of bathing grants power. The stench isn't just a weapon against others, it's a high to those who partake in it. It's a psychological, no, a meditative measure. You notice how others are affected, yet the melee players stand unaffected? They are trained. Immune. The Black Death itself could come back, but every melee player would reject it, as their frame data of stench is too strong.

The weak should fear the strong.

Double K

Smash Lord
Sure dude you win just chill. I don't know that much about anime but from what I have seen a lot of characters are very unrealistic. The eyes being the main one but they mix and match a lot of random hair colors etc. That's all I was saying is that the character was very cliche. I'm sorry this offended you but my original point was that the character was a dumb unoriginal anime design even more generic than a piranha plant. Anime characters don't exist because their eye size alone is not realistic I'm sorry I misspoke and made it sound like I was saying dark skinned asians didn't exist I didn't reread most of what I typed because I got heated because people were attacking me as racist. But I understand everything you said and your points are right.

I found the deepest hole in the world, dug by you and you just don't know when to stop

The lesson is to realize "I said something ****ing dumb" and stop saying something

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Out of all Nintendo characters with swords that have a chance, I'm rooting for Elma the most. Not only because she's cool, but also because she uses guns. Swords and guns together? That's sick af. (Shoutout to Celica, who is also sick af.)

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

Yoshi from the long-forgotten game "Yoshi Robs a Bank 2"

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cartoon characters generally aren't known for their realism, though. It's not something unique to anime.

Double K

Smash Lord
Out of all Nintendo characters with swords that have a chance, I'm rooting for Elma the most. Not only because she's cool, but also because she uses guns. Swords and guns together? That's sick af. (Shoutout to Celica, who is also sick af.)

View attachment 177593
Honestly

If we're going to get a Xeno character, I'd much rather KOS-MOS.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo can we grab a moderator to break these two dudes up? I don't get why there's a race of racists going on here but like, can you not? You guys really think you can convince the other to give up when it didn't work for the last 30 minutes of trying?

tl;dr
1514786454729.png

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger

View attachment 177593
I want Elma for the potential Sylvalum stage. It would look and sound so amazing

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Yo can we grab a moderator to break these two dudes up? I don't get why there's a race of racists going on here but like, can you not? You guys really think you can convince the other to give up when it didn't work for the last 30 minutes of trying?

I say everybody should go back to talking about big anime tiddies

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

nope. Wrong-o. the correct answer was Yama-Uba. Ganguro wasnt a craze when pokemon was being developed and there is even a style of Ganguro that is based on the Yama-uba
Read it and weep buck-o
Edit: if youre having trouble finding the Yama-uba Ganguro its called Yamanba
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord

I'm done because lol

but how am I the racist one here

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

View attachment 177593
I want Elma purely for the Hiroyuki Sawano music... I'm just that petty.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 177593
His tax evasion days are over...This Summer...Yoshi's pulling one. last. heist.

YOSHI'S TAX EVASION 2

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger

Yeah I'm done, just thought I'd try to explain myself one last time. Sorry for clogging up the thread

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll admit that I uh, haven't always had the greatest hygiene. I would wear dirty clothes if they looked clean, I would sleep in some days and skip my shower, I'd forget to put on deodorant or brush my teeth, ect. It was really just that I never got into the routine when I was younger, and I never really noticed how I smelled because I couldn't smell it. By the time I was aware of some of these problems, I was too stressed out about other things to care. Not to mention that I think I was slightly depressed but let's not get into that.

I've rapidly gotten much better about it recently. Scheduling really helps. I have a second alarm in case I sleep through my first one to guarantee I always have time for a shower in the morning. I have a dedicated laundry day every week that I never miss. I leave my deodorant stick where I can see it when I'm getting dressed every morning so I never forget to put it on.

On that note, and laundry is really important thing I never see anyone actually talk about. I got in the habit of showering and wearing deodorant, but it wasn't until I started doing laundry consistently that people stopped complaining.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

View attachment 177593
Yoshi is so evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom