• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
>suddenly this surge of Katalina support

reminder that I was 100% behind Katalina as DLC before it was cool

D

Deleted member

You get me, Pres.

Rational side: Why would we want this mobile character in Smash?

Primal side: Cuz she's a cutie, my dude.
Ah yes, the everlasting struggle between our human and lizard brains.
A tale as old as time and one that I constantly lose whenever I get cut off on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok gang I'm gonna go do some Katalina research so I can be actually informed when we debate about her. I'll let you guys know what I think. If she's got an interesting character, moveset, all that.

(THIS IS GENUINE. THIS ISN'T A FUNNY SEX JOKE I PROMISE.)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
do you want he because you want her in the game or don you want her because your **** wants her in the game

because if its your **** talking, there is this lil site called Gelbooru that will help
You leave Luigi the President alone!
If she thinks Katalina should be in cuz she's a hottie with a body YOU LET HER THINK THAT

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Seriously though i still got my doubts cuz of the timing and Verge not saying anything specifically. I still think shes Season 2 DLC.

LetterO

Smash Lord
this won

i'm believing it until proven otherwise fight me
-Shantae is a spirit
-He says that Nintendo chose the DLC which isn't true. They gave Sakurai a list of characters and he chose
-Globox wouldn't work as a Rayman echo at all
-Sakurai already said Echos won't be DLC

D

Deleted member

Just checked. There are 221 Katalina images on Gelbooru, and over 20000 Granblue images as a whole.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm going to laugh if it turns out she's not in anyway long after this board went into Acceptance phase. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, given our karma.

Anyway, any guesses for tonight's update?

Seriously though i still got my doubts cuz of the timing and Verge not saying anything specifically. I still think shes Season 2 DLC.
Probably. He hasn't had any perfect record on any games yet, either, but that's besides the point.

Guh, I wish it was the TGA already, this Winter's going to be rough.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
-Shantae is a spirit
-He says that Nintendo chose the DLC which isn't true. They gave Sakurai a list of characters and he chose
-Globox wouldn't work as a Rayman echo at all
-Sakurai already said Echos won't be DLC
let me have any hope that this is going to be good

Our first stop on the "is Katalina actually cool" journey, is her TVTropes page.

Come with me. Let us learn.
wow i've never wanted to click a link less than right now

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Smh you all succumbed to Katalina due to her looks. Tsk tsk tsk.
I'm absolutely apathetic to Katalina's sex appeal. Anyone can be drawn with a cute face, does nothing to sell the character to me.

NineS

Smash Lord
You know, this reminds me of one of my favorite parts of NieR

It's crazy how everyone's view of Katalina changed so quickly. I mean, I was always fine with her. But now everyone doesn't seem to mind.

NOTE: that **** doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. it could mean "kill" too...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like her design, but TBH I'm not really one for fan service, so that ain't why I want her.

I just think her design is cool and she sounds fun.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Every time someone mentions Katalina and we get "those" reactions, I feel a bit more normal, and even my expectations are low.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
TVTropes does not have much to say about Katalina. Here's what I picked up.

1. If you like Lucina, you're gonna like Katalina.
  2. She's stern but has a very strong sense of justice and a moral compass.
  3. She's actually a Paladin. She does healing stuff and buffs her allies.
  4. She loves cute things.
So not much. So far, because I am incredibly easy to please, I am enjoying the character. However, objectively, no, she is not a deep character with lore yet. We will now be continuing to the big dog.

Her wiki page. Specifically the Lore part of it. Come along.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Putting aside her looks, water + a true rapier seems to me like something that would be amazing in the hands of the guy who made :ultpiranha: interesting. I can imagine her sword having small hitboxes but her attacks being fast, or exaggerating :ultmarth:'s tipper mechanic.

D

Deleted member

I'm absolutely apathetic to Katalina's sex appeal. Anyone can be drawn with a cute face, does nothing to sell the character to me.
I think the same freaking thing.

The Thing taught me on the Fantastic Four comics the importance of the personality and mentality of a being over its look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom