• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Square is still on their knees to the Big N after Octopath Traveler, and especially hitting that big one million sales count. Anything Nintendo would like Square would possibly oblige.
I don't think so.
Squenix is a pretty big company.
Not exactly suck-ups.

It's a matter of Nintendo wanting Geno. I don't really see why they would.

NineS

Smash Lord
I don't need it's love, I need it to stay away from me.

I'd beat it up, but it's November.
The best way to defeat Mara isn't to beat it, or tease it. Simply ignore it.

But give Mara too much attention, and it may revive again out of excitement...
Foul beast.
Twintelle -

Likely:
With Springman and AT and Ribbon Girl a Mii costume, she has a little less competition from her series. She's extremely popular in the game, to the point of Nintendo realizing this and putting her in the Test Punch early. She's unique, and if Nintendo gave a list of characters it's possible they suggested a character from one of their newest series.

Unlikely:
Everything I said is grasping at straws honestly :p
She's just not likely. Also the fact that Rex was "too late" if we are to understand Sakurai's comment about his Mii costume, then a new IP that came out the same year is probably also too late.

I'm honestly hoping for her, but in no way expecting her.
I want Min Min for Smash if we get an ARMS rep.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im pretty that is how made in heaven works
He got the obvious part right, but he didn't get the other part right. Literally nothing changes unless Made in Heaven kills you. The universe doesn't get wonky immediately, it happens when you begin to change things by your hand before the cycle continues.

If it's a cycle, it's continuously repeating, have you considered that?

Pucci kills the Joestars, ergo history is rewritten, ergo he can do what DIO hadn't done before.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Oh Geno would not be an issue to negotiate at all imho
The issue is IF either party would negotiate for him, which I doubt
Well Square Enix just reported a loss of 33 million dollars. Best believe they'll be negotiating Geno as long as they obtain some kind of profit for him. This will be easy revenue for them and losing that much money wont give them much of a leg to stand on at a negotiation table. At this point, I can see Square handing over 2 characters IF Nintendo wanted them.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
THAT'S NOT HOW MADE IN HEAVEN WORKS YOU DINGUS
View attachment 176588
Are you sure?

Pretty sure that's exactly how Made in Heaven works.

The world gets faster and faster until it resets (to everyone but the living beings observing the phenomenon besides Pucci himself); after it resets, from Emporio's point of view, the "Jolyne" and "Jotaro" talking in the Visitor's Room in the Second Reality are poor quality knock-offs of the originals.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Giorno in that pose tho

But, seriously that looks like Dirk without trishade to me expect that he's gayer than ever.
Oh dude, you haven't even SEEN peak Jojo homo. That's not for another 2 parts.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are you sure?

Pretty sure that's exactly how Made in Heaven works.

The world gets faster and faster until it resets (to everyone but the living beings observing the phenomenon besides Pucci himself); after it resets, from Emporio's point of view, the "Jolyne" and "Jotaro" talking in the Visitor's Room in the Second Reality are poor quality knock-offs of the originals.
One problem: They didn't die.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He got the obvious part right, but he didn't get the other part right. Literally nothing changes unless Made in Heaven kills you. The universe doesn't get wonky immediately, it happens when you begin to change things by your hand before the cycle continues.

If it's a cycle, it's continuously repeating, have you considered that?

Pucci kills the Joestars, ergo history is rewritten, ergo he can do what DIO hadn't done before.
But all the characters in Smash Ultimate are dead except Kirby, Ariga.

D

Deleted member

Square is that cartoon protagonist who learns a valuable life lesson that traditional RPGs sell and then forgets it the next episode due to Negative Continuity. Twice.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If they're dead tell me how Mario got cloned. How anyone got cloned.
You're obviously taking the joke way too seriously.

Besides, the souls of literally every character (possibly even the main cast bar Kirby) were ripped from their bodies, that's pretty much death.
EDIT: I know characters have to be dead for Made in Heaven to replace them, I have read the manga unlike what you seem to be assuming.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think so.
Squenix is a pretty big company.
Not exactly suck-ups.

It's a matter of Nintendo wanting Geno. I don't really see why they would.
I don't think Nintendo is that stupid to neglect a request when they've been on a pretty consistent roll of listening, Online Service aside. If that wasn't the case, I honestly don't think Super Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild would be the games they are before us.

And trust me, we're all making sure Square is still sucking up after the gangbang that was the entirety of the Final Fantasy XIII saga. :nifty:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Square is that cartoon protagonist who learns a valuable life lesson that traditional RPGs sell and then forgets it the next episode due to Negative Continuity. Twice.
"Aw man remember how people really loved Bravely Default?"
'Yeah, how about we just pour a butt-load of money into this dumb FFXV expanded universe nobody gives a flying **** about."

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
What makes your most wanted newcomers likely and unlikely to be in Smash?
2B
+ Yoko Taro would be totes down with putting her in Smash
+ is going to be playable in SoulCalibur 6, so Square Enix isn't totally against having her in other games
- Hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console before
- Suffers the same problem Rex does in that her game didn't come out until well into Ultimate's production.

Sora
+ Disney has said they'd be fine with Sora in Smash if Nomura is
+ his games have appeared on Nintendo consoles before
- Disney and Nintendo supposedly have not been on nice terms, if Smashboards is to be believed
- Disney wants to respects Square Enix's decision, so if Squeenix says no, Sora's never getting in

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know I usually post high quality art, but today i'm gonna do something different.
I present to you all this dumb meme I made when I was sleepy at 7 in the morning.

Who would win.png

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Try to refrain from spoiling manga details for people in a Smash Bros. thread tho.

Youtube comments are already bad enough.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That face when you win almost every major tournament because your Final Smash puts your opponent to sleep, lets you recover almost all your percentage, and get off a fully charged Smash attack:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Besides, the souls of literally every character (possibly even the main cast bar Kirby) were ripped from their bodies, that's pretty much death.
>ripped from their bodies
>Mario's physical body is still there
>AKA Mario is not dead

Nah. They were taken to the shadow realm. Yugi Muto confirmed.

Try to refrain from spoiling manga details for people in a Smash Bros. thread tho.

Explaining how an ability works isn't a spoiler.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What makes your most wanted newcomers likely and unlikely to be in Smash?
Junko Enoshima: Other than Sakurai's note about the Danganronpa series, and maybe a V3 Switch port, none.

The Rest: Little to none as well, lol.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

EDIT: I know characters have to be dead for Made in Heaven to replace them, I have read the manga unlike what you seem to be assuming.
Not if I can win them back gambling.
... Or playing videogames.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I... think that people are putting too much faith into teh dlc characters being the "missing links" in smash popularity characters.

I honestly can predict that at least 4 of the 5 DLC characters will appeal to other fanbases different of the smash fanbase, like minecraft fanbase, mobile games fanbase, if posible play station fanbase, etc...

( I unironically think that they may put waluigi as teh fifth character if the characters were decided by a marketing team though)

D

Deleted member

At the end of Part 5, DIO gets his stand and kills Giorno, but he uses Gold Experience to resurrect himself from the dead and then he steals the vampire powers from DIO's body, killing him for good this time.

Whoops, my bad.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
why are they even getting another square character when they could barely get anything for final fantasy twice

it seems really, really stupid to me

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At the end of Part 5, DIO gets his stand and kills Giorno, but he uses Gold Experience to resurrect himself from the dead and then he steals the vampire powers from DIO's body, killing him for good this time.

Whoops, my bad.
Well **** might as well post the page too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
>ripped from their bodies
>Mario's physical body is still there
>AKA Mario is not dead
Um...

The main cast's bodies were still present after they died in JoJo's too, at least for a while.

Okay, let's say the world starts accelerating and Kirby has to try and return the souls of the characters to their dead bodies before they begin to decompose.

Being "dead", Made in Heaven treats them like inanimate objects and they decompose to ash immediately.

There we go, reset characters.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
- it’s hard to get people on board with Ashley, because you can only like a young character if you're a pedo apparently.
Not that I’m ignoring this dumb argument from detractors, but Ashley’s age confuses me. Is she a kid or a teenager? I heard that NoA considers her to be 15 on the WarioWare: Touched! website but Japan doesn’t give her an age or something like that. In that April Fool’s Crazy Galaxy thing she’s taller yet still looks like a half pint.

Is she one of those...uh...******* like Krillin or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom