• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That's... what i said, no?

One character (Banjo), one stage (Minecraft) and several tracks (from Microsoft properties)?
No that's different. If we get a Minecraft stage, we'll be getting am Minecraft character, aka Steve, not Banjo. If we get a Banjo stage, we'll get Banjo as a character, and not Steve

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's the story of Kingdom Hearts for you.

Watch Everglow's Timeline series if you want a definitive show of the story. It's ****in' long, but it explains everything well.

Or just play the games if you can. You can buy a PS3 for cheap and get the 1.5 and 2.5 collections for like $30-40. You can also pick up Persona 5, which is amazing.
Unfortunately i'm broke as hell, so i'll have to settle for Youtube videos.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
so a thought, since rathalos is on a stage that currently isnt a full one, what are the chances that monster hunter is one of the fighters and the stage gets made into a full one. It makes sense to me anyway

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Everybody I'm actually sorry for being mad about the Blood Falcon thing, since Meta Knight's Galactica Knight costume just has the crack and colors and nothing else really...

Still want a newcomer though...

Anyways...
Oh ****, I didn't even think of this at all.
This is gonna be terrible...who has the popcorn.
I swear if a crackpot "THEYRE HIDING CHARACTERS IN THE SPIRITS MODE!" Theory is right, the whole internet is going to **** their collective pants

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly World of Light is close enough to a story mode to want to avoid things until I get the game. Everything else in game Im mostly fine with though. I want to see if there is a Krystal spirit though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo Nekoo
sigh. alright..
Well if that 1/3 is all FE charcaters and Pokemon then I'd agree..
But really, you can't say that. Every charcater is iconic. You may like Sora.. and Square for that, so you see their world bigger than any other. The thing is, only Smash is doing a well put together crossover, and the calls are made by Nintendo. So we'll see.

I love Konami, and as you, and I'm pretty sure of it, they can also make a game even fuller than Smash with their own IPs only.
Just take the main characters of all FF games.
Now then, add Dragon Quest Characters.
Now add Chrono Trigger.
Now add KH.
Now add Bravely.
Now add Octopath.
Now add Tomb Raider.
Now add Deux Ex.
Now add TWEWY.
Now add Nier Automata.
Now add Secret of Mana.

Jesus dude, Square-Enix have so many ****ing iconics characters, they can make their own smash bros without blushing or being embarassed in front of Smash.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
In attempt to familiarize myself with Kingdom Hearts so the lack of Geno doesn't send me into an intense depression, i've been researching the game's story.

I feel like I understand less than when I knew nothing about Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom hearts's plot in nutshell: it was mindgame of old curious man who want to take the heart by himself.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Okay, uhhh... I main the random button, but here's what I expect for my usage tiers anyway.

S: :ultcorrin::ultfox::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultzelda::ultzss:

A: :ultbayonetta: :ultcloud: :ultike::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

B: :ultfalcon::ultfalco::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultluigi::ultmegaman::ultpiranha::ultrosalina::ultken::ultsnake:

C: :ultbowser::ultdk::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultkrool::ultpacman::ultridley::ultryu::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi:

D: :ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
so a thought, since rathalos is on a stage that currently isnt a full one, what are the chances that monster hunter is one of the fighters and the stage gets made into a full one. It makes sense to me anyway
Capcom already has three characters which seems to be enough, its the same amount as Konami.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Everybody I'm actually sorry for being mad about the Blood Falcon thing, since Meta Knight's Galactica Knight costume just has the crack and colors and nothing else really...

Still want a newcomer though...

Anyways...

I swear if a crackpot "THEYRE HIDING CHARACTERS IN THE SPIRITS MODE!" Theory is right, the whole internet is going to **** their collective pants
It would be so funny.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Nekoo Nekoo
sigh. alright..
Well if that 1/3 is all FE charcaters and Pokemon then I'd agree..
But really, you can't say that. Every charcater is iconic. You may like Sora.. and Square for that, so you see their world bigger than any other. The thing is, only Smash is doing a well put together crossover, and the calls are made by Nintendo. So we'll see.

I love Konami, and as you, and I'm pretty sure of it, they can also make a game even fuller than Smash with their own IPs only.
I wouldn't call Smash "the only" game doing a well put together crossover. I would say that KH and Smash both share that title, though for different genres of game. KH and Smash are the biggest crossovers in gaming history period that's not even a debate. But I would say there isn't just one because that's definitely not true at all. If KH wasn't a successful well put together crossover It wouldn't have become the saga it is now there's like 15 game releases so far in the series that's not something a bad crossover would have warranted.

D

Deleted member

Now add Chrono Trigger.
Now add KH.
Now add Bravely.
Now add Octopath.
Now add Tomb Raider.
Now add Deux Ex.
Now add TWEWY.
Now add Nier Automata.
Now add Secret of Mana.

Jesus dude, Square-Enix have so many ****ing iconics characters, they can make their own smash bros without blushing or being embarassed in front of Smash.
You know, I'd pay money to have a Smash Bros vs Capcom vs Square Enix game. Maybe Konami too, but only for Castlevania.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Anyone hear of any significant differences between Dark Samus/Richter and Samus/Simon? Really curious about these 2.

I've heard of some pretty big changes for Daisy and we know how different Chrom and Ken are already.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Now add Chrono Trigger.
Now add KH.
Now add Bravely.
Now add Octopath.
Now add Tomb Raider.
Now add Deux Ex.
Now add TWEWY.
Now add Nier Automata.
Now add Secret of Mana.

I don't think you got what I was trying to say there *sigh*

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sometimes I wonder why I read and reply to YouTube comments on Smash Bros videos. The comments are so toxic. "What is Granblue Fantasy? I videogame for weebs." Like, that's just uncalled for

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had the opportunity to play a Kingdom Hearts game. I need moar money....

But I have taken a listen to some KH music, and wow. That's some good stuff.
Yoko Shimomura is a great musician hopefully is Sora gets in smash her work can get added to Ultimate for what ever turns out to be the KH stage.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think most of us would love to see some reference to Tabuu in World of Light, at least. I can see that happening, whether it be through Galeem's animations (in battle, if we see that happen?), or something smaller.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Quick question, how prominent is Stitch (aka, the best Disney character of all time) in Kingdom Hearts?
I don't think he'll show up in Smash or anything, I just really like hearing about Stitch :laugh:
IF i recall correctly he was the best summon in II. I think there was a Lilo and Stich prequel world in Birth by sleep but i havent played that one YET

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
Yeah, not gonna lie, it's confusing. I like some of it, such as Birth By Sleep and 358 Days/2 stories, but overall KH's story is a mess, to say the least.
I think the fact that KH *chose* to name a game 358/2 days speaks volumes about the choices made by the series.

Pakky

Smash Hero
This might be BS to some but if they added Sephy, Tifa and Barret I would have no problem. Even among FF they are pretty big.

Sora and Roxas are other very notable ones.

Beyond Square, going into say Capcom and Sega, Eggman is pretty big because he never seems to go away, as every generation of youths from the 90s to now knows him from something. Chun-Li might actually be in. She's not an AT and she's usually been put over Ken as Ryu's partner in A LOT of crossover games.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Well duh obviously the Grinch leak characters are just hiding in spirits because errrrr....... Ken's pose!

Right guys?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call Smash "the only" game doing a well put together crossover. I would say that KH and Smash both share that title, though for different genres of game. KH and Smash are the biggest crossovers in gaming history period that's not even a debate. But I would say there isn't just one because that's definitely not true at all. If KH wasn't a successful well put together crossover It wouldn't have become the saga it is now there's like 15 game releases so far in the series that's not something a bad crossover would have warranted.
Oh my God..
Dude we're talking fighting games here. And KH is not the biggest crossover in gaming history, don't shove things like that! It's a crossover of animation charcaters. Disney and Square only, that's NOTHING in gaming. Gs.

D

Deleted member

I think most of us would love to see some reference to Tabuu in World of Light, at least. I can see that happening, whether it be through Galeem's animations (in battle, if we see that happen?), or something smaller.
My theory is that Galeem is Tabuu's soul that has grown stronger over the years.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Capcom already has three characters which seems to be enough, its the same amount as Konami.
i mean i dont think that matters, monster hunter is massively popular and if they can get a full character can get in i some how dont see sakruai saying no cause capcom already has 3 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom