• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sylux - People in Japan might not be huge fans but they're probably getting Katalina so it doesn't matter. I think it's the most likely since Nintendo will really want to push Metroid Prime's return hard and it is probably the game that could use the promotion the most.
Would people in West be huge fans? Last time I checked Sylux didn't had any fan demand whatsoever except "he'll be important in the next game"/"if we can't get Ridley, give us Sylux".

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So Nintendo's big releases next year are Metroid Prime 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, FE: Three Houses, Animal Crossing and Gen 8 Pokemon.

Let's say that each of the DLC packs are for those games: Outside of Gen 8 Pokemon which we only know two Pokemon of, What characters do you think they'd add?

Metroid: Sylux has been hinted to play a part in MP4 but any of the hunters from MPH or MP3 could work.
Luigi's Mansion: Well Piranha plant's in so King Boo doesn't seem a little odd any more.
FE: 3 Houses: The question here is Lord or Tactician? My money's on Edlegarde but I could be wrong.
Animal Crossing: Given Chrom showed us that characters can be tied to Final Smashes and still be playable, Tom Nook with a Capitalism based moveset could work well. (His pummel is shaking them down for bells.)
Three Houses and MP4 are the only games I could see getting a newcomer, and I'm not really sure how likely either would be given that Gen VIII would likely be prioritized over both games. We only have five spots to give up.

Wouldn't mind getting Sylux or another Metroid rep though. Depending on how hard MP4 gets pushed in the West, I could see us getting a promotional character (much to Japan's annoyance, I'm sure.)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Would people in West be huge fans? Last time I checked Sylux didn't had any fan demand whatsoever except "he'll be important in the next game"/"if we can't get Ridley, give us Sylux".
Sylux got support for two reasons: "He'll be important in Prime 4!" and "We're not getting Ridley, so let's ask for someone else."

People should wait and see how Sylux pans out before letting him into Sma-

Wait...

:roymelee:

****, there goes my argument.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sylux got support for two reasons: "He'll be important in Prime 4!" and "We're not getting Ridley, so let's ask for someone else."

People should wait and see how Sylux pans out before letting him into Sma-

Wait...

:roymelee:

****, there goes my argument.
I mean, he was a clone and he has a burning sword (second part is integral to my counter argument).

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Have we taken a moment in this thread to appreciate this new Falco win animation yet? Because I think it's warranted.

EDIT: Image breaks when posted. Just click the link.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Great, there's a YT vid about "who is your Smash waifu" now...

Okay, now...you guys are just making feel bad for Waluigi.

I was just posting it in friendly jest. Still beats the ones where he's outright rejected. Besides, I like the happy ones too. And right now I can't upload the one I was going to show you. Thanks Smashboards. :glare:

To balance it out, I noticed that NL posted about an Isaac campaign, the right way to show support for a character:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ns_spread_the_love_with_goldensunday_messages

And now announcing the new smash character...TitsMcgee!
Man, this reminds me of the Majestic Prince discussions on /m/.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Watchu talking about Roy is a NINTENDO ALLSTAR the back of Melee's box said so
Marth: Mr. Sakurai, now that I'm getting into Smash Bros.. Can I bring my new friend Roy along?
Sakurai: I dunno, I only really want Nintendo All-Stars.
Roy: I have a Fire Sword.
Sakurai: That's rad, you're in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Marth: Mr. Sakurai, now that I'm getting into Smash Bros.. Can I bring my new friend Roy along?
Sakurai: I dunno, I only really want Nintendo All-Stars.
Roy: I have a Fire Sword.
Sakurai: That's rad, you're in.
After Sakurai got down and played Binding Blade he learned it's incredibly crummy as he gets it at the end of the game, literally the last chapter if you don't go for 100 percent and it only has 20 uses he got so mad he cut Roy in Brawl

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Her personality was kinda bland and her romantic sub-plot was pretty unnecessary but I don't mind her, she's nice. Hardly the worst character came out from that game *ahemMephilesahem*
You're totally ignoring the worst part about her. She's a ****ING HUMAN and SHE KISSES A HEDGEHOG!!!!!

Also they somehow managed to make a worse villain than Mephiles with Infinite. I'M NOT WEAK!!!!!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
After Sakurai got down and played Binding Blade he learned it's incredibly crummy as he gets it at the end of the game, literally the last chapter if you don't go for 100 percent and it only has 20 uses he got so mad he cut Roy in Brawl
He was so mad at Roy, he decided he never wanted to touch the GBA again.

And then Samus took off her Power Armour.
EDIT: Changed "Until" to "And then", because the former has a connotation I didn't intend.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You're totally ignoring the worst part about her. She's a ****ING HUMAN and SHE KISSES A HEDGEHOG!!!!!
Yet, it's fine for Jessica and Roger Rabbit? Sonic was originally gonna have a human girlfriend named Madonna in the first game...
Along with 500 Japanese only things we've never heard of.
Still, that's a price I'd be willing to pay for a Claymation rep. (better shot than Clayman from The Neverhood or Rainbow Curse Kirby)
"Wallace and Gromit cheese the competition"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yet, it's fine for Jessica and Roger Rabbit? Sonic was originally gonna have a human girlfriend named Madonna in the first game…
There's a difference being "cartoony and acceptable" and "so far into the uncanny valley that you want out". Realistic!Eggman was scary for all the wrong reasons.

Wouldn't mind getting Sylux or another Metroid rep though. Depending on how hard MP4 gets pushed in the West, I could see us getting a promotional character (much to Japan's annoyance, I'm sure.)
If by any chance we're going to REEEEEEEEEE, it's only fair that the source country does so as well. Turnabout is fair play. :p

Also, as far as him being compared to Boba Fett goes, "I hate that bounty hunter and her little federation too!" is a better motive than "I like money", if you ask me.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mother Brain, Trace or Kanden, either.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Also they somehow managed to make a worse villain than Mephiles with Infinite. I'M NOT WEAK!!!!!
Sonic is a hedgehog but in his universe's context, he's more like an alien, rather than an animal. He has same cognitive abilities as humans. If there was any problem with the scene, it was either art style clash, Sonic being unconscious or forced romance. Not bestiality.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Yet, it's fine for Jessica and Roger Rabbit?
Please not in my Sonic games. Oh yeah I just remembered apparently they are bringing back Sonic's cut human girlfriend from Sonic 1 in the upcoming live-action Sonic movie. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Please not in my Sonic games. Oh yeah I just remembered apparently they are bringing back Sonic's cut human girlfriend from Sonic 1 in the upcoming live-action Sonic movie. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Has that even been confirmed yet? I thought that was just a rumor...

osby

Smash Obsessed
What. Are you sure you aren't talking about Nan?

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Could I be confident in saying this is likely the most active forum thread on the internet? Keeping up with it is damn near impossible, it might as well be a chat room.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
From female proportions to human-furr-- I mean, "animal" relations...

I love Smash :yoshi:
This reminds me, Falco likes a cat girl, doesn't he. To think that could have been Miyu. :( Oh well, maybe next timeline.

I did find an odd increase in furries after 2006

it all makes sense now
Incidentally, 10 years later, 2016 was the year of animal people.
>Zootopia
>Zyuohger

Choose one:
-Bandana Dee
-Paper Mario
-Poochy
-Edelgard
-Waluigi
Poochy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.