• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Just lemme put this in perspective

We live in a timeline where we must seriously entertain Steve Minecraft, Katalina from a Japan-exclusive mobile game, and potentially a Bethesda rep.

What the **** is happening
Hey, you know as well as I do - if Dovahkiin’s in, than I’m good with whoever.

I don’t put much stock in leaks, but it looks like people only asked Hitagi about Doomguy, and are using that to discount all of Bethesda...as if Beth has no other characters...

I’mma keep praying for us :shades:

How does this song, Having a Good Time, fits this Smash commerical video very well?
This is nothing short of glorious.

LetterO

Smash Lord
This is the biggest 180 I've ever seen. You all went from saying Katalina would be horrible to praising her very existence.

Can we do this to other characters more often? I have a few characters that need a bit more recognition ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So yeah, we would finally have two franchises for each third party company.

Iridium

Smash Hero
At this point, if Katalina doesn't get in, all I'll say is that she got a heck of a lot more attention than I was expecting from the start of the Ultimate speculation cycle. Not sure if I should be baffled or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, considering the reaction people in this thread have had to katalina based on looks alone, maybe the reaction if she actually gets revealed won’t be as bad I’d have expected,

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is the biggest 180 I've ever seen. You all went from saying Katalina would be horrible to praising her very existence.

Can we do this to other characters more often? I have a few characters that need a bit more recognition ;)
i mean i'm super open minded to virtually everyone

i maybe have a list of like 3 characters i wouldn't be excited about and the most popular on that list is Dante

Potato_

Smash Lord
Katalina is a support character in her home game.
Weapon is a rapier.
Utilizes water magic.
Okay Rapier is cool as ****. Water magic can be cool I guess?

At least she doesn't look fanservicy in the base armor too.

oh god I'm actually coming around to this aren't I

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Bring 'em on. Sometimes I remember my ungrateful self got SNAKE, K. ROOL, INCINEROAR, AND ALL MY MAINS ALL IN THE SAME GAME...so it's time to spread the love.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay Rapier is cool as ****. Water magic can be cool I guess?

At least she doesn't look fanservicy in the base armor too.

oh god I'm actually coming around to this aren't I
I think people are angry about it cause everyone suffers from "WhO DAT" syndrome where if they don't know who a character is, they obviously aren't popular (obviously), and so not "deserving" of a slot, whatever that means

Or some hate boner for mobile games

Roberk

Smash Champion
Eh, FE fans hated Corrin before Smash and continue to hate Corrin after Smash, so nothing really changed. Smash fans, on the other hand, didn't know Corrin before Smash and liked her after Smash.
Nah, I'm talking about the Smash fanbase in general. Where some people take Smash too seriously and let a certain character inclusion be their reasoning for hating an entire series which they haven't tried.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Guys looks the Chorus Kids are hot pls support (thank you whoever made this on the chorus kids support thread) image.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Wish I could use the lewd trojan horse tactic. But wanting to **** my most wanted is tantamount to paedophilia; wanting to **** my second most wanted is asking for a paper cut **** and wanting to **** my third most wanted is just bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom