• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also it's a ****ing crime how few people know of K. Rool's Acid Punk. It's as much of a banger as Gang-Plank Galleon in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

The only thing really keeping me from not wanting Slime is the fact that I just wouldn't be able to get the image of a blue Hershey's kiss being a fighter out of my head, just seem like an unfair advantage detracting your opponent with thoughts of delicious chocolate.
Simple, just ban slime from tournaments. Easy!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Which is odd since Donkey Kong Land 1 is actually the first appearance of what we now know as New Donk City in the Donkey Kong Country series. Except in that game it was known as Big Ape City. And in Game Boy Donkey Kong it was known as Big City...

What even is Mario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong lore...?
Whatever lore Mario had went to complete **** after the Super Crown was introduced.

StormC

Smash Hero
Which is odd since Donkey Kong Land 1 is actually the first appearance of what we now know as New Donk City in the Donkey Kong Country series. Except in that game it was known as Big Ape City. And in Game Boy Donkey Kong it was known as Big City...

What even is Mario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong lore...?
Replace "party" with "Smash General Thread" and this is me:

But yeah, I just assume New Donk and Big Ape City are the same places.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can safely say...

That I strongly prefer the western fanbase after reading through that crap.

Holy crap, that got awful.

D

Deleted member

I can safely say...

That I strongly prefer the western fanbase after reading through that crap.

Holy crap, that got awful.
That site afaik is like 4chan to the west. You wouldn't judge the west based on 4chan threads would you?

Iridium

Smash Hero
At this point, I wonder what timeline we would be living in if Sakurai stopped caring about popularity for DLC, and went for 5 joke picks, like :ultpiranha:.

Octorok, Topi, Lloid Rocket, Metroid and Centurion, get ready!

I would hide in my tiny bunker.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like I don't have a high enough IQ to understand what this means
Cuz shes basically just a goomba that flies around in a mech suit.

We just got plant goomba, I dont think Sakurai adding mech goomba too as dlc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Japanese 4Chan is just as terrible as American 4Chan.

At the end of the day, we're all the same race. The human race. And we suck.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Smash DLC Sora.png
My most wanted character for DLC is Sora from Kingdom Hearts, particularly with his Kingdom Hearts III version as the default and his Kingdom Hearts II version as an Alt, like seems to be the case in Kingdom Hearts III. For alt colours for both, they could use the Drive Forms from Kingdom Hearts II for inspiration, such as Limit Form (itself a reference to Sora's Kingdom Hearts 1, primarily red, outfit), Final Form (Silver & Black), and Anti-Form (Think Sora's version of Dark Link) for his Kingdom Hearts II outfit and Guardian Form (Yellow) and a currently unnamed Magical Form (Blue) & also unnamed Green Form for his Kingdom Hearts III outfit.

For his stage, I would love to see Destiny Islands transitioning from the base start of game form, to the being destroyed storm version and then the End of the World version before transitioning back.

MainJPW

M.T.A
At this point, I wonder what timeline we would be living in if Sakurai stopped caring about popularity for DLC, and went for 5 joke picks, like :ultpiranha:.

Motobug as the second Sonic rep.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, but hear me out:

Erdrick is cooler.

Hell, I'd even take waifu-bait Jade over a generic Slime.

Wouldn't that be funny? If Jade actually ended up in the game as those 4chan "leaks" said she would. While I'd initially be miffed at no Sora, a Naginata & Martial Arts character sounds pretty fun to play as to be honest.
Is Jade even the MC of her game?

I can't imagine a non-MC getting in Smash first.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Centurion would be dope
Is Jade even the MC of her game?
No... People just want her in because of her appeal... I guess...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 175818
My most wanted character for DLC is Sora from Kingdom Hearts, particularly with his Kingdom Hearts III version as the default and his Kingdom Hearts II version as an Alt, like seems to be the case in Kingdom Hearts III. For alt colours for both, they could use the Drive Forms from Kingdom Hearts II for inspiration, such as Limit Form (itself a reference to Sora's Kingdom Hearts 1, primarily red, outfit), Final Form (Silver & Black), and Anti-Form (Think Sora's version of Dark Link) for his Kingdom Hearts II outfit and Guardian Form (Yellow) and a currently unnamed Magical Form (Blue) & also unnamed Green Form for his Kingdom Hearts III outfit.

For his stage, I would love to see Destiny Islands transitioning from the base start of game form, to the being destroyed storm version and then the End of the World version before transitioning back.
With Stitch as an assist trophy.

NineS

Smash Lord
Okay, but hear me out:

Erdrick is cooler.

Hell, I'd even take waifu-bait Jade over a generic Slime.

Wouldn't that be funny? If Jade actually ended up in the game as those 4chan "leaks" said she would. While I'd initially be miffed at no Sora, a Naginata & Martial Arts character sounds pretty fun to play as to be honest.
Erdrick would be cool, but I don't think he's on the same level of an iconic or creative choice as integrating a Slime into Smash would be. Truth be told, I'm not even sure if he reaches' Sora's or Cloud's level of being iconic.

Most, if not, all people outside of big-time Dragon Quest fans or just well-informed fans wouldn't know him and likely assume he's a Dragon Ball character.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Who do you think would be more hated by any kind of Smash fans? Corrin or Katalina?

My money's on Katalina, since not only is her series of origin a mobile phone game (A genre that the Smash fanbase despise with a passion), and is mostly known in Japan (Which makes westerners see her series as a typical anime cliché dump, despite being technically more popular than Bayonetta), but her weapon of choice (Despite being a rapier (Which is a weapon that thrust and having ice powers)) gives them Fire Emblem Syndrome flashbacks, along with her design would make people generate into volcanos compared to Corrin (I think).

D

Deleted member

You say that like it's a bad thing.

We wouldn't deserve a roster that beautiful. The only question I have, though, is would the Metroid be able to crawl?

D

Deleted member

Who do you think would be more hated by any kind of Smash fans? Corrin or Katalina?

My money's on Katalina, since not only is her series of origin a mobile phone game (A genre that the Smash fanbase despise with a passion), and is mostly known in Japan (Which makes westerners see her series as a typical anime cliché dump, despite being technically more popular than Bayonetta), but her weapon of choice (Despite being a rapier (Which is a weapon that thrust and having ice powers)) gives them Fire Emblem Syndrome flashbacks, along with her design would make people generate into volcanos compared to Corrin (I think).
Katalina 100% by sheer virtue of being a mobile rep. Guarantee you people will deadass be like "THIS IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE TO ANGRY BIRDS" if she gets announced

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just realized: You know how Subspace Emissary had :wolf::jigglypuff::toonlink: hidden as unlockables post-game?

What if they do the same for Spirits? Someone please tell me people aren't missing from the cliff shot in the trailer please God I don't want to go searching again.

Calane

Smash Ace
I'd...rather we got a Hero over Slime. I understand that it's probably the only thing that people unfamiliar with DQ recognize from the series, but it just isn't a good fit for being the sole playable representation for Dragon Quest. At least, not in my opinion.

When I think of DQ, I think of the heroes, their various party members, and the exciting, memorable adventures each game holds. The monsters are definitely part of the series' charm, but so are the actual characters. I think it makes the most sense to make a hero (Erdrick) playable, and then have the more iconic DQ monsters be background elements in their stage. That's the best way to represent the series as a whole, in my opinion.

If we got Slime, it'd almost be like my dream came true and didn't at the same time. I'd be happy because DQ's in Smash, but it just isn't any of the characters that I actually care about and have come to love over the years. It'd be like representing Earthbound with only Mr. Saturn. While some people would be fine with that, I'm sure a lot of fans out there would rather of had Ness, Lucas, or any of the various party members they've come to love. It's a little hard to explain, but I...just wouldn't like it. No offense to Slime fans, the little dude's cool. I'd just be personally disappointed, that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom