• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Another leaker called Spawn is claiming Sora
When do ever really know jack **** honestly? A lot of the time speculation is kind of just people going back and forth on assumptions to possible clues that usually lead nowhere from sources that 90% of the time aren't really anything to begin with.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I just don't get why Nintendo would charge people for fighters no one knows anything about
Yeah, it's strange. I guess they're very popular in Japan though. Right now, Sora is the only one that fans worldwide would care about. I personally won't be buying the pass if Katalina and Steve end up being true. I'd rather more Piranha Plant-like surprises where everyone knows the character, I think. And Ninten. And Louie!

Shroob

Sup?
When do ever really know jack **** honestly? A lot of the time speculation is kind of just people going back and forth on assumptions to possible clues that usually lead nowhere from sources 90% of the time aren't really anything to begin with.
Spawn Wave is currently on a perfect leak streak of like, 9-10 correct leaks in a row, and has more or less called the exact dates of the last 3 Directs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was a bit bored yesterday, so I decided to make a complete character usage tier list, and this is what I got.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultrichter::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu:
C: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
D: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
E: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
F: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool:
G: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

S & A are tier 1 & 2 mains (respectively), B & C make up secondaries (tier 1 & 2, respectively), C is the third tier of secondaries (which I need more time to get used to), D is the "maybe" group ( with consideration), E is "meh" (not bad, but I don't know), F is "boring" (not a fan of these ones), and G is "no." (sorry, but I can't).

Questions for me? Can anybody make their own (expecting meme responses)?
I haven't seriously played Smash 4 in a while, so these are the ones I plan to use from the most to the ones I plan to use the least,
S::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultpokemontrainer:
A::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultcorrin:
B::ultpiranha::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultsnake::ultkingdedede::ulticeclimbers::ultsonic:
C::ultkirby::ultlink::ultvillager::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultluigi::ultdk::ultzelda:
D::ultdiddy::ultcloud::ultmegaman::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultlucas::ultlucario:
E::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultlittlemac::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrob::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultyoshi::ultwolf:
F::ultshulk::ultjigglypuff::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultmiifighters::ultwiifittrainer:
G::ultbayonetta::ultryu::ultken:

Last edited:

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
That's interesting I wonder could it be an echo that's not an AT right now?

Like there are a few on the table.

-Dixie Kong

-Jeanne

-Hilda

-Funky Kong

- Ninten
It could be anything. Maybe an echo. Probably not Toad.
Maybe Chibi Robo. He got a lot of love that I noticed in the direct.

I hope not Hilda.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
To Be Entirely Fair, verge did leave a small hint that he did in fact know about PP a day before the direct
Ya but most people didn't even know about it until after the direct so that one is kind of a mute point honestly but I understand what you're trying to say.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
When do ever really know jack **** honestly? A lot of the time speculation is kind of just people going back and forth on assumptions to possible clues that usually lead nowhere from sources 90% of the time aren't really anything to begin with.
Wait...

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
i would have liked a direct link to his post but whatever. anyway he's only backing Senjou, not outright saying that Steve and Katalina are definitely in. also no mention of a DQ character.
Worth noting he also doesn't trust Senjou all that much

Noipoi

Howdy!
In attempt to familiarize myself with Kingdom Hearts so the lack of Geno doesn't send me into an intense depression, i've been researching the game's story.

I feel like I understand less than when I knew nothing about Kingdom Hearts.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I was a bit bored yesterday, so I decided to make a complete character usage tier list, and this is what I got.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultrichter::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu:
C: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
D: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
E: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
F: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool:
G: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

S & A are tier 1 & 2 mains (respectively), B & C make up secondaries (tier 1 & 2, respectively), C is the third tier of secondaries (which I need more time to get used to), D is the "maybe" group ( with consideration), E is "meh" (not bad, but I don't know), F is "boring" (not a fan of these ones), and G is "no." (sorry, but I can't).

Questions for me? Can anybody make their own (expecting meme responses)?
S: :ultlucario::ultlucas::ultkirby::ultgreninja:
A: :ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultike::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultmario::ultdarkpit:
B::ultbowser::ultwolf::ultgnw::ultmewtwo::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus::ultcorrin::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultrob::ultrichter::ultpokemontrainer:
C::ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultridley::ultpit::ultpikachu::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultness::ultsimon::ultpalutena::ultroy::ultchrom::ultinkling:
D: :ultshulk::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultken::ultzelda::ultwario::ultbayonetta::ultisabelle::ultlink::ultfox::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpeach:
E: :ultryu::ultzss::ultyounglink::ultsnake::ultsamus::ultrosalina::ultmegaman::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultdaisy::ultpichu:
F::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultjigglypuff::ultmiifighters::ultdoc:

Based on my time with Smash 4's characters as well as my thoughts on how much I'll play the newcomers. S tier is for my favorites to play as (not including any newcomers as of yet), A tier is for characters that are close to that threshold but not quite, but I'll still play as a lot (basically the true secondary to semi-main rank), B tier is for characters I'll play a good amount of, C is for "sometimes" characters, D is for characters I don't really care much to play as, but could play them if convinced, E is for characters I don't like very much, and F is for the characters I don't want to touch within a ten-foot radius.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
A DQ character is only from LeakyPandy who, day by day, is seeming more bull****.
King Bulbin is likely a boss, which means that Skull Kid probably isn't. (That being said, the source of that also says a Werewolf is, so they may just be a miniboss stage hazard or something).

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Spawn Wave is currently on a perfect leak streak of like, 9-10 correct leaks in a row, and has more or less called the exact dates of the last 3 Directs.
Welp he has said Sora so I hope he's correct simply cause of that. But I think it's safer to keep hype to a minimum right now since again anything can happen he may have a perfect record now but there is no reason to believe that won't change at any point so it's always smart to keep a level head.

D

Deleted member

In attempt to familiarize myself with Kingdom Hearts so the lack of Geno doesn't send me into an intense depression, i've been researching the game's story.

The story is kind of nonsense to an outsider, but If you have a PS4 just go get the 1.5+2.5 bundle. KH1 is great and KH2 might be one of the best action RPGs ever made, and they come with the content that was exclusive to Japan in the PS2 days.
The other games range in varying degrees of quality though.

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh ****, I didn't even think of this at all.
This is gonna be terrible...who has the popcorn.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Youre supposed to research it while drunk.. It's like Finnegan's Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom