• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
.....wait.
I smell cross-promotion opportunity.
Kalatina in Smash and some Smash-based characters like Mario, Link, etc. as Event characters in GBF.
Considering the nature of Smash, it'd probably be handled like the Zone of Enders collab was, or the Uma Musume collab

Shroob

Sup?
.....wait.
I smell cross-promotion opportunity.
Kalatina in Smash and some Smash-based characters like Mario, Link, etc. as Event characters in GBF.
The story for that would just be ****ing weird.

And they've collabed with everything under the sun yet were able to pull the "It was another dimension!" ****.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Which is why I'm wondering the whole "Square rep" thing in the first place, because I think we've found every character to have major problems in one way or another.
To be fair a lot of the fandom can probably come up with several major problems for any character inclusion. Ridley had a MAJOR problem for so long until he got added. The smash fanbase aint exactly the best with reasoning out whether something can happen or not.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the biggest sales driver would be Sora, so it's probably just him. Negotiations with Disney might not be as big a problem as we're thinking tbh
I dunno, after NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy talked about the whole legalities with every company involved that isn't just Disney regarding Sora, I kinda lost faith in him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was a closet supporter for Agnes/Tiz/Ringabel/Edea for Smash 4 DLC.

And then Cloud turned up and I was like "yeah, ok, I guess that's not happening."
Which is a shame because this TRACK IS SO GOOD

IT'S THE "YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES" TO BRAVELY DEFAULT.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
ok katalina disbelievers
i'm going to put it this way
the 221 katalina images on gelbooru will become 22100 when she gets in smash
For the record, her pixiv count is 270 images and of that, it's 30% R18.

That's actually staggeringly high of a ratio

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I was a closet supporter for Agnes/Tiz/Ringabel/Edea for Smash 4 DLC.

And then Cloud turned up and I was like "yeah, ok, I guess that's not happening."
Which is a shame because this TRACK IS SO GOOD

IT'S LIKE THE "YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES" TO BRAVELY DEFAULT.
Bravely Stage with That Person's Name Is stage-morphing into Gaur Plains with You Will Know Our Names

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
is sugiyama the reason why dq titles take an eternity to get localized (if they even get localized?) cuz if he is, then **** him and the horse he rode in on.
It's mainly because there's a **** ton of text. But **** him anyway because he doesn't let the localised versions use orchestrated music while the Japanese versions get to have it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
ok katalina disbelievers
i'm going to put it this way
the 221 katalina images on gelbooru will become 22100 when she gets in smash
That... says nothing.
That applies to literally every character that gets into Smash, and hell, some that DON'T get into Smash.
rip lyn2.jpg

possessed Lyn.jpg
Yes I'm still mad.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Jokes aside, I don't think Geno is as dead as people say. Granted, I don't think he's likely anymore either. I hope for 2B, but I know characters like Slime/Erdrick, Sora, etc. are far more likely.
*@Luigi The President wants to know your location*
That... says nothing.
That applies to literally every character that gets into Smash, and hell, some that DON'T get into Smash.
View attachment 177446
View attachment 177447
Yes I'm still mad.
Lyn has a lot more r34 than Katalina and she's not in Smash either. Katalina isn't lewded all that much to be honest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jokes aside, I don't think Geno is as dead as people say. Granted, I don't think he's likely anymore either. I hope for 2B, but I know characters like Slime/Erdrick, Sora, etc. are far more likely.
Don't kid yourself, mate. Geno is dead.

Also c'mon, as much as it's ridiculous to say, but 2B has more of a chance than a Dragon Quest rep. At least your favorite franchise isn't held back by a nationalist.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A couple of things;

Don't wish death upon anyone. It's inappropriate. This is a verbal warning. Actual Warnings/Infractions will be handed out next time. Enough about it. It doesn't matter if the person is a horrible person or not. Show some maturity instead.

Please don't post media-only replies. They are spam. Make sure to always have context in your posts instead.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Dude, the vocal tracks are RADICAL.
My favorite's probably Baby Bird.
Why SE went all-out on hiring Revo/Linked Horizon for a game they didn't even initially have confidence in to sell well in Japan will remain a mystery forever, but I'm so glad they did.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
With everything, I feel the need to say that we all don't know what and how the DLC Pass will pan out. Be conserved and don't let your biases overtake your emotions.

And with that i have to say i don't necessarily agree with Hitagi's points. It feels too detailed for my liking.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I wish, but they'd be too new.
Octopath is too new for DLC?

Huh. Really wasn't expecting too new to be used during this time period.

I hear a good chunk of people refer to Edelgard as a likely contender for DLC and her game is not even out yet and a lot of people dreading 'advertisement choices' *spooky noise here* so this really threw me for a loop.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So, we have DLC till 2020? Or is it a placeholder?
I still didnt quite understand that part.
Seems to be the current estimate at least. Sakurai said that DLC development could take up to a year and seems PP is estimated to release in February so Feb 2020 is the estimate that most matches up with that

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, Agnes and Tifa are my 2 most wanted Square reps period. I have brought up both multiple times, but I feel like the fanbase is too fixated on Sora, Geno, and a DQ rep to actually consider them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, Agnes and Tifa are my 2 most wanted Square reps period. I have brought up both multiple times, but I feel like the fanbase is too fixated on Sora, Geno, and a DQ rep to actually consider them.
A Bravely rep makes the most sense to me because honestly, it seems easy. Promoting it is in the interest of both Nintendo and SE, and it's a Nintendo-exclusive franchise with a lot of success behind it--to the point of its overseas performance surprising SE.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think he 'owns' the rights to the Dragon Quest music or some ****.

Same reason why the music in Smash for FF is soo ****y.
To be fair, it's kinda respectable the way SquareEnix gives the music rights to it's composers. It's a very artist-friendly policy.

It just sucks in these very specific instances and said composers want to be difficult.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
A Bravely rep makes the most sense to me because honestly, it seems easy. Promoting it is in the interest of both Nintendo and SE, and it's a Nintendo-exclusive franchise with a lot of success behind it--to the point of its overseas performance surprising SE.
Unless a Bravely rep was already in the works, at this point, I think there's no way a Bravely rep gets in instead of an Octopath rep. The Bravely games were mildly successful portable games, while Octopath has been an extremely successful Switch game.

Octopath seems more now to have been SE's way of gauging interest for a continuation of Bravely on Switch. It worked.
That's good news, because I like Bravely's mechanics more than Octopaths.

I just wish it had a better art style and writing. But maybe it'll get that with a bigger budget, which it might get with Octopath's success and the move to a console.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Unless a Bravely rep was already in the works, at this point, I think there's no way a Bravely rep gets in instead of an Octopath rep. The Bravely games were mildly successful portable games, while Octopath has been an extremely successful Switch game.
Yeah, but it released WAY too goddamn late. A 2018 release for a game just... doesn't seem feasible for Smash DLC, especially when you have 8 protagonists.

D

Deleted member

Octopath is too new for DLC?

Huh. Really wasn't expecting too new to be used during this time period.

I hear a good chunk of people refer to Edelgard as a likely contender for DLC and her game is not even out yet and a lot of people dreading 'advertisement choices' *spooky noise here* so this really threw me for a loop.
Oh trust me, I would've thought the same thing. Then all my hopes and dreams were crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom