• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Hopefully Bandai Namco doesnt get a character, Megazord would be stupid..

Really? Megazord in Soul Calibur? That is so stupid, and what is there like tiny little rangers riding inside of him :laugh:

Its like the stupidest character ever, the whole point to the Megazord is to be a giant robot controlled by the rangers to fight big monsters.. Just doesnt make sense, Divatox would have been a much better choice.. Or Goldar, he can just get big and step on that Megazord and Rita Repulsive will win.

D

Deleted member

Look, i can understand that Grinch dissapointed a lot of Banjo fans... But for the love of god, i am a Crash fan.

I never gave up on seeing him return, even with the internet always trying to take me on the pessimistic side.

And look at the franchise now: an important money-making brand for Activision, close to CoD.

What am i going with this? The answer is simple: Banjo can still return.
If Crash could go from being considered a lost cause, to a brand that sells as great as Triple A titles, then Banjo can too.

If they reveal a N64 Mini with Rare Ips, buy it, and make sure that it sells a lot. Microsoft will see benefits, and Banjo will sure return.

There’s still time, and i have experienced similar feelings too in the past.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Do you guys think the five DLC fighters will be the only ones, or do you think more could come?
In my opinion it depends on how well they perform financially. I could see a second season happening if there's enough interest in keeping the game alive and going, maybe then they could lift the "no Echo DLC" ban and make some people happy. Would also be a good time to answer requests that were created during this speculation era.

It's not guaranteed but I could certainly see it happening at some point.

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
@Nekoo
sigh. alright..
Well if that 1/3 is all FE charcaters and Pokemon then I'd agree..
But really, you can't say that. Every charcater is iconic. You may like Sora.. and Square for that, so you see their world bigger than any other. The thing is, only Smash is doing a well put together crossover, and the calls are made by Nintendo. So we'll see.

I love Konami, and as you, and I'm pretty sure of it, they can also make a game even fuller than Smash with their own IPs only.
Did you just claim Konami has a stronger character library than Nintendo?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
so a thought, since rathalos is on a stage that currently isnt a full one, what are the chances that monster hunter is one of the fighters and the stage gets made into a full one. It makes sense to me anyway
50/50
While MonHun is absolutely a juggernaut that gets yearly releases, considering most things in the game were already planned from the start, it would also make sense that the Monhun stage with Rathalos would be what Sakurai considers "enough" for the franchise.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Look, i can understand that Grinch dissapointed a lot of Banjo fans... But for the love of god, i am a Crash fan.

I never gave up on seeing him return, even with the internet always trying to take me on the pessimistic side.

And look at the franchise now: an important money-making brand for Activision, close to CoD.

What am i going with this? The answer is simple: Banjo can still return.
If Crash could go from being considered a lost cause, to a brand that sells as great as Triple A titles, then Banjo can too.

If they reveal a N64 Mini with Rare Ips, buy it, and make sure that it sells a lot. Microsoft will see benefits, and Banjo will sure return.

There’s still time, and i have experienced similar feelings too in the past.
That guy had a laughing emoji in that leak.. That should have been a red flag

LetterO

Smash Lord
Hey fellas. If Sora gets in Smash, then Chicken Little is canon to the Smash Bros. Universe.

Shroob

Sup?
God this is going to Bowsette all over again isn't it?

Well for what it's worth, Roxas's story was awesome. Depressing, but awesome.
Give it a few days.

If we start seeing soo popular that we see it break off into other characters too Boosette best waifu, then we'll see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can see Banjo happening. In fact, i feel like him joining in a Microsoft pack alongside a Minecraft stage makes a lot of sense as a product.

Banjo will go towards the fans who have asked him for years, and the Minecraft stage is there to attrack the huge demographic that the game has.

That way, they will win a lot no matter what, from the old fans, and from the general market.
Imagine a Microsoft Pack coming with the following.

Characters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Master Chief
Steve

Stages:
Spiral Mountain
Halo stage (Haven't played the game)
Overworld

Assist Trophy:
Mumbo Jumbo
Halo character (Same as above)
Creeper

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
How do people feel about being able to transition stages in a match? It seems like a really interesting idea, but I feel like it's not going to be a legal option because of potential stage jank. Having each player pick a stage(loser picks first, winner picks transition)and having them transition would open a lot of doors that a simple counterpick doesn't accomplish alone. Just as an example counterpicking any stage with platforms against little mac usually puts him at a disadvantage from the start because opponents can stay on the platforms. Giving little mac 1 minute of final destination transition could make it a little more balanced.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
50/50
While MonHun is absolutely a juggernaut that gets yearly releases, considering most things in the game were already planned from the start, it would also make sense that the Monhun stage with Rathalos would be what Sakurai considers "enough" for the franchise.
i guess we will see, the good thing about monster hunter is that since all the charcters are cac it doesnt matter if and when it would get added, just slap some armor on them give them a moveset and you are good, no need to worry about the next games main character

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do people feel about being able to transition stages in a match? It seems like a really interesting idea, but I feel like it's not going to be a legal option because of potential stage jank. Having each player pick a stage(winner picks first, loser picks transition)and having them transition would open a lot of doors that a simple counterpick doesn't accomplish alone. Just as an example counterpicking any stage with platforms against little mac usually puts him at a disadvantage from the start because opponents can stay on the platforms. Giving little mac 1 minute of final destination transition could make it a little more balanced.
I think it's really cool! I can't wait to mix and match.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
In my opinion it depends on how well they perform financially. I could see a second season happening if there's enough interest in keeping the game alive and going, maybe then they could lift the "no Echo DLC" ban and make some people happy. Would also be a good time to answer requests that were created during this speculation era.

It's not guaranteed but I could certainly see it happening at some point.
Honestly, I could see them doing another five but without a stage (or even music?) As long at they are returning franchises.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you guys think the five DLC fighters will be the only ones, or do you think more could come?
They could continue to make a very healthy profit through regular Smash DLC the entire lifetime of the Switch, but this is also the company that didn't make any paid DLC for Odyssey, so them calling it after the season and Sakurai moving on to a new project wouldn't surprise me.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Heh, it seems like nobody can afford to repeatedly regrab the ledge without landing (on the stage) top much, or they get reduced invincibility, and eventually can't grab the ledge anymore.

We'll have to see how this plays later, but perhaps ledge-trapping might be even more insane.

Pay attention to Mario to see what Meshima and Sakurai meant.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
if Microsoft is sending Steve they're definetly sending Banjo, so Steve is only more hope for Banjo to come
(yeah, i know Phill already said that they have no problem, but collaboration between Micro and Nintendo only reinforces Banjo getting in)

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God..
Dude we're talking fighting games here. And KH is not the biggest crossover in gaming history, don't shove things like that! It's a crossover of animation charcaters. Disney and Square only, that's NOTHING in gaming. Gs.
Lol I said it's "one" of the biggest crossovers in gaming history I never is said it was THE biggest. That's why I said BOTH Smash and KH should be considered the biggest crossovers in gaming history because they are. One is a massive crossover of gaming icons the other a massive crossover with Disney and Final Fantasy. When I say gaming I do not mean it in the way you'd consider it as a "gaming" crossover in the same way you'd say for smash. But instead a gaming crossover in the sense of two wildly different concepts clashing and somehow still working. Which you seem to have misunderstood, KH is still a game and it is a crossover so therefore it is a gaming crossover... because it's a game. do you see what I mean now?

D

Deleted member

So how'd you guys be with animated shorts as DLC considering all this talk about an Smash anime?
I'd watch it, even if it won't be good.
Master Chief in Super Smash Bros?!!!

View attachment 175438
Nope.
Give it a few days.

If we start seeing soo popular that we see it break off into other characters too Boosette best waifu, then we'll see.
Maybe. That guy responsible for both Bowsette and...whatever his recent tweet is about is weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
i have 3 questions...

1:So after the direct was shown , anything new? that i didnt herd

2:Also about that old grinch leak... one thing has been bothering me... who did it?
3:also the sorce of papageno? what about them?

or is it that all the characters in that leak are the five dlc?

i say in terms of the overall smash mode and online it made me happy
but disappointed for the overall non smash mode....
well ignoring the adventure and the very awesome classic mode.

Fred Herbert

Smash Rookie
I really love the creativity behind Spirits mode, with each character being a unique reference to the Spirit possessing a character. Like Shantae possessing Zero Mission Alt ZSS on Pirate ship.

I was also thinking that Geno necessarily isn't deconfirmed yet, unless his spirit is possessing a Geno Mii costume. Kind of like Lip.

In the case of Geno if Square decides to favor Sora over him, I'd love to see a Switch exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 summon, where you could summon in Geno, kind of like you could with some of the other Disney Characters. If Kingdom Hearts 3 is ported to Switch someday. Just so Geno has his time to shine in some way.

The more and more I watch Piranha Plant's trailer, the more I see how much creativity Sakurai put into him, and how only a man as crazy as Sakurai could make a Piranha Plant fight. He really is a nice surprise entry, even if his trailer did look like it would be for Geno at first.

I'm just more excited that Sakurai actually gave Pichu a spiky-eared alt!

D

Deleted member

if Microsoft is sending Steve they're definetly sending Banjo, so Steve is only more hope for Banjo to come
(yeah, i know Phill already said that they have no problem, but collaboration between Micro and Nintendo only reinforces Banjo getting in)
This.

Don’t give up, for the love of god. A lot of Crasg fans and i didn’t do so in the past.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Bandai Namco doesnt get a character, Megazord would be stupid..

Really? Megazord in Soul Calibur? That is so stupid, and what is there like tiny little rangers riding inside of him :laugh:

Its like the stupidest character ever, the whole point to the Megazord is to be a giant robot controlled by the rangers to fight big monsters.. Just doesnt make sense, Divatox would have been a much better choice.. Or Goldar, he can just get big and step on that Megazord and Rita Repulsive will win.
I'm pretty sure that's a supposed to be a joke nod at the fact that actual megazords are actually just people in costumes pretending to be giant robots.

TeamFlareZakk

Going by what the Verge has claimed, we will definitely be see Square and Microsoft included in the dlc.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I really love the creativity behind Spirits mode, with each character being a unique reference to the Spirit possessing a character. Like Shantae possessing Zero Mission Alt ZSS on Pirate ship.

I was also thinking that Geno necessarily isn't deconfirmed yet, unless his spirit is possessing a Geno Mii costume. Kind of like Lip.

In the case of Geno if Square decides to favor Sora over him, I'd love to see a Switch exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 summon, where you could summon in Geno, kind of like you could with some of the other Disney Characters. If Kingdom Hearts 3 is ported to Switch someday. Just so Geno has his time to shine in some way.

The more and more I watch Piranha Plant's trailer, the more I see how much creativity Sakurai put into him, and how only a man as crazy as Sakurai could make a Piranha Plant fight. He really is a nice surprise entry, even if his trailer did look like it would be for Geno at first.

I'm just more excited that Sakurai actually gave Pichu a spiky-eared alt!

Actually one of the new heartless in the kh3 toy story world ironically enough looks very similar to Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom