• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Um...

The main cast's bodies were still present after they died in JoJo's too, at least for a while.

Okay, let's say the world starts accelerating and Kirby has to try and return the souls of the characters to their dead bodies before they begin to decompose.

Being "dead", Made in Heaven treats them like inanimate objects and they decompose to ash immediately.

There we go, reset characters.
No, the life has to literally escape for them to be different. Mario didn't die. Hell, nobody died. They are clones, but you aren't rescuing the clones, you're rescuing the actual characters.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
That face when you win almost every major tournament because your Final Smash puts your opponent to sleep, lets you recover almost all your percentage, and get off a fully charged Smash attack:

imagine winning a competitive match by pressing a single button and hitting someone with an insta-kill move through the bottom of the stage
this post was made by gang pizza :ultike::ultike::ultike:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know what? I missed when everyone was doing their predictions! Well I must now. AHEM.

1) Square Rep: With Verge stating there is a SqRep, it is going to happen. Now with Nintendo picking though...Its all up in the air. So I will give my two cents on the likely characters. (This will be the only one I go really in depth with)

Sora - Big name, cause internet to go berserk from sheer hype. Certainly, people know who Sora is and probably voted for him in the Ballots years ago. New game is coming out soon.
Back Draw: Would Nintendo advertise a game not on there platform? Especially coming up in 2 literal months? Especially if the supposed SqRep is gonna be announced at the VGA's? Now some may say 'But Snake could have been used to promote MGS4!' Yes, he could have...but there was half a year between the games Brawl and MGS4. Where as, we have Ultimate in December and KH3 in January. Its hard to say.

Geno - Fan demand in the Smash community. Could have placed high in the Smash Ballot. Was a character from a Mario game on the SNES. Would be a love letter from Nintendo AND Square.
Back Draw: Owned by Square. They could push to have a different fighter to be represented in Smash. Nintendo could see the Mii costume to be GOOD ENOUGH. Outside of the Smash Community, Geno is hidden to casual players compared to others (like Sora). Would Nintendo want to promote a side character from an old game? Its hard to say.

Sime or Dragon Quest Avatar - Incredibly popular in Japan. Would introduce western audiences to the franchise who are not familiar. They had several games on Nintendo over the years. New game was released to the west months back.
Back Draw: Not as popular in the West (But building). Uncertain WHEN a Switch version of the game is coming. Nintendo may not want to promote the series if they themselves don't know WHEN it will be on the Switch. Would Nintendo have a SqRep that appeases only a portion of the demographic? Its hard to say.

2) Microsoft Rep: Honestly, its a toss up. Steve? makes sense if Minecraft content is COMING. Unless, Minecraft is already in the game with Spirits in which case...Banjo & Kazooie could happen. With talks of a N64 mini or whatever coming, might be possible Rare titles could be on it. And if not, who knows.

3) Namco Rep: We HAVE to get one. Lloyd Irving makes sense, but Vesperia is coming soon and Nintendo picking characters.... Yuri Lowell could be picked to promote the upcoming game. I personally dont see Heihachi happening, but I could be wrong. Also KOS-MOS, because she would be a neat addition.

4) Nintendo Rep: This WILL happen. Bandana Waddle Dee makes sense, but honestly, this one is up in the air!

5) New Franchise Rep: Though Microsoft could fill these shoes, eh lets have fun! Give me Atlus Rep! I will take any Persona rep, but with SMT V coming in the works and Nintendo wants to promote stuff....It wont happen, but MAYBE get SMT V Protag as DLC.

There you go.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Not that I’m ignoring this dumb argument from detractors, but Ashley’s age confuses me. Is she a kid or a teenager? I heard that NoA considers her to be 15 on the WarioWare: Touched! website but Japan doesn’t give her an age or something like that. In that April Fool’s Crazy Galaxy thing she’s taller yet still looks like a half pint.

Is she one of those...uh...******* like Krillin or something?
she's a kid, she still goes to grade school

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
-It's almost impossible to try and get other people on board with Ashley, because you can only like a young character if you're a pedo apparently.
Hey, you wrote that it was okay, not me.

(you).png

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Twintelle -
Unlikely:
Everything I said is grasping at straws honestly :p
She's just not likely. Also the fact that Rex was "too late" if we are to understand Sakurai's comment about his Mii costume, then a new IP that came out the same year is probably also too late.

I'm honestly hoping for her, but in no way expecting her.
adding a second character with witch time would cause some people to actually die from salt overload so i think that also is a negative.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not that I’m ignoring this dumb argument from detractors, but Ashley’s age confuses me. Is she a kid or a teenager? I heard that NoA considers her to be 15 on the WarioWare: Touched! website but Japan doesn’t give her an age or something like that. In that April Fool’s Crazy Galaxy thing she’s taller yet still looks like a half pint.

Is she one of those...uh...******* like Krillin or something?
She's somewhere between 8 and 17, that's all I know.
Warioware's new artstyle making everyone all chibi doesn't help either.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd Irving

+Isn't seen as a Spirit or AT in game.
+Had a DLC mii costume released in the same wave as Chrom & K. Rool, so he must have done well in the ballot.
+The overall most requested Namco character after Pac-Man.
+Tales of Vesperia HD is coming to Switch and all other current platforms in January, as well as an unknown Tales Switch game is suppose to be coming as well.. So this would help promotion if DLC is aiming for that.
+Has history with Nintendo as he debuted on the Nintendo Gamecube and had a Gaiden sequel on the Wii as well as his appearance as the guest of Soul Calibur Legends also on Wii. And Nintendo helped advertise Tales of Symphonia in the west.
+ Tales of Symphonia's director and Producer worked on both 4 and Ultimate. The latter commenting that he would love a Tales character and that the director would agree. https://nintendoeverything.com/yoshizumi-on-including-tales-characters-in-next-smash-bros-more/

-Faces competition with the possibly 2nd Namco rep, Heihachi.
-Possibly considered not profitable enough by Nintendo & Sakurai
-Namco gets left in the dust with only 1 character for whatever reason.

Banjo & Kazooie

+His overall iconicness in the gaming world.
+Phil Spencer's talks with Nintendo during Smash's development and him being ok with Banjo in Smash.
+Pretty much highly requested by nearly everyone on the internet so it wouldn't be surprising if he was very high in the ballot.
+The great history the duo & Rare in general had with Nintendo before the Microsoft ownership.
+Vergeben's leak about minecraft content more or less means Microsoft will have content in Smash.

-Steve could be chosen instead of him.
-Microsoft being stingy.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Does ARMS really have a main character?

Like Springman is on the box, but there's really no one that can be 'the main character'.
It's pretty obvious he's the main character. In all the promotional material he's up front. He has an evil Doppelganger of himself made by the villian. And he's the first character introduced to the player. He's fighter #1.

D

Deleted member

Isn't ashley that explosion girl from that japanese cartoon with a light novel protagonist, lalatina and a blue trash can?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
welcome to the club.
she won't allow it, but i'm afraid that doesn't stop certain people.

you bring a good point. if she was brought in, they'd nerf her like they nerfed snake.
or corrin.
I'd still play her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What makes your most wanted newcomers likely and unlikely to be in Smash?
Hmmm...

KOS-MOS:
+Namco's Crossover Queen
+Still marketable if her merchandise is any indication
+Someone at Namco loves her if they're not actually profiting from her merchandise
+Namco renewed the trademark to Xenosaga Episode III, which could foreshadow something more
+Has been in Snake's shoes as far as appearances on Nintendo goes, and has proper cameos that are bigger than Cloud's in terms of story significance
+Isn't another karate user, sword user, furry, lizard, or some fighter clad in armor. She's actually a bit of everything: Can fight, uses a beam sword for some attacks, her headwear is designed to look cat-like, she has a skill called "Dragon Tooth", and she's her own armor in Soul Calibur III practically. She's a walking one-woman swissarmy knife...army

-Comes from a...not-so-successful franchise that is deemed inferior to its predecessor and spiritual successor
-Still treated by detractors as a "Literal Who" in the most derogatory sense you can imagine, which places her in a niche spot
-Sakurai might not see a reason to add another Xeno character beyond Shulk at this point, and would probably rather add Elma in the roster
-Has yet to appear in a crossover with pvp elements portraying her faithfully, and none of the crossovers do any better than her home series anyway
-There's no telling if Namco would bother advertising her in Smash unless they plan to use her for something big. On the flipside, Monolithsoft could potentially be working on something Xenosaga-related so this issue could be avoided potentially
-Has competition with the likes of the other karate user, the other sword users, the other furry, the other lizard, and the other knight. They get mentioned over and over to the point that any of them may have vastly outdone her in popularity polls. The curse of being obscure, really...

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Well **** might as well post the page too.

Yo what the hell man, I thought it was just Tougon joking around. Stop spoiling **** for a popular ongoing show even though the original manga came out decades ago.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm okay with Ashley in Smash but mainly because I love magic users in games and outside of Zelda and Robin we don't really have magic users in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but whose to say if exposed to the west that her series will become popular there like Fire Emblem did?
Maybe it's the skeptic in me, but gacha games aren't that popular in the West due to the whole "Pay to Win" aspect of mobile games and the perception they must face.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No, the life has to literally escape for them to be different. Mario didn't die. Hell, nobody died. They are clones, but you aren't rescuing the clones, you're rescuing the actual characters.
Look, I know you want to get the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure facts straight, but you ruined the joke T3Z3R1 T3Z3R1 and I were making just to be "right".

Besides that, Souls canonically exist in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Stand Users can even see the souls as they leave the body and go to heaven after death.

Under many forms of mythology, the Soul is synonymous with Life, no soul, no life. I was operating under that logic for that particular instance of the joke I was making.

NineS

Smash Lord
you guys are looking into it too much it's most definitely not phallic
I... Well, maybe you're right. Maybe we're the phallic ones.
I know I usually post high quality art, but today i'm gonna do something different.
I present to you all this dumb meme I made when I was sleepy at 7 in the morning.

View attachment 176591
I come back at you with this:

please note i actually like incineroar and piranha plant

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lloyd Irving

+Isn't seen as a Spirit or AT in game.
+Had a DLC mii costume released in the same wave as Chrom & K. Rool, so he must have done well in the ballot.
+The overall most requested Namco character after Pac-Man.
+Tales of Vesperia HD is coming to Switch and all other current platforms in January, as well as an unknown Tales Switch game is suppose to be coming as well.. So this would help promotion if DLC is aiming for that.
+Has history with Nintendo as he debuted on the Nintendo Gamecube and had a Gaiden sequel on the Wii as well as his appearance as the guest of Soul Calibur Legends also on Wii. And Nintendo helped advertise Tales of Symphonia in the west.
+ Tales of Symphonia's director and Producer worked on both 4 and Ultimate. The latter commenting that he would love a Tales character and that the director would agree. https://nintendoeverything.com/yoshizumi-on-including-tales-characters-in-next-smash-bros-more/

-Faces competition with the possibly 2nd Namco rep, Heihachi.
-Possibly considered not profitable enough by Nintendo & Sakurai
-Namco gets left in the dust with only 1 character for whatever reason.

Banjo & Kazooie

+His overall iconicness in the gaming world.
+Phil Spencer's talks with Nintendo during Smash's development and him being ok with Banjo in Smash.
+Pretty much highly requested by nearly everyone on the internet so it wouldn't be surprising if he was very high in the ballot.
+The great history the duo & Rare in general had with Nintendo before the Microsoft ownership.
+Vergeben's leak about minecraft content more or less means Microsoft will have content in Smash.

-Steve could be chosen instead of him.
-Microsoft being stingy.
Why can’t Microsoft have two reps? Konami, Capcom, and SEGA all do.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
>ripped from their bodies
>Mario's physical body is still there
>AKA Mario is not dead

Nah. They were taken to the shadow realm. Yugi Muto confirmed.

Explaining how an ability works isn't a spoiler.
Sometimes it just might be. I preferred learning what D4C in-text instead of it being told to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look, I know you want to get the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure facts straight, but you ruined the joke T3Z3R1 T3Z3R1 and I were making just to be "right".

Besides that, Souls canonically exist in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Stand Users can even see the souls as they leave the body and go to heaven after death.

Under many forms of mythology, the Soul is synonymous with Life, no soul, no life. I was operating under that logic for that particular instance of the joke I was making.
If the joke is ruined stop going with it.

Yo what the hell man, I thought it was just Tougon joking around. Stop spoiling **** for a popular ongoing show even though the original manga came out decades ago.
You know if that was an actual spoiler I'd put it in a spoiler tag right

If you read the manga like a woke boy you'd know DIO looks nothing like that in Part 5's artstyle.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anything of interest happening as of lateor is it still mostly about DLC predictions with the same commonly talked about characters on there?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I... Well, maybe you're right. Maybe we're the phallic ones.

I come back at you with this:

please note i actually like incineroar and piranha plant
Just realized that Sakurai's shirt has WWE logo's all over.

Also, for such a Tactician who is "Always three/two steps ahead", Robin is now only now 5 steps behind

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That face when you win almost every major tournament because your Final Smash puts your opponent to sleep, lets you recover almost all your percentage, and get off a fully charged Smash attack:

And people thought the Blossom attack was too slow.

She would be really cool.
Too bad it's never happening.
Yeah, everyone else from Warioware must come first. She's no :ultisabelle:.

This stuff is what I live for.
God I love Incineroar.
Indeed, I will say I'm glad I kept this, it'll come in handy.

1477681347426.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom