• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Do you have any moveset you can show of the character? I am curious.
Chocobo has good access to a variety of jobs in his Mystery Dungeon game. If they implement the jobs into his moveset in an interesting way, he could be a really awesome and unique character. They could make it so he's able change into a few select jobs, thus giving him a pretty diverse moveset. Or make it so his four special moves each represent a different job altogether. Maybe even just have him use pop up cards, spell books, or regular chocobo moves from his freelancer job. I think the very first option is the best but I would enjoy any of these alternatives.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm thinking, who are character that Nintendo use in advertising that haven't shown in Smash yet?

Only one who was in that new 3DS fashion trailer who is not in Smash is...

Toon Zelda.

That's 1 out of 5 down...
See that doesn't excite me terribly.

BUT TETRA THOUGH?

Tetra would be hype. Technically the same character but pretty different in terms of what they'd do.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
For the uninformed, what does that mean for both games' chances?
smart boys what DOES THIS MEAN
uhh, I assume that its implying that square enix no longer owns the Super Mario RPG IP?
but was it even there to begin with? I dont think square enix would bother listing a single game within their holdings, especially since they only hold certain elements of the game.
much like copyright renewal stuff, this probably just means about jack ****

Noipoi

Howdy!
Chocobo has good access to a variety of jobs in his Mystery Dungeon game. If they implement the jobs into his moveset in an interesting way, he could be a really awesome and unique character. They could make it so he's able change into a few select jobs, thus giving him a pretty diverse moveset. Or make it so his four special moves each represent a different job altogether. Maybe even just have him use pop up cards, spell books, or regular chocobo moves from his freelancer job. I think the very first option is the best but I would enjoy any of these alternatives.

Chocobo is the Square rep we need.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I am quite exicted for Edelgard simply because she's an axe user, and from what I've seen Axe users are pretty hammy when used in games (Which is up my alley), so I just hope that she does have some good colors (I want an Orange one PLZZZZ).

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You know on another note that’s the first time I’ve ever seen Sakurai tweet in English. He must REALLY not want people to spam his twitter anymore LOL.

D

Deleted member

As a whole, this game has a better soundtrack than Brawl, I'll give you that.

But nothing will ever top Brawl's Intro theme or Brawl's Final Destination theme. Some of the best tracks ever composed imo.
But does Guile's Theme go with Final Destination? I didn't think so. Oh, also this is a real YouTube comment.

Screenshot (1121).png

Pyr

Smash Lord
uhh, I assume that its implying that square enix no longer owns the Super Mario RPG IP?
but was it even there to begin with? I dont think square enix would bother listing a single game within their holdings, especially since they only hold certain elements of the game.
much like copyright renewal stuff, this probably just means about jack ****
*Nintendo sneakily buys the IP from Square*

Hah! I can dream...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
No matter how you put it it definitely doesn't point to Poochy
I love him and want him in as well tho
I put Poochy up as a possibility but it doesn't mean "all the signs point to him" or anything. I'm saying that the execution of the Crafted Yoshi alt is so bad that it's not efficient promotional material to cancel out any potential YCW related DLC. Remember, this is handled by Nintendo, not Sakurai...

D

Deleted member

Here is your daily dose of reality, folks
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You can't tell me New Age Retro Hippie won't be a character for sure, I can still believe.
Seriously I don't think anybody was expecting a Mother character regardless

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Here is your daily dose of reality, folks
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Were people really expecting Earthbound characters for DLC though
Only reason Ninten was ever mentioned was because of echo fighters, and even then he wasn’t exactly expected.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Another question is, who in Nintendo is picking the characters and what criteria are we going for?
Do they primarily care about DLC sales and will pick characters they know will sell?
Do they primarily care about series promotion and will pick characters they or third parties want to promote?
It's probably not AS much of a priority imo. They probably know that as long as the character is decent or cool, people will dive in and buy the character. They will make bank regardless. Corrin nor Bayonetta were nearly as popular as Cloud, Ryu and the Veterans last game, but they were the final characters and topped the DLC off.

I honestly think a mix of longtime requests and popularity will take charge here for Nintendo. Sakurai specifically says HE primarily decides in that tweet, assuming Nintendo let's him mostly do so.

My guesses:

- SE Rep with a strong Nintendo affiliation: My money is on Geno due to Sakurai's comment. It is THE character he has wanted in Smash. SE possibly agreed due to getting compensation as a DLC character. Others could be Chrono, DQ rep or Neku. Sora's the odd man out now.

- Microsoft rep with Nintendo affiliation: Banjo and Kazooie is probably the only one with a huge Nintendo history and a big fan following like Geno from a 3rd party series. I feel like Minecraft is infinitely better as costume DLC, as you can sell MANY sets of costumes with minimal effort from a game where skins and costumes are king.

- Another 3rd party: Not sure who, but I do feel like 3/5 characters will be 3rd party. Phoenix Wright maybe?

- 1st party: Bandana Dee. I'm starting to feel like this is a possibility. This is literally Japan's most requested character behind K. Rool. It makes sense and the Star Allies Twitter is acting weird with announcements rn about crossing dimensions (but it's definitely more in reference to a new character they are adding in that game).

- Reserved for a promotional character related to a Nintendo game coming out or recently released. Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc. I have no idea.

At this point I'm more confident in BWD, Geno and Banjo than I've ever been before. We may get all of them, or we may get none of them lol, but Sakurai's words definitely give me confidence

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
You know on another note that’s the first time I’ve ever seen Sakurai tweet in English. He must REALLY not want people to spam his twitter anymore LOL.
Fan campaigns are done.

People better hope we get another fighter ballot in the next decade.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized Magnus isn’t in Smash Ultimate as an Assist Trophy character...we only have Phosphora

NineS

Smash Lord
Nintendo: "hmmm, 2B would be a good choice to promote the upcoming Switch version of Nier Automata."

:nifty::nifty:

PLEASE DO NOT TEASE ME OR THE OTHER 2B FANS LIKE THIS. BUT YES, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING WOULD HAPPEN EVER SINCE THE FINAL SMASH DIRECT. AND IT SEEMS IT MAY BE GOING THAT WAY, OR SO I HOPE.

YOU HAVE ME RILED UP. I AM DELUSIONAL NOW. REEEEEEEE-- sorry.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Well, i got kicked.
Sorry for talking about Agumon guys , see ya.
I'm not saying you've got to go. If you want to spam Agumon stuff, there's a thread for that. I encourage you to stay and chat here if you stay on topic with what's currently going on and not try and plug Digimon into literally every one of your posts.

Xeno324

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help find for me the Smash Ultimate E3 Main Theme for Mp3 please?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Wow. I actually feel pretty bad for Sakurai given that he had to tweet that. The second tweet, namely. While I understand the prospect of Nintendo being the ones choosing the DLC may miff some people, myself included, I don't think Sakurai would have a choice in that matter - either it'd be Nintendo picking it or there'd be no DLC to pick. And even with the knowledge of the high possibility of a line-up that's less than what people wanted, I'm pretty confident that the quality of the fighters, stages, and music, regardless of their identity will be absolutely stellar. So I'm still pretty happy with things. I just don't like people spamming Sakurai like that. The dude works himself to the hecking bone for us - people should really be more considerate, all things considered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized Magnus isn’t in Smash Ultimate as an Assist Trophy character...we only have Phosphora
YO BUT PHOSPHORA A BADDY BAD *****, IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT AYYYY

Was anyone expecting a Mother character?
Deep inside, I always do. Duster is still yet to be shown. And he isn't an AT.

Watch as Nintendo FINALLY listens to the requests for Mother 3 and instead put Duster in Smash. Called it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm not saying you've got to go. If you want to spam Agumon stuff, there's a thread for that. I encourage you to stay and chat here if you stay on topic with what's currently going on and not try and plug Digimon into literally every one of your posts.
He knows about the thread...

He made it after all :yoshi:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

PLEASE DO NOT TEASE ME OR THE OTHER 2B FANS LIKE THIS. BUT YES, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING WOULD HAPPEN EVER SINCE THE FINAL SMASH DIRECT. AND IT SEEMS IT MAY BE GOING THAT WAY, OR SO I HOPE.

YOU HAVE ME RILED UP. I AM DELUSIONAL NOW. REEEEEEEE-- sorry.
Don't worry.
We're all at least a little delusional.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the DLC roster was chosen by Nintendo means the only chance of a Golden Sun character getting in is if a GS 4 is in the works...possibly to be teased in the next Direct...I’m setting myself up for major disappointment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom