• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Honestly I'm 50/50 on Katalina's inclusion.
I love her and Granblue Fantasy, but I'd be really weird for her to come in as paid DLC.
I want Granblue to become more well-known outside Japan, but including her in Smash may do more harm than good.
tbf, when has a character inclusion in Smash ever done more harm than good? I think people would be more interested in GBF if she was in, especially if she's high tier.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm open about my degeneracy in terms of appreciating certain characters

But on the other hand if the fanservice doesn't have a good character behind it otherwise it feels empty

though, i know nothing about Katalina except I really love this outfit

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
At this point if Katalina gets confirmed I'll just giggle like Shroob because she is pretty cool and also has hot

Roberk

Smash Champion
tbf, when has a character inclusion in Smash ever done more harm than good? I think people would be more interested in GBF if she was in, especially if she's high tier.
Corrin, I know people who hate FE on the premise of Corrin as Smash DLC.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Guys , Hitagi talked to me again about the Namco Bandai rep.

Here the screenshot of the chat from Reddit:

Hitagi2.jpg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

But on the other hand if the fanservice doesn't have a good character behind it otherwise it feels empty

So TB here's my own thoughts on Katalina because I live to annoy you with my commentary

She is pretty cool. Reminds me of an upbeat Lucina. Pretty protective of her friends. A little cliche, but cliches can still work.
Based off some research into her dialogue and all.
She's cool.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Consider the following:
Everything Looks like Granblue is trying to get popular in the west with a western release of Project Re: Link (which will probably come to Switch and is looking like a great game rn) and the Mobile game. So Nintendo and Granblue, knowing that that will happen, will add Katalina (While not the MC, seems like a Mascot of the series (partially cause of her looks) to Smash right when Granblue gets talked about, boosting Granblue’s popularity even higher and making her seem like a logical choice from a, at the moment, popular universe
Don't forget the ArcSys fighting game that was leaked, which might also be coming to Switch, since ArcSys already put Dragon Ball FighterZ on the Switch. That, plus the Platinum game (if it also comes to Switch) seem like enough "justification" for them to put her in. It would still be a joke, considering that she's not iconic in any way shape or form, and would be the most predictive character ever, but it's at least plausible from a business standpoint. They're investing in the success of CyGames for the sake of future collaborations and their 5% stake.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

beautiful dress, just beautiful

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So TB here's my own thoughts on Katalina because I live to annoy you with my commentary

She is pretty cool. Reminds me of an upbeat Lucina. Pretty protective of her friends. A little cliche, but cliches can still work.
Based off some research into her dialogue and all.
She's cool.
You don't annoy me, President

D

Deleted member

You better believe i'm making a comic about what just happened
Ooh, you better include me.
This entire situation has been pretty funny. Never knew I discussed smash brothers with such, uh, vigorous people.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Oh no man it's still stupid as hell lol
I don't think there's any real need to defend it. You can still totally want GBF rep in Smash. But it's undoubtedly a very poor idea, at least for the customers who are gonna buy the product. Primarily Western customers.
Oh, being honest, I don’t give a **** about GBF, never heard of it until this DLC speculation. Katalina seems kinda cool with the Water powers and she’s hot I guess, but I don’t really care about her.
It’s just that this might be a precised and planned move. At this point I’m pretty convinced the stuff I said in that point is true.
Nintendo is not dumb. Like really, a succesful Company like that wouldn’t add a 3rd party character only popular in Japan, unless they knew that they’re gonna become popular in the west.
This all seems like detailed planning to have Katalina in Smash be announced in the perfect moment for both companies to earn from it.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
We good with liking characters for degenerate reasons now?

Just another reason to shill
Jenosa.jpg

JENOSA ARMA FROM SCURGE HIVE, BAYBEEEEEEE

Sakurai I'm begging you please put discount Samus Aran in the game

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, being honest, I don’t give a **** about GBF, never heard of it until this DLC speculation. Katalina seems kinda cool with the Water powers and she’s hot I guess, but I don’t really care about her.
It’s just that this might be a precised and planned move. At this point I’m pretty convinced the stuff I said in that point is true.
Nintendo is not dumb. Like really, a succesful Company like that wouldn’t add a 3rd party character only popular in Japan, unless they knew that they’re gonna become popular in the west.
This all seems like detailed planning to have Katalina in Smash be announced in the perfect moment for both companies to earn from it.
It's incredibly precise. i don't doubt it. it's just there's no guarantee she'll become popular in the west.

Potato_

Smash Lord
My Discord guild for Granblue(Yeah, Granblue has guilds like WoW does), is having a collective chuckle.

Say, "Hi Discord!"
Hi discord, what is a Granblue?

Also what does Katalina even do? Like how does she fight?

please help I am confused and the thread so far has just been posting lewd stuff and there's actually a chance for her to make it and nothing even makes sense right now

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Corrin, I know people who hate FE on the premise of Corrin as Smash DLC.
Eh, FE fans hated Corrin before Smash and continue to hate Corrin after Smash, so nothing really changed. Smash fans, on the other hand, didn't know Corrin before Smash and liked her after Smash.

D

Deleted member

There’s a second Namco rep, as i expected.

This would fill my “two franchises per third party” theory at last, since it would end up like this:

-Sega (Bayonetta and Sonic The Hedgehog)
-Konami (Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania)
-Capcom (Megaman and Street Fighter)
-Namco (Pac-Man and DLC)
-Square Enix (Final Fantasy and DLC)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Corrin.
As much as I love the character, I have to admit that a lot of people don't like Corrin or FE because of their inclusion in Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hi discord, what is a Granblue?

Also what does Katalina even do? Like how does she fight?

please help I am confused and the thread so far has just been posting lewd stuff and there's actually a chance for her to make it and nothing even makes sense right now
Katalina is a support character in her home game.
Weapon is a rapier.
Utilizes water magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom