• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You're telling me and i thought I was the biggest pervert on the planet lol :p
I just can't get into material like this for any reason. Not gonna spoil it for anyone else, but I literally don't get what suddenly made her loveable today.

Also not trying to rage, if I sound like I'm getting there.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just checked. There are 221 Katalina images on Gelbooru, and over 20000 Granblue images as a whole.
I think y'all are seriously underestimating how popular Granblue is in Japan.

If we get Katalina, can this be her Final Smash
I mean if you wanna get real technical that's an alt for Vira not Katalina.
I'd still love it though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's too early to accept her. That can be done only when/if Sakurai factually shows her with proof, not when random joe schmo on the Internet claims she's in.

You know, this reminds me of one of my favorite parts of NieR

It's crazy how everyone's view of Katalina changed so quickly. I mean, I was always fine with her. But now everyone doesn't seem to mind.

NOTE: that **** doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. it could mean "kill" too...
I've been on the "eh, whatever" camp a short while before this lunacy happened. Still a step up from the gay talk earlier...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I just can't get into material like this for any reason. Not gonna spoil it for anyone else, but I literally don't get what suddenly made her loveable today.

Oh no she's still a god awful choice for Smash just ****ing terrible

But as a Steve fan? Who hears that every day? I feel some sympathy for her supporters.

D

Deleted member

I mean
It's hard to deny that she is pretty cute

D

Deleted member

Okay, what if we get Katalina...

But it's actually Waluigi dressed as Katalina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, we could get Shaun the Sheep in Smash?
Along with 500 Japanese only things we've never heard of.
Still, that's a price I'd be willing to pay for a Claymation rep. (better shot than Clayman from The Neverhood or Rainbow Curse Kirby)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Hormones did.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Okay, what if we get Katalina...

But it's actually Waluigi dressed as Katalina.
That would be insanely and ironically spiteful given Waluigi's status in the fandom.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Read Katalina's dialogue.

This character SHOULD NOT BE IN SMASH fellas. She REALLY shouldn't.

BUT

As a Steve supporter, you know, the Minecraft guy y'all come for every single day I feel pretty bad for her supporters. And I honestly do like the character. As I said, I'm pretty simple. My favorite part of FE Fates was the characters, who were one-note, so that sums me up quite well.

So that was an interesting turn of events. If she gets in I won't be mad. I'll be mad about what surrounds her inclusion, as one should be, but it wouldn't be too unwelcome.

There's my thesis.

I mean...I want Dragonborn and Steve. Don't tell me you guys expect good things to come from me!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So she's not even the most popular character in the game then?
Granblue isn't even close the most popular gacha either.
Nope. That would be Puzzle & Dragons. Which has plenty of its own fanservice.

NineS

Smash Lord
Hitagi leaks possibility of Katalina in Smash.
Almost everyone gets angry and upset, feeling betrayed by Nintendo and fears the worse for Smash

This happens:

"Know what guys? Maybe Katalina isn't so bad after all. Let's give her a chance!"

Not trying to generalize. this was just for laughs.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Lemme say this again tho.

If Nintendo puts in Katalina they are ****ing morons. Japan-exclusive. Not the MC of the game she's in. 5 dollar DLC.
Like...I don't think somebody can argue this point.

But hey....Nintendo does what Nintendon't.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Almost everyone gets angry and upset, feeling betrayed by Nintendo and fears the worse for Smash

This happens:

"Know what guys? Maybe Katalina isn't so bad after all. Let's give her a chance!"

Hah I'm still angry and upset and feel betrayed if she's in the game but now I've actually done some research myself and am cool with the character herself.
But god damn Nintendo would be dumb to put her in.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Read Katalina's dialogue.

This character SHOULD NOT BE IN SMASH fellas. She REALLY shouldn't.

BUT

As a Steve supporter, you know, the Minecraft guy y'all come for every single day I feel pretty bad for her supporters. And I honestly do like the character. As I said, I'm pretty simple. My favorite part of FE Fates was the characters, who were one-note, so that sums me up quite well.

So that was an interesting turn of events. If she gets in I won't be mad. I'll be mad about what surrounds her inclusion, as one should be, but it wouldn't be too unwelcome.

There's my thesis.

I mean...I want Dragonborn and Steve. Don't tell me you guys expect good things to come from me!
based on the dialogue? does she have a sailor mouth or something?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

This happens:

Maybe if Steve poses in a thong everyone will get behind him

Shroob

Sup?
I'd say Fate G/O is larger, but funny enough Puzzle and Dragons has been on Nintendo systems and even had a Mario crossover on the 3DS.
View attachment 177312
F/GO still loses to Monster Strike.

Hell, F/GO only has a confirmed 15 million accounts, the only reason it 'seems' bigger than other gacha games is that:

Fate's a ****ing huge franchise in Japan

It's playerbase are gluttons for punishment and will throw untold money at the screen for .PNG waifus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom