• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think people are angry about it cause everyone suffers from "WhO DAT" syndrome where if they don't know who a character is, they obviously aren't popular (obviously), and so not "deserving" of a slot, whatever that means

Or some hate boner for mobile games
I get the initial hate because it's a choice that at the present makes no sense, but is clearly setting up future Granblue stuff in the west. That and obviously people REALLY want the character they want, or at least one they're indifferent to/recognize.

I think it's going to be another Incineroar situation where once people see her in action they'll want to play her.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Anyways, you all should give my boi 9-Volt some more respect. Ashley overshadows alot of the WarioWare reps but 9-Volt could be really cool as well. We can also maybe get an 18-Volt semi-clone.
gamer a real gamer.png

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
I get the initial hate because it's a choice that at the present makes no sense, but is clearly setting up future Granblue stuff in the west. That and obviously people REALLY want the character they want, or at least one they're indifferent to/recognize.

I think it's going to be another Incineroar situation where once people see her in action they'll want to play her.
Apparantly talks fell through though

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

NineS

Smash Lord
This is the biggest 180 I've ever seen. You all went from saying Katalina would be horrible to praising her very existence.

Can we do this to other characters more often? I have a few characters that need a bit more recognition ;)
Great idea!
Hey guys, why not support 2B?
Come on! You know you want to! This is artwork from her appearance in
SINoALICE, another mobile game.
She's a way better fit.
Come on!
2B or not 2B folks. Let's make it 2B, for the Glory of Smashkind.

This one is for those of you Yoko-Taro's. I hope you're happy.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Can't say Im surprised. lol. But did it take this long for people to actually look up what the character they are arguing about looks like?
Nah everyone's seen that one image of her in her armor. Been posted here multiple times.

It took until now for them to find the OTHER images. And well, I wasn't looking for those but now I know they're a thing.

D

Deleted member

So is Granblue supposed to take place in a standard swords and sorcery world?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Great idea!
She's a way better fit.
Come on!
that one gif of her walking in the sewers with her skirt off would probably be more effective, honestly

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nah everyone's seen that one image of her in her armor. Been posted here multiple times.

It took until now for them to find the OTHER images. And well, I wasn't looking for those but now I know they're a thing.
Actually
I've been picturing her as a blue haired Fire Emblem character for days now
Completely forgot what she looked like

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Great idea!
She's a way better fit.
Come on!
2B or not 2B folks. Let's make it 2B, for the Glory of Smashkind.
Sorry, it ain’t working for me.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Great idea!
She's a way better fit.
Come on!

This isn't even close to the level of fanservice that they do for 2B. It's pretty ridiculous.at times, but at least there's a canon reason to her base outfit kinda?

You haven't even shown them the Kaine outfit yet.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo got a buncha bad *******, and even Palutena got a pole dance taunt, yet y'all horny over Great Value-brand Fire Emblem.

This is why Nintendo threw away the Fighter Ballot results.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Can't say Im surprised. lol. But did it take this long for people to actually look up what the character they are arguing about looks like?
I'm also confused on how most of us has literally known her for at least a few weeks and just now decided she's waifu material, and I'm not even on the bandwagon. It's funny, but with an ironic twist.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
This isn't even close to the level of fanservice that they do for 2B. It's pretty ridiculous.at times, but at least there's a canon reason to her base outfit kinda?

You haven't even shown them the Kaine outfit yet.
I know, but I don't know if I want to take drastic measures.
Sorry, it ain’t working for me.
You're tempting me to take drastic measures.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nintendo got a buncha bad *******, and even Palutena got a pole dance taunt, yet y'all horny over Great Value-brand Fire Emblem.

me no like game
me say knock off
:yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just want to say that if you were dissapointed at Bayonetta’s inclusion back then, you aren’t allowed to be falling for Katalina now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Quickly, post a semi-lewd reporter to get Smashboards attention
Uhh.... no... I wanna keep this account, thank you very much

But I'll do this instead...
Here's her in a pretty cute Kimono...
Komono_Reporter.png

Now go support her... thanks...

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
bruh those are my favorite kinds of additions
Clearly, since you were one of the first people to really hop on the Plant Train here from what I remember.

Honestly they're whatever to me. As long as they have a fun moveset I'll be down.

Roberk

Smash Champion

>Character has a medieval theme.
>FE knockoff

Do y'all actually dislike these games and franchises or do y'all just not like medieval themes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom