• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
I think it also has to do with the fact that Bayonetta is based on fashion models as well.

Which is why she's, like, 10 heads tall (men are approximately 8 heads tall, women are about 7.5 heads tall)

NOTE: Head measurement is often mistaken for having to do with height; it's not (well, it's more accurate to say "it's not that simple"), it's about proportions, the size of the head relative to the person's body. I'm pretty sure Bayonetta is actually about 6' 2".
Bayonetta's height is 11.951 Umbran Witch Height.

That said, the image people like to use is very misleading as she is on VERY high heels and she is standing just barely taller than Luca. It's just that Cereza is goddamn tiny

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Funnily enough, Bayonetta has a pretty modest chest size for a character that supposed to be extremely sexualized. It's either because she was designed by a woman or Kamiya admittedly prefers women with small bust sizes.
I'd say mostly because her butt is her most sexualized part of her. It's one of the biggest(literally) things that you can see was focused on for her game covers and even her amiibo has a well defined posterior.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it also has to do with the fact that Bayonetta is based on fashion models as well.

Which is why she's, like, 10 heads tall (men are approximately 8 heads tall, women are about 7.5 heads tall)

NOTE: Head measurement is often mistaken for having to do with height; it's not (well, it's more accurate to say "it's not that simple"), it's about proportions, the size of the head relative to the person's body. I'm pretty sure Bayonetta is actually about 6' 2".
There's also that.

As for censoring, I think only three fighters ever were really censored in this context ::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4palutena: First two makes sense but whenever they change Palutena's slit because of CERO, I don't get what or why exactly they changed.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bayonetta's height is 11.951 Umbran Witch Height.
Great! What's "Umbran Witch Height"? What's the conversion ratio to feet or meters?
That said, the image people like to use is very misleading as she is on VERY high heels and she is standing just barely taller than Luca. It's just that Cereza is goddamn tiny
Umbran Witches apparently have the biggest growth spurts.

The reason why head measurements are important when talking about Bayonetta's design is because that's how the clothes of fashion models are designed.

Which to be honest is really messed up because that means the people designing clothes for fashion models apparently have no clue about proportions and design their clothes for people much taller/thinner than normal.
There's also that.

As for censoring, I think only three fighters ever were really censored in this context ::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4palutena: First two makes sense but whenever they change Palutena's slit because of CERO, I don't get what or why exactly they changed.
Apparently someone at CERO considers Exposed Female Thighs to be some kind of WMD.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just love conversations about female proportions. It's hilarious :yoshi:
I generally like talking about proportions because it's a part of the character designs you don't see in discussions often. Though I wish we were talking about it for different reasons...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I generally like talking about proportions because it's a part of the character designs you don't see in discussions often. Though I wish we were talking about it for different reasons...
It's usually difficult to talk about proportions because it's not really something people think of, not to mention that most of the humanoid characters have normal proportions.

Bayonetta is the only one it could really, feasibly, come up for, because her skewed proportions actually make up part of her character design.

Unless you want to talk about stuff like how Mario and Sonic are like, 4 heads tall, but why would you? XD

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You'd be surprised by how many of us Yoshi fans discuss how often we talk about the size of his snout in relation to his head :yoshi:

I'm joking if you haven't noticed btw,...

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's usually difficult to talk about proportions because it's not really something people think of, not to mention that most of the humanoid characters have normal proportions.

Bayonetta is the only one it could really, feasibly, come up for, because her skewed proportions actually make up part of her character design.

Unless you want to talk about stuff like how Mario and Sonic are like, 4 heads tall, but why would you? XD
Eh, fair enough, facial proportions generally have more to talk about. Otherwise it's mostly just "why :ultpeach: and :ultpalutena: are more normal looking then :ultmario: and :ultpit:?"

You'd be surprised by how many of us Yoshi fans discuss how often we talk about the size of his snout in relation to his head :yoshi:

I'm joking if you haven't noticed btw,...
I honestly didn't.

What about Ryu?

Or... for extra villainy... Isabelle or Pichu (or both)
I'm not sure if they are even allowed to show Isabelle hurt on promotional material. :grin:

D

Deleted member

I hate Zero Suit in concept already, even before the actual Zero Suit itself, "beat the game early to get this woman to strip more" is just distasteful, it always has been(and I don't think I jeed to get onto the heels). And then to add an alternate moveset of Samus into Smash is just... why? Her moveset is unique, sure, but everything aside from the paralyzer is original to Smash. It's not even an alternate version of a character like the Links, it's just Samus without her Power Suit. I could get the idea behind a transforming FS in Brawl somewhat but eh...
And also, why does Samus never speak without her Power Suit on but does without it? That just becomes an odd contradiction and I'd rather have them decide on whether to go with Silent Badass or just give Samus some voicelines.
And it certainly doesn't help she was incredibly annoying in Smash 4 to deal with.

Everything about ZSS just bugs me in the wrong way, from the sexualization, odd concept for a fighter, inconsistency with Power Suit Samus and lack of ingame balance, and it adds up to one of my least favorite characters in all of Smash, which is a shame because I really love Metroid and Samus herself as a character.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did my comment of wanting realistically proportioned half bird half jelly helf human women cause an argument? Just skipped to the last page again cause I have a life and can't read everything
Nope! (Thank god)

People either ignored it/didn't notice it, or realized you were (probably) kidding around.

To be honest I think it's probably the former.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I hate Zero Suit in concept already, even before the actual Zero Suit itself, "beat the game early to get this woman to strip more" is just distasteful, it always has been(and I don't think I jeed to get onto the heels). And then to add an alternate moveset of Samus into Smash is just... why? Her moveset is unique, sure, but everything aside from the paralyzer is original to Smash. It's not even an alternate version of a character like the Links, it's just Samus without her Power Suit. I could get the idea behind a transforming FS in Brawl somewhat but eh...
And also, why does Samus never speak without her Power Suit on but does without it? That just becomes an odd contradiction and I'd rather have them decide on whether to go with Silent Badass or just give Samus some voicelines.
And it certainly doesn't help she was incredibly annoying in Smash 4 to deal with.

Everything about ZSS just bugs me in the wrong way, from the sexualization, odd concept for a fighter, inconsistency with Power Suit Samus and lack of ingame balance, and it adds up to one of my least favorite characters in all of Smash, which is a shame because I really love Metroid and Samus herself as a character.
Regarding the speech thing, maybe she does vocalise, but has the microphone in her helmet turned off?

(Watsonian Explanation: either for intimidation purposes or because she just forgot to turn it on; Doylist Explanation: It's a hold-over from when they still wanted to keep Samus' sex a secret, and they just didn't bother to give her a voice when it became well known)

I imagine the suit is air-tight (for space travel), and there's no way sound's going to come out of an air-tight suit.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Nintendo's big releases next year are Metroid Prime 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, FE: Three Houses, Animal Crossing and Gen 8 Pokemon.

Let's say that each of the DLC packs are for those games: Outside of Gen 8 Pokemon which we only know two Pokemon of, What characters do you think they'd add?

Metroid: Sylux has been hinted to play a part in MP4 but any of the hunters from MPH or MP3 could work.
Luigi's Mansion: Well Piranha plant's in so King Boo doesn't seem a little odd any more.
FE: 3 Houses: The question here is Lord or Tactician? My money's on Edlegarde but I could be wrong.
Animal Crossing: Given Chrom showed us that characters can be tied to Final Smashes and still be playable, Tom Nook with a Capitalism based moveset could work well. (His pummel is shaking them down for bells.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, in some cultures bragging is considered to be very rude.
In what culture is going "lol I can't read" rude? :troll:
Nope! (Thank god)

People either ignored it/didn't notice it, or realized you were (probably) kidding around.

To be honest I think it's probably the former.
looking at the last page it's Bayo. Honestly her proportions intimidate the **** out of me with her long ass legs in her game. She's a goddamn giraffe I swear

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So, there are so many satisfying FS's in this game (A lot of them perform similar functions, but they are quick and feel great to use).

However, I don't like the cutscene final smashes. K. Rool, Ridley, Dedede, Falcon, etc. They are great the first few times, but after a while I prefer the characters that use FS's that keep you in the match (Ike, Cloud, Pac-man, etc), especially DK's new one.

Anyone feel this way? The cutscene ones just take us out of the match a little too long while the others at least visually keep you in the same match.

KMDP

Smash Legend
In what culture is going "lol I can't read" rude? :troll:

looking at the last page it's Bayo. Honestly her proportions intimidate the **** out of me with her long *** legs in her game. She's a goddamn giraffe I swear
LEGS FOR DAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!

Talking about Bayo's ridiculous proportions is the end result of someone mentioning they think Tifa might be too sexy/busty for Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, have you guys calmed down after the insanity that was last night?

Nono, I saw some of Snake's victory poses and his *** looks quite plump again.
Nope, you guys are still on this topic....

Never change Smashboards, never change

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

The sole reason Zero Suit exists is because the franchise was pretty active before Brawl, and Sakurai couldn't find any reasonable characters to add aside from Samus herself. In order to give Metroid a second character, he had to turn Samus into a transformation character like Zelda.

Her inclusion was very circumstantial, and if Sakurai had opted for Ridley, she may have never made it in Smash. I'm happy she did though. I feel like her addition to the roster has helped people appreciate the real Samus instead of looking only at the suit and saying, "Wait, that's a girl?" Yes, the sexualization can be annoying sometimes, but I don't think it's nearly as excessive as Smash 4 anymore. And even then, Bayontta made ZSS look modest by comparison.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
LEGS FOR DAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!

Talking about Bayo's ridiculous proportions is the end result of someone mentioning they think Tifa might be too sexy/busty for Smash.
Eh, give her some slight reduction and there shouldn't be a problem
So, there are so many satisfying FS's in this game (A lot of them perform similar functions, but they are quick and feel great to use).

However, I don't like the cutscene final smashes. K. Rool, Ridley, Dedede, Falcon, etc. They are great the first few times, but after a while I prefer the characters that use FS's that keep you in the match (Ike, Cloud, Pac-man, etc), especially DK's new one.

Anyone feel this way? The cutscene ones just take us out of the match a little too long while the others at least visually keep you in the same match.
Not really, cause it's more visually interesting, especially as Ridley's is supposed to be him ramming you so hard he sends you into space. Although most final smash being made samey now does kind of suck

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So Nintendo's big releases next year are Metroid Prime 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, FE: Three Houses, Animal Crossing and Gen 8 Pokemon.

Let's say that each of the DLC packs are for those games: Outside of Gen 8 Pokemon which we only know two Pokemon of, What characters do you think they'd add?

Metroid: Sylux has been hinted to play a part in MP4 but any of the hunters from MPH or MP3 could work.
Luigi's Mansion: Well Piranha plant's in so King Boo doesn't seem a little odd any more.
FE: 3 Houses: The question here is Lord or Tactician? My money's on Edlegarde but I could be wrong.
Animal Crossing: Given Chrom showed us that characters can be tied to Final Smashes and still be playable, Tom Nook with a Capitalism based moveset could work well. (His pummel is shaking them down for bells.)
Sylux - People in Japan might not be huge fans but they're probably getting Katalina so it doesn't matter. I think it's the most likely since Nintendo will really want to push Metroid Prime's return hard and it is probably the game that could use the promotion the most.

FE: 3 Houses Rep - I really hope it doesn't happen. I don't think it will since Sakurai was on the fence on Corrin but only added him because he's unique and so far no character in 3 Houses seems unique enough.

Luigi's Mansion - I don't see anything happening. Luigi getting his new poltergust is already enough. I'd love Polterpup though.

AC - I don't see anything more happening, it just got Isabelle and her trailer was already promoting the game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The sole reason Zero Suit exists is because the franchise was pretty active before Brawl, and Sakurai couldn't find any reasonable characters to add aside from Samus herself. In order to give Metroid a second character, he had to turn Samus into a transformation character like Zelda.

Her inclusion was very circumstantial, and if Sakurai had opted for Ridley, she may have never made it in Smash. I'm happy she did though. I feel like her addition to the roster has helped people appreciate the real Samus instead of looking only at the suit and saying, "Wait, that's a girl?" Yes, the sexualization can be annoying sometimes, but I don't think it's nearly as excessive as Smash 4 anymore. And even then, Bayontta made ZSS look modest by comparison.
Ehhhhhhhh we could have had Dark Samus then imo. Now we get Zero going "hmmmmmmmmm bewbs too small big nerf"
The cinematic final smashes give me a MvC vibe

Which I like

btw I'm so happy Lucario's final smash changed
And thus we get Nintendo VS Capcom in the near future

KMDP

Smash Legend
But Gweeeeeeeeen~ don't you know reducing a girl's bosom is a crime against humanity?

More seriously, depending on what version you use,, Tifa is about the same size as :4zss: or :ultzss:, and neither were a problem (to most people).

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Not really, cause it's more visually interesting, especially as Ridley's is supposed to be him ramming you so hard he sends you into space. Although most final smash being made samey now does kind of suck
I guess it looks cool when you get auto-executed after a certain percentage, but I find it odd when it's used at low percentages, you just end up in the same place after the FS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom